CF Care in other countries question

J

Juniper

I too like Bumble bee live in the UK.

I work also so don't know too much about benefits.
If i have to have time of work i don't get paid. I get three days unpaid leave then statutory sick pay for the rest of the time which is about £60pw i think.

All my drugs are free cos i'm diabetic too so i get free prescriptions.

I have never had a any problems getting any expensive medication, Tobi, Pulmozyme.

I have had three ports fitted and they have been done as soon as i needed them, there didn't seem to be a wiating list.

My clinic is only a phone call away and always willing to help.

I guess i'm pretty lucky with the standard of care i get in the UK

J

Juniper

If i have to have time of work i don't get paid. I get three days unpaid leave then statutory sick pay for the rest of the time which is about £60pw i think.

I have never had a any problems getting any expensive medication, Tobi, Pulmozyme.

I have had three ports fitted and they have been done as soon as i needed them, there didn't seem to be a wiating list.

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

<br />
<br />I work also so don't know too much about benefits.
<br />If i have to have time of work i don't get paid. I get three days unpaid leave then statutory sick pay for the rest of the time which is about £60pw i think.
<br />
<br />All my drugs are free cos i'm diabetic too so i get free prescriptions.
<br />
<br />I have never had a any problems getting any expensive medication, Tobi, Pulmozyme.
<br />
<br />I have had three ports fitted and they have been done as soon as i needed them, there didn't seem to be a wiating list.
<br />
<br />My clinic is only a phone call away and always willing to help.
<br />
<br />I guess i'm pretty lucky with the standard of care i get in the UK

eoiny

im here in ireland and the healthcare is useless. the medication is covered but there are no cf units and people are dyin off every day you cant even get a bed im tinkin a the average age in this useless kip is still 21 we're way behind you lads

eoiny

im here in ireland and the healthcare is useless. the medication is covered but there are no cf units and people are dyin off every day you cant even get a bed im tinkin a the average age in this useless kip is still 21 we're way behind you lads

eoiny

eoiny

eoiny

mariaIIRELAND

Hi sevenstars. I live in Ireland and while i have to agree with eoiny that some aspects of healthcare are bad we are also very lucky. the bad is that when in hospital you don't get a private roomj. but the good is......
all medication is free.
hospital visits are free.
nebulisers etc are free.
you can get disability allowace of about 200 euros and work part time and earn up to 120 euro without it affecting your DA.
If you are getting DA and working part time as described you can get an apartment to rent and only pay 13 euro a week.
you can also get an allowance towards your electricity bill.
You can get a free travel pass for bus and rail.
so while we might not have lots of cash to splash we are well looked after!

mariaIIRELAND

Hi sevenstars. I live in Ireland and while i have to agree with eoiny that some aspects of healthcare are bad we are also very lucky. the bad is that when in hospital you don't get a private roomj. but the good is......
all medication is free.
nebulisers etc are free.
you can get disability allowace of about 200 euros and work part time and earn up to 120 euro without it affecting your DA.
If you are getting DA and working part time as described you can get an apartment to rent and only pay 13 euro a week.

mariaIIRELAND

all medication is free.
nebulisers etc are free.

mariaIIRELAND

all medication is free.
nebulisers etc are free.

mariaIIRELAND

<br />all medication is free.
<br />hospital visits are free.
<br />nebulisers etc are free.
<br />you can get disability allowace of about 200 euros and work part time and earn up to 120 euro without it affecting your DA.
<br />If you are getting DA and working part time as described you can get an apartment to rent and only pay 13 euro a week.
<br />you can also get an allowance towards your electricity bill.
<br />You can get a free travel pass for bus and rail.
<br />so while we might not have lots of cash to splash we are well looked after!

Marjolein

I still live at home with my parents
I get 100% disability and that is 75% of minimum wages for your age, it's about 880 euro a month for me right now. It will stay like this for me right now cause it goes up till you're 23 y/o.
I have to pay about 125 euro a month for healthcare and get almost everything from that (meds, hospital care, home iv's, nebulizers). Only things I have to pay for are vitamines.
When I have to file taxes every year I get lots back, I think last year it was about 800 euro. I can file the vitamines too, and lots of other things that you have to pay extra for with CF, special diet and other things, even things like washing clothes, bedlinnen.

Amy you are right, the vest is really not common here in Europe. The CF foundation in my country actually advised insurance companies last year that they didn't have to pay for it cause independent studies had shown that the vest doesn't give anything extra... This was because Hillrom (I think) had decided to put the vest on the Dutch market too.
I have asked my CF doctor about the Vest a few years ago after reading about it here. She thought it might be good for me, my health was very bad and I couldn't exercise anymore. But we couldn't get it here yet. I had to have a Vest imported and that would have been much too expensive for me.

Marjolein

I get 100% disability and that is 75% of minimum wages for your age, it's about 880 euro a month for me right now. It will stay like this for me right now cause it goes up till you're 23 y/o.
I have to pay about 125 euro a month for healthcare and get almost everything from that (meds, hospital care, home iv's, nebulizers). Only things I have to pay for are vitamines.
When I have to file taxes every year I get lots back, I think last year it was about 800 euro. I can file the vitamines too, and lots of other things that you have to pay extra for with CF, special diet and other things, even things like washing clothes, bedlinnen.

Amy you are right, the vest is really not common here in Europe. The CF foundation in my country actually advised insurance companies last year that they didn't have to pay for it cause independent studies had shown that the vest doesn't give anything extra... This was because Hillrom (I think) had decided to put the vest on the Dutch market too.
I have asked my CF doctor about the Vest a few years ago after reading about it here. She thought it might be good for me, my health was very bad and I couldn't exercise anymore. But we couldn't get it here yet. I had to have a Vest imported and that would have been much too expensive for me.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I get 100% disability and that is 75% of minimum wages for your age, it's about 880 euro a month for me right now. It will stay like this for me right now cause it goes up till you're 23 y/o.
<br />I have to pay about 125 euro a month for healthcare and get almost everything from that (meds, hospital care, home iv's, nebulizers). Only things I have to pay for are vitamines.
<br />When I have to file taxes every year I get lots back, I think last year it was about 800 euro. I can file the vitamines too, and lots of other things that you have to pay extra for with CF, special diet and other things, even things like washing clothes, bedlinnen.
<br />
<br />Amy you are right, the vest is really not common here in Europe. The CF foundation in my country actually advised insurance companies last year that they didn't have to pay for it cause independent studies had shown that the vest doesn't give anything extra... This was because Hillrom (I think) had decided to put the vest on the Dutch market too.
<br />I have asked my CF doctor about the Vest a few years ago after reading about it here. She thought it might be good for me, my health was very bad and I couldn't exercise anymore. But we couldn't get it here yet. I had to have a Vest imported and that would have been much too expensive for me.