CF causing severe depression.

T

tarheel

the way it was described to me is that an antidepressant is like a ladder out of the hole of depression- it provides a way out, but you have to be willing to climb it. I was really depressed too, and still struggle with depressive thoughts sometimes. But- the medicine does help. I would reccomend you try different ones if a certain combination or one isnt working for you.

T

tarheel

the way it was described to me is that an antidepressant is like a ladder out of the hole of depression- it provides a way out, but you have to be willing to climb it. I was really depressed too, and still struggle with depressive thoughts sometimes. But- the medicine does help. I would reccomend you try different ones if a certain combination or one isnt working for you.

T

tarheel

hispita

i was on meds for depression, but took myself off them. didnt seem to help me at all. but i know im depressed and feel very depressed all the time. i get in this morbid state, where i start planning my death, talking like im dying tomorrow, what i want and dont want, pushing ones i love away from me. its very hard for me to deal with the emotions and the daily routine. i hate so bad im different from my friends. i hide my CF from everyone im not close to and even to some i am close to. i take a lot of things out on the ones i love for not understanding how i feel or like angry at them for not knowing what its like to be me. idk its hard to explain. i hope you find something that works for you.

hispita

i was on meds for depression, but took myself off them. didnt seem to help me at all. but i know im depressed and feel very depressed all the time. i get in this morbid state, where i start planning my death, talking like im dying tomorrow, what i want and dont want, pushing ones i love away from me. its very hard for me to deal with the emotions and the daily routine. i hate so bad im different from my friends. i hide my CF from everyone im not close to and even to some i am close to. i take a lot of things out on the ones i love for not understanding how i feel or like angry at them for not knowing what its like to be me. idk its hard to explain. i hope you find something that works for you.

hispita

jimiv

Hey there Cody, I am sorry to hear about your troubles with your feelings right now. I am split listening to you. On one side I watch my 12 year old son Parker address his CF issues and becomes really upset when I push him to take care of himself. On the other side I am a professional counselor who specializes in working with adolescents (as long as I am not related to them). Reading the replys you have already, my best suggestion is to listen to everyone and talk with the people you trust and make an informed decision that is yours. I will describe medications to my patients as they are like a scaffolding around a building. They will hold things up while you build your own support system. Some only use medications on a short term basis while others need a maintenance dose to keep things going. Medicine by itself is not an answer. Good Luck and I hope thing improve for you soon.

jimiv

Hey there Cody, I am sorry to hear about your troubles with your feelings right now. I am split listening to you. On one side I watch my 12 year old son Parker address his CF issues and becomes really upset when I push him to take care of himself. On the other side I am a professional counselor who specializes in working with adolescents (as long as I am not related to them). Reading the replys you have already, my best suggestion is to listen to everyone and talk with the people you trust and make an informed decision that is yours. I will describe medications to my patients as they are like a scaffolding around a building. They will hold things up while you build your own support system. Some only use medications on a short term basis while others need a maintenance dose to keep things going. Medicine by itself is not an answer. Good Luck and I hope thing improve for you soon.

jimiv

Codysrt4

Hey Cody, my name is Cody lol. Ive been listed for Tx for 4 months now and I have an FEV1 of 14%. You know I get sad and down a lot but I pick myself up and say that Im too strong to act like a lil girl. Man up, you dont need meds for feeling sad, you need a backbone. Letting your sickness and sorrows get the best of you is no way to go. Stay strong and confident and you'd be suprised how much it affects your health. You just need to believe in yourself, you can do it!!

Codysrt4

Hey Cody, my name is Cody lol. Ive been listed for Tx for 4 months now and I have an FEV1 of 14%. You know I get sad and down a lot but I pick myself up and say that Im too strong to act like a lil girl. Man up, you dont need meds for feeling sad, you need a backbone. Letting your sickness and sorrows get the best of you is no way to go. Stay strong and confident and you'd be suprised how much it affects your health. You just need to believe in yourself, you can do it!!

Codysrt4

KibblesSezHi

jeez...that sounds rough ;~; i get depressed occasionally...like theres just too much i have to deal with. i start planning how i'm gonna run away and disappear out of my life. i've never taken meds, and i'm not clinically depressed, even though i become so occasionally, but my advice is to take the meds and just keep doing stuff that makes you feel better, talk to someone if you can get past the pain of it. good luck :/

KibblesSezHi

jeez...that sounds rough ;~; i get depressed occasionally...like theres just too much i have to deal with. i start planning how i'm gonna run away and disappear out of my life. i've never taken meds, and i'm not clinically depressed, even though i become so occasionally, but my advice is to take the meds and just keep doing stuff that makes you feel better, talk to someone if you can get past the pain of it. good luck :/

KibblesSezHi

nmw615

Hey Cody,

I was a lot like you for several years. Once my hospitalizations starting picking up and my health was going down, I started to become more and more depressed. I didn't really even tell anyone about it for years, until it had gotten to be almost too late. I was put on an antidepressant and while some people will argue that drugs are not the way to solve it, I tend to disagree, at least for myself.

I look at the meds as a way to somewhat balance the crazy thoughts my mind has so I can be able to talk and make sense about them. Without the drug, my mind was really crazy; I'd describe it as an interstate with no speed limit, no lanes, no set direction. Once I started taking the meds, I was able to focus more and actually start to figure out what was going on in my life.

I can't say they're for everyone, but having something to help me focus my thoughts really helped. I also turned to writing and whenever I have a particularly bad day, I will write it out, only replacing myself and the people around me with characters, and I write the ending I want. It seems to help, too.

Good luck, Cody, and I hope you find your solution soon.

nmw615

Hey Cody,

I was a lot like you for several years. Once my hospitalizations starting picking up and my health was going down, I started to become more and more depressed. I didn't really even tell anyone about it for years, until it had gotten to be almost too late. I was put on an antidepressant and while some people will argue that drugs are not the way to solve it, I tend to disagree, at least for myself.

I look at the meds as a way to somewhat balance the crazy thoughts my mind has so I can be able to talk and make sense about them. Without the drug, my mind was really crazy; I'd describe it as an interstate with no speed limit, no lanes, no set direction. Once I started taking the meds, I was able to focus more and actually start to figure out what was going on in my life.

I can't say they're for everyone, but having something to help me focus my thoughts really helped. I also turned to writing and whenever I have a particularly bad day, I will write it out, only replacing myself and the people around me with characters, and I write the ending I want. It seems to help, too.

Good luck, Cody, and I hope you find your solution soon.

nmw615

Hey Cody,
<br />
<br />I was a lot like you for several years. Once my hospitalizations starting picking up and my health was going down, I started to become more and more depressed. I didn't really even tell anyone about it for years, until it had gotten to be almost too late. I was put on an antidepressant and while some people will argue that drugs are not the way to solve it, I tend to disagree, at least for myself.
<br />
<br />I look at the meds as a way to somewhat balance the crazy thoughts my mind has so I can be able to talk and make sense about them. Without the drug, my mind was really crazy; I'd describe it as an interstate with no speed limit, no lanes, no set direction. Once I started taking the meds, I was able to focus more and actually start to figure out what was going on in my life.
<br />
<br />I can't say they're for everyone, but having something to help me focus my thoughts really helped. I also turned to writing and whenever I have a particularly bad day, I will write it out, only replacing myself and the people around me with characters, and I write the ending I want. It seems to help, too.
<br />
<br />Good luck, Cody, and I hope you find your solution soon.

Cojean62

I am not on medicine for depression but last time I went to the doctor they said that I was depressed and it needed to be treated. My mother said that it was a waste of time and money so she has not put me on them. I think it is because of the hard times with health and hospital visits that makes us all so depressed. I can not handle the simplest things like the other students in this school can. That is why us CF people need to stay together and help each other through the rough times.

Cojean62

I am not on medicine for depression but last time I went to the doctor they said that I was depressed and it needed to be treated. My mother said that it was a waste of time and money so she has not put me on them. I think it is because of the hard times with health and hospital visits that makes us all so depressed. I can not handle the simplest things like the other students in this school can. That is why us CF people need to stay together and help each other through the rough times.