cf centers in washington

detroitislove

does anyone go to the cf center at deaconess in spokane?
i am consider a move there, and want to know if it's a good center.

specifically i'm curious about info on individual doctors, what the hospital rooms are like (is there internet possibilities if i bring my laptop?), are you stuck in your room or do you have to wear a mask to leave?

if not...recomendations for centers in seattle?

thanks so much!

detroitislove

specifically i'm curious about info on individual doctors, what the hospital rooms are like (is there internet possibilities if i bring my laptop?), are you stuck in your room or do you have to wear a mask to leave?

thanks so much!

detroitislove

thanks so much!

detroitislove

thanks so much!

detroitislove

thanks so much!

Transplantmommy

I can't really tell you about the hospitals out there because I live in NY but here is what I can tell you. I went out to Bremerton/Seattle area for vacation about two weeks ago. I had a transplant at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio about a year and a half ago. I talked to my transplant doc about going out there and she was exstatic that I was taking a vacation there because she is "tight" with a few of the doctors there and said that I would be in good hands if I went to the hospital in Seattle. That's all I know, but I don't know from experience. I can tell you that I really trust my doctor when she tells me something like that though.

Transplantmommy

I can't really tell you about the hospitals out there because I live in NY but here is what I can tell you. I went out to Bremerton/Seattle area for vacation about two weeks ago. I had a transplant at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio about a year and a half ago. I talked to my transplant doc about going out there and she was exstatic that I was taking a vacation there because she is "tight" with a few of the doctors there and said that I would be in good hands if I went to the hospital in Seattle. That's all I know, but I don't know from experience. I can tell you that I really trust my doctor when she tells me something like that though.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

thefrogprincess

I don't know about Spokane but I LOVE Seattle! I go the the University of Washington Medical Center. There are 3 attendings there. Dr. Mark Tonnelli (sp?), Dr. Moira Aitken (I see her the most, she's great!), and Dr. Chris Goss (I see him once in a while as he also works at Children's). I always see one of the attendings, almost never a fellow or if I do see a fellow I see the attending later.

The staff there rarely changes. A few nurses have come and gone but I have had the same RT the whole time I've been there, Louis, he's great as well. Overall I am very happy with my care.

I have never been in-patient there, I do home IVs, but brother (also with CF) has. You get your own room with a bathroom, so no sharing anything. The rooms are decent sized as well. You don't feel crammed in with all your stuff and visitors etc. I'm not sure about the internet but it would suprise me if that was NOT available to you. He has always been free to come and go as he pleased. As far as the mask goes I don't know if its required, but in my opinion I think its just a good idea. Hospitals are discusting places.

Well if there is anything else you want to know feel free to PM me!.

Jess

thefrogprincess

I don't know about Spokane but I LOVE Seattle! I go the the University of Washington Medical Center. There are 3 attendings there. Dr. Mark Tonnelli (sp?), Dr. Moira Aitken (I see her the most, she's great!), and Dr. Chris Goss (I see him once in a while as he also works at Children's). I always see one of the attendings, almost never a fellow or if I do see a fellow I see the attending later.

The staff there rarely changes. A few nurses have come and gone but I have had the same RT the whole time I've been there, Louis, he's great as well. Overall I am very happy with my care.

I have never been in-patient there, I do home IVs, but brother (also with CF) has. You get your own room with a bathroom, so no sharing anything. The rooms are decent sized as well. You don't feel crammed in with all your stuff and visitors etc. I'm not sure about the internet but it would suprise me if that was NOT available to you. He has always been free to come and go as he pleased. As far as the mask goes I don't know if its required, but in my opinion I think its just a good idea. Hospitals are discusting places.

Jess

thefrogprincess

Jess

thefrogprincess

Jess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />The staff there rarely changes. A few nurses have come and gone but I have had the same RT the whole time I've been there, Louis, he's great as well. Overall I am very happy with my care.
<br />
<br />I have never been in-patient there, I do home IVs, but brother (also with CF) has. You get your own room with a bathroom, so no sharing anything. The rooms are decent sized as well. You don't feel crammed in with all your stuff and visitors etc. I'm not sure about the internet but it would suprise me if that was NOT available to you. He has always been free to come and go as he pleased. As far as the mask goes I don't know if its required, but in my opinion I think its just a good idea. Hospitals are discusting places.
<br />
<br />Well if there is anything else you want to know feel free to PM me!.
<br />
<br />Jess

blondelawyer

We go to Seattle too. Inpatient is fine (like Jessi said, no room sharing). They do have internet access (not wireless though--you just bring a cable). We are not that crazy about the CF center, but some people do have good experiences there. If you want specifics go ahead and PM me.

I have never been to the Spokane center, but I have lived in Eastern Washington, so I know about the climate, etc., if you have questions about that. Seattle and Spokane are very different in my opinion.

blondelawyer

We go to Seattle too. Inpatient is fine (like Jessi said, no room sharing). They do have internet access (not wireless though--you just bring a cable). We are not that crazy about the CF center, but some people do have good experiences there. If you want specifics go ahead and PM me.

I have never been to the Spokane center, but I have lived in Eastern Washington, so I know about the climate, etc., if you have questions about that. Seattle and Spokane are very different in my opinion.

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

<br />
<br />I have never been to the Spokane center, but I have lived in Eastern Washington, so I know about the climate, etc., if you have questions about that. Seattle and Spokane are very different in my opinion.