CF Depression and Anti Depressant Survey

RadChevy

I wanted to let everyone know that I will have the results of the survey I did on CF, Depression and Anti Depressants recently.The reason for this email is that, I will attempt to list the results here at the site, but not sure it is possible. 6 people replied to this survey from this site, and 20 more people responded from another CF site.I do not have your individual email addresses of those that participated. IF THOSE THAT PARTICIPATED or those who did not participate, want the results, you can email me with your email address - should I not be able to post it here.My email luckylungsforjo@aol.comJoanne Schum

anonymous

hi im kelly im 20 year old with two children ,one of my children have cf shes only 7 months old and hard to cope with all her medicines.She fights me not to have her creon it takes 2/3 atemps to get it down her.im fustrated,hurt,and angry at the way my child is i want these feelings to go away.i dont want to tell the cf team about the way i feel they might think i dont care for her. i love her so much and shes allways with my mom.from been born shes been through alot .she was only 1 day old when she was took to thearte for a bowel opperation after that she was put on to the life support machine and many other wires.She was there for two weeks then she came off the life support machine.from then she was in hospital for four months.i had a section with my baby it was terrible,then i was rushed down for kidney failyer.i never seen my baby for a full week.she had to go and live with my mam for 2 months because i had tubes in my back for 4 months i struggeled so much to look after my baby girl and my little boy for 2 months still now i cant believe how i cope.i so depressed i dont think im gone to get better.<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="mailto:nobody@nowhere.com">Text</a>

anonymous

Hi Kelly, Hang in there. I know it cant be easy, but things will change for you. Keep a positive attitude and never think the doctors and nurses wont think you love your baby. I am sure they know how frustrating it can be . You have been thru a lot and you will get thru this as well. If you need to talk or just vent you can email me @ jinxnick@aol.com anytime. Take care of yourself and stay strong, you will get thru this........... ~ Diane

RadChevy

Kelly, You have quite a bit of responsibility to take on. I am not a parent of a CFer, but years of watching my parents and parents of other CF children, I know there are times that are more stressful than others.Why don't you talk to a social worker, either at the CF center hospital, or contact one that is not associated with the CF center. Your fear of letting the CF team know about your feelings is understandable, but I bet you are not the first parent to have those feelings. But do try to get some help. A social worker might help with some new coping skills, asking for help, resources of agencies that help parents with chronic illness. Maybe attending some type of Mom and Baby exercise classes might be nice. To get your 7 month old out of the "sick" atmosphere and for you to see that she is a person who can do many things, considering she is 7 months old!! LOLYou might want to ask about anti depressants for yourself. When life is overwhelming as it appears to be for you, you sometimes need some help, medicine wise and most likely temporary. Do you work or go to school? See if there are other moms that might want to gather for a morning mom and baby time. Time to appreciate your baby and get together with other moms and see what they do to cope. You might want to see if there are any daycares or YMCA's that have day care programs, so that you and baby can get out of the house. Volunteer to help at the daycare and maybe in return you get some free day care time. Ask around.You have a wonderful future ahead of you with both your children, and you need some time to yourself as well to keep that person whole and healthy. So take care of yourself as well.Please feel free to email me luckylungsforjo@aol.comJoanne Schum