CF Facts...

krisgabes

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been on hiatus for the past few months, but I'm back! Anyway...

My cousin is organizing a fundraiser to raise awareness about CF. She works for a dance company with kids and she's organized a recital in which the proceeds will go to the CF Foundation. She's asked me to compile a list of the most important 10 Facts about CF. One fact will be read between each dance routine. So here is my proposition for everyone...

If you wanted to educate people on CF what would you all consider the most important? Hey, we're the best lot to answer this question, right?

Thank you ALL for your responses ahead of time! For anyone who wants to know more about the recital, please feel free to PM me! I will have more details in the coming days!

krisgabes

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been on hiatus for the past few months, but I'm back! Anyway...

My cousin is organizing a fundraiser to raise awareness about CF. She works for a dance company with kids and she's organized a recital in which the proceeds will go to the CF Foundation. She's asked me to compile a list of the most important 10 Facts about CF. One fact will be read between each dance routine. So here is my proposition for everyone...

If you wanted to educate people on CF what would you all consider the most important? Hey, we're the best lot to answer this question, right?

Thank you ALL for your responses ahead of time! For anyone who wants to know more about the recital, please feel free to PM me! I will have more details in the coming days!

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes

<br />
<br />My cousin is organizing a fundraiser to raise awareness about CF. She works for a dance company with kids and she's organized a recital in which the proceeds will go to the CF Foundation. She's asked me to compile a list of the most important 10 Facts about CF. One fact will be read between each dance routine. So here is my proposition for everyone...
<br />
<br />If you wanted to educate people on CF what would you all consider the most important? Hey, we're the best lot to answer this question, right?
<br />
<br />Thank you ALL for your responses ahead of time! For anyone who wants to know more about the recital, please feel free to PM me! I will have more details in the coming days!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>julie</b></i>

1 in 4 people are carriers of this genetic disease</end quote></div>

IMHO this really hits home because when you have a room full of people & 25% of them could potentially be carriers.....that seems more significant then 30,000 Americans having CF compared to how many people live in the USA

Another:

When having 2 parents that are known carriers....with each pregnancy there is a 25% of the child having CF, 50% chance of the child just being a carrier & 25% chance of the child getting nothing.

80% of CF diagnosis have no known family history

JazzysMom

IMHO this really hits home because when you have a room full of people & 25% of them could potentially be carriers.....that seems more significant then 30,000 Americans having CF compared to how many people live in the USA

Another:

When having 2 parents that are known carriers....with each pregnancy there is a 25% of the child having CF, 50% chance of the child just being a carrier & 25% chance of the child getting nothing.

JazzysMom

Another:

JazzysMom

1 in 4 people are carriers of this genetic disease</end quote>

Another:

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />1 in 4 people are carriers of this genetic disease</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />IMHO this really hits home because when you have a room full of people & 25% of them could potentially be carriers.....that seems more significant then 30,000 Americans having CF compared to how many people live in the USA
<br />
<br />Another:
<br />
<br />When having 2 parents that are known carriers....with each pregnancy there is a 25% of the child having CF, 50% chance of the child just being a carrier & 25% chance of the child getting nothing.
<br />
<br />80% of CF diagnosis have no known family history
<br />