cf is merciful

ihatecf

CF vs Disability:I was thinking that despite all the harshness and cruelty cf has got, cf as a disabling disease is merciful. If you look at other people with disabilities ( crippled,deaf,blind,...), they will remain disabled for the rest of their lives which could be long. On the other hand, when cf becomes disabling ( very low fevs) it is merciful, because it is a temporary step before death. It doesnt last long ( year or maximum five not more) so we dont have to endure much. Thats a bless.

CF vs deadly Cancer: CF is also more merciful. In cancer you could be leading a prosperous life and then out of a sudden you crash. In CF, you know you are crashing from the begining so no surprises or regrets. You are prepared.

CF vs HIV: At least CF is not contagious and I dont have to worry abt transmitting it during intercourse.

ihatecf

CF vs Disability:I was thinking that despite all the harshness and cruelty cf has got, cf as a disabling disease is merciful. If you look at other people with disabilities ( crippled,deaf,blind,...), they will remain disabled for the rest of their lives which could be long. On the other hand, when cf becomes disabling ( very low fevs) it is merciful, because it is a temporary step before death. It doesnt last long ( year or maximum five not more) so we dont have to endure much. Thats a bless.

CF vs deadly Cancer: CF is also more merciful. In cancer you could be leading a prosperous life and then out of a sudden you crash. In CF, you know you are crashing from the begining so no surprises or regrets. You are prepared.

CF vs HIV: At least CF is not contagious and I dont have to worry abt transmitting it during intercourse.

ihatecf

2perfectboys

1. I think being deaf or blind would be better than CF. U can learn to sign or read brail and have a normal life. I'd bet if u asked any love one of someone that has died of CF they would tell u it is not merciful.

2. Alot of cancer is curable, CF is not.

3. No but u can transmit a lot of other things or get them yourself, Hepititis?

2perfectboys

1. I think being deaf or blind would be better than CF. U can learn to sign or read brail and have a normal life. I'd bet if u asked any love one of someone that has died of CF they would tell u it is not merciful.

2perfectboys

relat

well,i dont have cf but seeing my brother suffering from cf,i would say its is worse than other disabilities because you dont know what to expect from cf,it affects a lot organs.Going up and down psychologically doesnt help with adjustment with cf,instead,other disabilities focus on one thing and it helps with adjustment.

2perfectboys,what you mean about 3.transmitting hepatitis?can cfers pick up hepatitis?

relat,27,having brother w/cf,26.

relat

well,i dont have cf but seeing my brother suffering from cf,i would say its is worse than other disabilities because you dont know what to expect from cf,it affects a lot organs.Going up and down psychologically doesnt help with adjustment with cf,instead,other disabilities focus on one thing and it helps with adjustment.

2perfectboys,what you mean about 3.transmitting hepatitis?can cfers pick up hepatitis?

relat

tapia

I can say I agree with ihatecf's original post...

I have CF and I hate it...but it could be worse. Not everyones CF is the same but we do have our good days. I would twenty times rather have CF than be blind. I have a daughter and just seeing her brings a smile to my face which makes me want to take care of myself.

Wether you have CF or not you will eventually come across some disease in your life (of course at a much older age or not because cancer and diabetes hit at any age).

But I am glad to see someone actually can see a bright side to this...You know what? Yes it hurts to see someone you love die but that person because they knew there time was limited always makes the best of any situation. I think we enjoy everything a bit more and we make more time for our family because of that.

Just my opinion and i know there will be many that disagree with me.

tapia

I have CF and I hate it...but it could be worse. Not everyones CF is the same but we do have our good days. I would twenty times rather have CF than be blind. I have a daughter and just seeing her brings a smile to my face which makes me want to take care of myself.

Wether you have CF or not you will eventually come across some disease in your life (of course at a much older age or not because cancer and diabetes hit at any age).

But I am glad to see someone actually can see a bright side to this...You know what? Yes it hurts to see someone you love die but that person because they knew there time was limited always makes the best of any situation. I think we enjoy everything a bit more and we make more time for our family because of that.

tapia

JazzysMom

I dont think you can compare CF to these other disabilities. They are different in so many levels. Yes blindness & deafness are permanent with longevity thrown in. BUT their quality of life doesnt diminish over time. IN fact they often learn to adapt better with time and find the thing in life that clicks for them. Cancer has its own demons and I have to say loooking at the whole pic that CF can be more merciful in the early stages. As comparing to hiv or other transmitted disease....we have our own way of transmitting things among each other. So even tho we cant infect the general population with PA or Cepacia, we also cant obtain in person support from each other without the risk of cross contamination. Every illness has pros/cons if you want to look at it that way. I suppose it depends on whats important to you. Although I adore my music, I would give up my hearing to breath perfectly for the rest of my life.......I would however question losing my sight and never seeing my beautiful daughter!

JazzysMom

I dont think you can compare CF to these other disabilities. They are different in so many levels. Yes blindness & deafness are permanent with longevity thrown in. BUT their quality of life doesnt diminish over time. IN fact they often learn to adapt better with time and find the thing in life that clicks for them. Cancer has its own demons and I have to say loooking at the whole pic that CF can be more merciful in the early stages. As comparing to hiv or other transmitted disease....we have our own way of transmitting things among each other. So even tho we cant infect the general population with PA or Cepacia, we also cant obtain in person support from each other without the risk of cross contamination. Every illness has pros/cons if you want to look at it that way. I suppose it depends on whats important to you. Although I adore my music, I would give up my hearing to breath perfectly for the rest of my life.......I would however question losing my sight and never seeing my beautiful daughter!

JazzysMom

damiensmom

I like to look at the glass as half full instead of empty. I see your point ihatecf. I have a young one with cf and in the future the quality of life will be better than the last generation. I am also gratefull that my son can see the wonders of the world and here my voice and the ocean ect.... As he gets older he may feel as Melissa does.

damiensmom

I like to look at the glass as half full instead of empty. I see your point ihatecf. I have a young one with cf and in the future the quality of life will be better than the last generation. I am also gratefull that my son can see the wonders of the world and here my voice and the ocean ect.... As he gets older he may feel as Melissa does.

damiensmom

beleache

I think not having your health, for any reason sucks, no matter what...but i do see what you mean about knowing what you have and being able to make the most of your life... my sister also had c/f, it did a number on her for many years, but it was breast cancer that ended her life... by the way, i know that we can give each other certain bugs, but say can my husband give my these bugs when we have sex? Iv'e been wondering that for awhile now.....thanks for any info .... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f

beleache

I think not having your health, for any reason sucks, no matter what...but i do see what you mean about knowing what you have and being able to make the most of your life... my sister also had c/f, it did a number on her for many years, but it was breast cancer that ended her life... by the way, i know that we can give each other certain bugs, but say can my husband give my these bugs when we have sex? Iv'e been wondering that for awhile now.....thanks for any info .... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f