CF Male's fertialty issues Please Help!!

mikorankin

For any CF male curious about fathering children in the future....there is hope with surgery. An outpatient procedure of testicular mapping will allow a trained urologist to remove ample sperm from the testes under local anesthesia, sufficient for in vitro fertlization. There would need to be hormone test and a testicular physical exam first so that the urologist feels confident that they will be able to retrieve sperm during surgery. After that, have plenty of ice on hand for recovery. I've done it twice and our in vitro was successful with both retrievals. The recovery was not fun (we lost power 3 days after surgery due to a hurricane, so no more frozen peas) but it was worth it. I believe most large metropolitan area uros could perform the 15 minute surgery, but I would advise anyone interested to back into the sequence by starting with your fertility center first. They would know of the most capable uros in their area.

mikorankin

For any CF male curious about fathering children in the future....there is hope with surgery. An outpatient procedure of testicular mapping will allow a trained urologist to remove ample sperm from the testes under local anesthesia, sufficient for in vitro fertlization. There would need to be hormone test and a testicular physical exam first so that the urologist feels confident that they will be able to retrieve sperm during surgery. After that, have plenty of ice on hand for recovery. I've done it twice and our in vitro was successful with both retrievals. The recovery was not fun (we lost power 3 days after surgery due to a hurricane, so no more frozen peas) but it was worth it. I believe most large metropolitan area uros could perform the 15 minute surgery, but I would advise anyone interested to back into the sequence by starting with your fertility center first. They would know of the most capable uros in their area.

mikorankin

mikorankin

mikorankin

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Landy</b></i>

UsualSuspect=SD?

...just askin'</end quote></div>

I think I know who you're referring to..

..As for the pregnacy question...your brother could be tested for fertility, since I'm sensing the suggestion whether the child is his or not.

Just my opinion to clear the air and be a bit more direct, rather than seeing everyone go round-about with what they wanna say.

Personally, if he's happy to be a father (and he's among the 2%)...more power to him.

65rosessamurai

UsualSuspect=SD?

..As for the pregnacy question...your brother could be tested for fertility, since I'm sensing the suggestion whether the child is his or not.

Just my opinion to clear the air and be a bit more direct, rather than seeing everyone go round-about with what they wanna say.

Personally, if he's happy to be a father (and he's among the 2%)...more power to him.

65rosessamurai

UsualSuspect=SD?

65rosessamurai

UsualSuspect=SD?

...just askin'</end quote>

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />UsualSuspect=SD?
<br />
<br />...just askin'</end quote>
<br />
<br />I think I know who you're referring to..
<br />
<br />..As for the pregnacy question...your brother could be tested for fertility, since I'm sensing the suggestion whether the child is his or not.
<br />
<br />Just my opinion to clear the air and be a bit more direct, rather than seeing everyone go round-about with what they wanna say.
<br />
<br />Personally, if he's happy to be a father (and he's among the 2%)...more power to him.
<br />

kdmr1220

I am a 38 year old male with 2 boys that are mine. I was tested twice and they told me I was unable to have children. After alot of love making we have loving children. My wife got tested for cf right after we found out. She did not have the cf gene so we didnt worry about the boys having cf. They will have to be tested when they get older to see if they are carriers or not.

kdmr1220

I am a 38 year old male with 2 boys that are mine. I was tested twice and they told me I was unable to have children. After alot of love making we have loving children. My wife got tested for cf right after we found out. She did not have the cf gene so we didnt worry about the boys having cf. They will have to be tested when they get older to see if they are carriers or not.

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

kdmr1220