CF + Pill = safe?

ElvisJr

My gf and I have sex without condoms ( we are both STD safe), she is on the pill but I always pull out. My question is, Is it possible, for her to get pregnant if I were to "finish" inside of her?
Our logic is: the pill is 99.9% effective, and having CF already makes pregnancy almost impossible without certain treatments...

ElvisJr

My gf and I have sex without condoms ( we are both STD safe), she is on the pill but I always pull out. My question is, Is it possible, for her to get pregnant if I were to "finish" inside of her?
Our logic is: the pill is 99.9% effective, and having CF already makes pregnancy almost impossible without certain treatments...

ElvisJr

<br />Our logic is: the pill is 99.9% effective, and having CF already makes pregnancy almost impossible without certain treatments...

oatmeal28

I have been on the pill for over 7 years and my fiancee never pulled out and we have never had a scare or anything. It's 99.9% effective if taken correctly. However, I read the instructions on any medications I am taking as certain antibiotics effect the pill's effectiveness. If she is on meds that do this and they are long term maybe think about switching birth control? or continue to do what you are doing, I think it depends on the person on how difficult conceiving is...I am new to this since I was diagnosed less than a year ago, but I am sure there are many women on here that have conceived naturally so don't let that be a reason to not be as careful with your methods. hope this helps!

oatmeal28

I have been on the pill for over 7 years and my fiancee never pulled out and we have never had a scare or anything. It's 99.9% effective if taken correctly. However, I read the instructions on any medications I am taking as certain antibiotics effect the pill's effectiveness. If she is on meds that do this and they are long term maybe think about switching birth control? or continue to do what you are doing, I think it depends on the person on how difficult conceiving is...I am new to this since I was diagnosed less than a year ago, but I am sure there are many women on here that have conceived naturally so don't let that be a reason to not be as careful with your methods. hope this helps!

oatmeal28

EmilysMomma

The only time you should be careful is when she is on abx, then you might want either use a condom during that time or make sure you do pull out, otherwise I would feel safe with the pill. I was off the pill 4 years and didn't use any kind of method with my then fiance not even pulling out, I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I was at the point that I was ready if it happened. After 4 years of no protection at all I discovered I was pregnant a month after we were married, totally unplanned. After I had my daughter I got my tubes tied because another pregnancy would have been too hard on my body and I didn't want to take the pill,

EmilysMomma

The only time you should be careful is when she is on abx, then you might want either use a condom during that time or make sure you do pull out, otherwise I would feel safe with the pill. I was off the pill 4 years and didn't use any kind of method with my then fiance not even pulling out, I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I was at the point that I was ready if it happened. After 4 years of no protection at all I discovered I was pregnant a month after we were married, totally unplanned. After I had my daughter I got my tubes tied because another pregnancy would have been too hard on my body and I didn't want to take the pill,

EmilysMomma

serendipity730

Ditto to what Laura said. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant as of January, but haven't used any BC since Sept. I would, however, caution making the assumption that woman with CF can'tget pregnant w/o intervention. While many women have reduced fertility, not all do, so you don't want to bet on it.

serendipity730

Ditto to what Laura said. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant as of January, but haven't used any BC since Sept. I would, however, caution making the assumption that woman with CF can'tget pregnant w/o intervention. While many women have reduced fertility, not all do, so you don't want to bet on it.

serendipity730

LouLou

I also agree that you probably don't need to couple it with pulling out. I was on bc pill for 9 years with no pregnancies. Then I went off of it for 6 months and did naturallly family planning to avoid pregnancy and then switched to trying on month 7 and got pregnant! I was 28 when I conceived.

LouLou

I also agree that you probably don't need to couple it with pulling out. I was on bc pill for 9 years with no pregnancies. Then I went off of it for 6 months and did naturallly family planning to avoid pregnancy and then switched to trying on month 7 and got pregnant! I was 28 when I conceived.

LouLou

mamaScarlett

Just fyi, do not rely on the pull out method to avoid pregnancy. Its not safe, if you're that concerned with getting pregnant.
The only time the effectiveness of the pill is an issue is if she's on certain antibiotics, like others said. Not all antibiotics affect the pill, but some do and she'll have to ask the doc to find out if one she's taking for her cf will be an issue for you guys. During the time she takes the antibiotic, plus a cycle after you'll have to use condoms to safely avoid pregnancy.

mamaScarlett

Just fyi, do not rely on the pull out method to avoid pregnancy. Its not safe, if you're that concerned with getting pregnant.
The only time the effectiveness of the pill is an issue is if she's on certain antibiotics, like others said. Not all antibiotics affect the pill, but some do and she'll have to ask the doc to find out if one she's taking for her cf will be an issue for you guys. During the time she takes the antibiotic, plus a cycle after you'll have to use condoms to safely avoid pregnancy.