CF Salt and Metals

65rosessamurai

I've had leather watch bands that either broke after they turned so white from salt, or they became my dog's new chew-toy!

A lot of Iaido Swords are wrapped with leather on the handle, I won't even try to get a Sword with leather on it...I'd rather stay with the cloth type I'm using now..it may turn white, but it won't break so easily and if I have to get it replaced, it'll cost less than if it were leather.

Oh, I had forgotten to add the White Gold...One of my wedding rings had white and yellow 18k gold in it, neither of them rusted in the short time I wore the ring.

65rosessamurai

I've had leather watch bands that either broke after they turned so white from salt, or they became my dog's new chew-toy!

A lot of Iaido Swords are wrapped with leather on the handle, I won't even try to get a Sword with leather on it...I'd rather stay with the cloth type I'm using now..it may turn white, but it won't break so easily and if I have to get it replaced, it'll cost less than if it were leather.

Oh, I had forgotten to add the White Gold...One of my wedding rings had white and yellow 18k gold in it, neither of them rusted in the short time I wore the ring.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />A lot of Iaido Swords are wrapped with leather on the handle, I won't even try to get a Sword with leather on it...I'd rather stay with the cloth type I'm using now..it may turn white, but it won't break so easily and if I have to get it replaced, it'll cost less than if it were leather.
<br />
<br />Oh, I had forgotten to add the White Gold...One of my wedding rings had white and yellow 18k gold in it, neither of them rusted in the short time I wore the ring.

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jana</b></i>

Did you all ever try coating things with clear nail polish? It works well for me on watches, rings, and anything else that won't be harmed by it. The nail polish has to be reapplied periodically, but it definitely helps.</end quote></div>

Good idea, but I would highly suggest not to coat any connectors with the nail polish- it'll make a poor connection or no connection at all, perhaps gumming up the connector. Also, any moving parts shouldn't be coated with nail polish, either...they'll freeze up.

65rosessamurai

Did you all ever try coating things with clear nail polish? It works well for me on watches, rings, and anything else that won't be harmed by it. The nail polish has to be reapplied periodically, but it definitely helps.</end quote></div>

Good idea, but I would highly suggest not to coat any connectors with the nail polish- it'll make a poor connection or no connection at all, perhaps gumming up the connector. Also, any moving parts shouldn't be coated with nail polish, either...they'll freeze up.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

Did you all ever try coating things with clear nail polish? It works well for me on watches, rings, and anything else that won't be harmed by it. The nail polish has to be reapplied periodically, but it definitely helps.</end quote>

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />Did you all ever try coating things with clear nail polish? It works well for me on watches, rings, and anything else that won't be harmed by it. The nail polish has to be reapplied periodically, but it definitely helps.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Good idea, but I would highly suggest not to coat any connectors with the nail polish- it'll make a poor connection or no connection at all, perhaps gumming up the connector. Also, any moving parts shouldn't be coated with nail polish, either...they'll freeze up.
<br />
<br />