CFers That Workout

Faust

I lift. Have been lifting for overall a long time now. I do 3 sets of 10 until it becomes trivial and then I add weight. I am 5'11 and weigh 200 lbs. My last "max" on bench was 405 lbs. I posted a thread on here with a pic of me doing it a little while ago. I do 200 lb flies as well, and 110 lb preacher curls, and a hefty roman chair/tricep bench. I gave up meat, and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit, whole grain breads, beans, nut butters (peanut butter is awesome), egg white omelettes, some cheese in my meals, pasta, tofu, soy, and veggie based protein "meats". A bunch of my body fat went away, and my lean muscle mass went up.

The only supplements I take are for general health, and eliminating my CF symptoms, so nothing for body building. I get more benefit muscle wise from doing 3 sets of 10 till failure, then adding weight when it's trivial, then I do the classical low reps much heavier weight process. I guess i'm doing something right, because i'm very strong, look great, and most importantly, feel amazing.

Meat is a big culprit in body inflammation, and that for CF patients is not good. When I gave up meat and switched to a plant based healthy diet, my lung secretions drastically reduced, became thinner, and overall much better lung health. With proper information and some supplementation, you can get everything you need and more from a plant based diet. This is especially so now with our food supply so utterly polluted with hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, nitrates, additives, and who knows what else.

Faust

I lift. Have been lifting for overall a long time now. I do 3 sets of 10 until it becomes trivial and then I add weight. I am 5'11 and weigh 200 lbs. My last "max" on bench was 405 lbs. I posted a thread on here with a pic of me doing it a little while ago. I do 200 lb flies as well, and 110 lb preacher curls, and a hefty roman chair/tricep bench. I gave up meat, and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit, whole grain breads, beans, nut butters (peanut butter is awesome), egg white omelettes, some cheese in my meals, pasta, tofu, soy, and veggie based protein "meats". A bunch of my body fat went away, and my lean muscle mass went up.

The only supplements I take are for general health, and eliminating my CF symptoms, so nothing for body building. I get more benefit muscle wise from doing 3 sets of 10 till failure, then adding weight when it's trivial, then I do the classical low reps much heavier weight process. I guess i'm doing something right, because i'm very strong, look great, and most importantly, feel amazing.

Meat is a big culprit in body inflammation, and that for CF patients is not good. When I gave up meat and switched to a plant based healthy diet, my lung secretions drastically reduced, became thinner, and overall much better lung health. With proper information and some supplementation, you can get everything you need and more from a plant based diet. This is especially so now with our food supply so utterly polluted with hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, nitrates, additives, and who knows what else.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />The only supplements I take are for general health, and eliminating my CF symptoms, so nothing for body building. I get more benefit muscle wise from doing 3 sets of 10 till failure, then adding weight when it's trivial, then I do the classical low reps much heavier weight process. I guess i'm doing something right, because i'm very strong, look great, and most importantly, feel amazing.
<br />
<br />Meat is a big culprit in body inflammation, and that for CF patients is not good. When I gave up meat and switched to a plant based healthy diet, my lung secretions drastically reduced, became thinner, and overall much better lung health. With proper information and some supplementation, you can get everything you need and more from a plant based diet. This is especially so now with our food supply so utterly polluted with hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, nitrates, additives, and who knows what else.
<br />
<br />

cdale613

I work out A LOT, and eat to maintain weight, which for me is hard enough. I weight 140 pounds with roughly 5% body fat. Most of my working out is cardio, but I lift 1-2 times a week, focusing on high reps with little rest (3-4 sets of ten, focusing on different muscle groups each day). With the amount of biking I've been doing, diet has become crucial for my recovery inbetween rides.

As far as eating, I do find that I do best with one whey protien shake a day, on top of three meals and constant snacking. I try to drink the protien shake within thirty minutes of the end of my workouts, as I think it helps my muscles recover faster than if I wait.

I try to eat a balanced diet, with a lot of fresh fruit, veggies, yogurt, nuts, raisins, etc. For protien, I eat a lot of turkey and chicken, and have fish at least 1-2 times a week. I like red meat, but try not to eat it constantly.

The stuff I try very hard to avoid is the pure junk food - any partially hydrogenated cornsyrup (soda, most candy, etc), and alcohol, which I find dries out my chest and makes it harder for me to move crap out.

Chris

m 27 w/CF

cdale613

I work out A LOT, and eat to maintain weight, which for me is hard enough. I weight 140 pounds with roughly 5% body fat. Most of my working out is cardio, but I lift 1-2 times a week, focusing on high reps with little rest (3-4 sets of ten, focusing on different muscle groups each day). With the amount of biking I've been doing, diet has become crucial for my recovery inbetween rides.

As far as eating, I do find that I do best with one whey protien shake a day, on top of three meals and constant snacking. I try to drink the protien shake within thirty minutes of the end of my workouts, as I think it helps my muscles recover faster than if I wait.

I try to eat a balanced diet, with a lot of fresh fruit, veggies, yogurt, nuts, raisins, etc. For protien, I eat a lot of turkey and chicken, and have fish at least 1-2 times a week. I like red meat, but try not to eat it constantly.

The stuff I try very hard to avoid is the pure junk food - any partially hydrogenated cornsyrup (soda, most candy, etc), and alcohol, which I find dries out my chest and makes it harder for me to move crap out.

Chris

m 27 w/CF

cdale613

Chris

m 27 w/CF

cdale613

Chris

m 27 w/CF

cdale613

<br />
<br />As far as eating, I do find that I do best with one whey protien shake a day, on top of three meals and constant snacking. I try to drink the protien shake within thirty minutes of the end of my workouts, as I think it helps my muscles recover faster than if I wait.
<br />
<br />I try to eat a balanced diet, with a lot of fresh fruit, veggies, yogurt, nuts, raisins, etc. For protien, I eat a lot of turkey and chicken, and have fish at least 1-2 times a week. I like red meat, but try not to eat it constantly.
<br />
<br />The stuff I try very hard to avoid is the pure junk food - any partially hydrogenated cornsyrup (soda, most candy, etc), and alcohol, which I find dries out my chest and makes it harder for me to move crap out.
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />m 27 w/CF
<br />

C

cfsucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CFTEAMA</b></i>

I do my tube-feeds when ever I can. that helps allot.</end quote></div>

I've never had a feeding tube. My doctor says I'm not skinny enough, even though I asked if I could get one to see if it would help lol.

C

cfsucks

I've never had a feeding tube. My doctor says I'm not skinny enough, even though I asked if I could get one to see if it would help lol.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

I do my tube-feeds when ever I can. that helps allot.</end quote>

C

cfsucks

<br />
<br />I do my tube-feeds when ever I can. that helps allot.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I've never had a feeding tube. My doctor says I'm not skinny enough, even though I asked if I could get one to see if it would help lol.
<br />
<br />