CFers That Workout

Faust

Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.

Faust

Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

C

cfsucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Faust</b></i>

Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.</end quote></div>

Hey yeah I've tried similar... I'm in Canada and I can get "Boost" for free. I used to drink them religiously, then I get bored of the taste so bad that I can barely drink it in anymore lol.

C

cfsucks

Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.</end quote></div>

Hey yeah I've tried similar... I'm in Canada and I can get "Boost" for free. I used to drink them religiously, then I get bored of the taste so bad that I can barely drink it in anymore lol.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.</end quote>

C

cfsucks

<br />
<br />Look into walgreens or walmart nutrition drinks. They are their version of ensure. It's basically a meal in a can, with complete nutrition, 350 calories, etc. They are cheap too, about 6 bucks for a 6 pack.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Hey yeah I've tried similar... I'm in Canada and I can get "Boost" for free. I used to drink them religiously, then I get bored of the taste so bad that I can barely drink it in anymore lol.

M

Markus

I try and eat about 2 grams of protein per bodyweight and I get in about 4000 cals a day. Now my dietician says I eat completely wrong but then again i think I am the heaviest and have the most lean muscle mass out of everyone in the clinic. Then when I take my supplements I can eat up to 3-4 grams of protein per lean bodyweight. I go back and forth between eating real food to eating shakes. I find if I eat to much real food my body has a hard time breaking it down no matter how many enzymes I take so I eat a real meal then eat a protein shake then real food, and go back and forth like that.

M

Markus

I try and eat about 2 grams of protein per bodyweight and I get in about 4000 cals a day. Now my dietician says I eat completely wrong but then again i think I am the heaviest and have the most lean muscle mass out of everyone in the clinic. Then when I take my supplements I can eat up to 3-4 grams of protein per lean bodyweight. I go back and forth between eating real food to eating shakes. I find if I eat to much real food my body has a hard time breaking it down no matter how many enzymes I take so I eat a real meal then eat a protein shake then real food, and go back and forth like that.

M

Markus

M

Markus

M

Markus

phutton

Great topic!! I can't agree with you more!! A topic in the cf world that needs more attention. As a Fitness Director, certified Personal Trainer, Yoga, Pilates, and Aerobics Instructor I get so mad it is not really address more frequently by doc in clinic.
I agree with most of the previous posts to your question. If you are just getting starting I would recommend circuit training. If you have no desire in CARDIO Skip TO STRENGTH...now! You are basically doing cardio for 30-40 seconds and weight training for 30-40 seconds for 20 minutes...kind of the premise behind curves( not that I endorse CURVES). It does get you comfortable with the equipment. I would do that for 4-6 weeks. If that is not available. I would pick three cardio machines and do ten minutes on each piece. Starting at low intensity and progressing as you feel comfortable. Start with a resistance that is comfortable, but provides a challenge. So you should be able to carry on a conversation or on the scale of 1-10 you want to stay between a 6-8 of how hard you are working. Or you can get a heart rate monitor, too. Each week progress/increase your intensity or time, but do not go too fast with the progression listen to your body you know what works best. OR if the gym is too crowded to rotate to three machines. Pick one and play with the intesnity...the best challenge to the lung is interval, but start slow, the machine will adjust to preset numbers lower as needed.
Strength: Strength training is all about the volume. So whether you are comfortable with set of 3 with 10-12 repetitions or 4 sets of 8. It is a matter of personal preference. Just getting started I would start with sets of 3 for the first four six weeks....machines or free weight. I prefer free weights, but if you are just getting starting there are great benefits to machines to get proper form. The main thing is you train all muscle group starting from largest to smallest: Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, and Abs. Strength Training should be done 2-3 times per week to see strength gains. You can break up your workout how you want, lots of different ways i.e. upper body day, lower body, superset, total body. The biggest thing is you want to overload the muscle.
Nutrition wise...I do 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight similar to another post. My nutritionist pretty much stick to the FDA guidelines. I am a big believer in a balance diet, but higher protein to build muscle. Lots of fish, chicken, cheese, nuts, brown rice and pastas. Another great thing I have found that has lots of protein and fat is Cytosport Muscle Milk. Sounds gross, but tastes GREAT!!! I drink that twice a day, three times if I can..32 grams of protein and 12 grams of fats, 6 saturated. You can get it GNC.
Anyone who has questions or would like a workout designed I would love to help you. Sorry for the long rant. I am really passionate about this. I will soon be launching www.cffitness.com. Bought the name just need to design it.

Pepsi, 31 w/CF

phutton

Great topic!! I can't agree with you more!! A topic in the cf world that needs more attention. As a Fitness Director, certified Personal Trainer, Yoga, Pilates, and Aerobics Instructor I get so mad it is not really address more frequently by doc in clinic.
I agree with most of the previous posts to your question. If you are just getting starting I would recommend circuit training. If you have no desire in CARDIO Skip TO STRENGTH...now! You are basically doing cardio for 30-40 seconds and weight training for 30-40 seconds for 20 minutes...kind of the premise behind curves( not that I endorse CURVES). It does get you comfortable with the equipment. I would do that for 4-6 weeks. If that is not available. I would pick three cardio machines and do ten minutes on each piece. Starting at low intensity and progressing as you feel comfortable. Start with a resistance that is comfortable, but provides a challenge. So you should be able to carry on a conversation or on the scale of 1-10 you want to stay between a 6-8 of how hard you are working. Or you can get a heart rate monitor, too. Each week progress/increase your intensity or time, but do not go too fast with the progression listen to your body you know what works best. OR if the gym is too crowded to rotate to three machines. Pick one and play with the intesnity...the best challenge to the lung is interval, but start slow, the machine will adjust to preset numbers lower as needed.
Strength: Strength training is all about the volume. So whether you are comfortable with set of 3 with 10-12 repetitions or 4 sets of 8. It is a matter of personal preference. Just getting started I would start with sets of 3 for the first four six weeks....machines or free weight. I prefer free weights, but if you are just getting starting there are great benefits to machines to get proper form. The main thing is you train all muscle group starting from largest to smallest: Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, and Abs. Strength Training should be done 2-3 times per week to see strength gains. You can break up your workout how you want, lots of different ways i.e. upper body day, lower body, superset, total body. The biggest thing is you want to overload the muscle.
Nutrition wise...I do 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight similar to another post. My nutritionist pretty much stick to the FDA guidelines. I am a big believer in a balance diet, but higher protein to build muscle. Lots of fish, chicken, cheese, nuts, brown rice and pastas. Another great thing I have found that has lots of protein and fat is Cytosport Muscle Milk. Sounds gross, but tastes GREAT!!! I drink that twice a day, three times if I can..32 grams of protein and 12 grams of fats, 6 saturated. You can get it GNC.
Anyone who has questions or would like a workout designed I would love to help you. Sorry for the long rant. I am really passionate about this. I will soon be launching www.cffitness.com. Bought the name just need to design it.

Pepsi, 31 w/CF

phutton

Pepsi, 31 w/CF

phutton

Pepsi, 31 w/CF

phutton

<br />I agree with most of the previous posts to your question. If you are just getting starting I would recommend circuit training. If you have no desire in CARDIO Skip TO STRENGTH...now! You are basically doing cardio for 30-40 seconds and weight training for 30-40 seconds for 20 minutes...kind of the premise behind curves( not that I endorse CURVES). It does get you comfortable with the equipment. I would do that for 4-6 weeks. If that is not available. I would pick three cardio machines and do ten minutes on each piece. Starting at low intensity and progressing as you feel comfortable. Start with a resistance that is comfortable, but provides a challenge. So you should be able to carry on a conversation or on the scale of 1-10 you want to stay between a 6-8 of how hard you are working. Or you can get a heart rate monitor, too. Each week progress/increase your intensity or time, but do not go too fast with the progression listen to your body you know what works best. OR if the gym is too crowded to rotate to three machines. Pick one and play with the intesnity...the best challenge to the lung is interval, but start slow, the machine will adjust to preset numbers lower as needed.
<br />Strength: Strength training is all about the volume. So whether you are comfortable with set of 3 with 10-12 repetitions or 4 sets of 8. It is a matter of personal preference. Just getting started I would start with sets of 3 for the first four six weeks....machines or free weight. I prefer free weights, but if you are just getting starting there are great benefits to machines to get proper form. The main thing is you train all muscle group starting from largest to smallest: Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, and Abs. Strength Training should be done 2-3 times per week to see strength gains. You can break up your workout how you want, lots of different ways i.e. upper body day, lower body, superset, total body. The biggest thing is you want to overload the muscle.
<br />Nutrition wise...I do 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight similar to another post. My nutritionist pretty much stick to the FDA guidelines. I am a big believer in a balance diet, but higher protein to build muscle. Lots of fish, chicken, cheese, nuts, brown rice and pastas. Another great thing I have found that has lots of protein and fat is Cytosport Muscle Milk. Sounds gross, but tastes GREAT!!! I drink that twice a day, three times if I can..32 grams of protein and 12 grams of fats, 6 saturated. You can get it GNC.
<br />Anyone who has questions or would like a workout designed I would love to help you. Sorry for the long rant. I am really passionate about this. I will soon be launching www.cffitness.com. Bought the name just need to design it.
<br />
<br />Pepsi, 31 w/CF