Childcare and CF

shimmereestar

For now, I've quit my job to stay at home with Ellie. She is four months old. I'm a teacher and would love to go back to work in August. The problem is can I put her in daycare or should I try to find a nanny? Do I try to find a small in home daycare? If I do look for a nanny, what is a reasonable rate? Do I have the nanny come to my house or do I take her to theirs? Do I just try to stay at home? What have you guys done? I'd really like to go back to work but with her being so little and me being a little type A (obviously, I'm thinking about this now and it's only April) I feel like I can't trust her to anyone and nobody knows her like I do. She will be 9 months old when I go back to work, is that too soon for childcare.

shimmereestar

For now, I've quit my job to stay at home with Ellie. She is four months old. I'm a teacher and would love to go back to work in August. The problem is can I put her in daycare or should I try to find a nanny? Do I try to find a small in home daycare? If I do look for a nanny, what is a reasonable rate? Do I have the nanny come to my house or do I take her to theirs? Do I just try to stay at home? What have you guys done? I'd really like to go back to work but with her being so little and me being a little type A (obviously, I'm thinking about this now and it's only April) I feel like I can't trust her to anyone and nobody knows her like I do. She will be 9 months old when I go back to work, is that too soon for childcare.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

GriffinsMama

I'm a jewelry designer by trade and quit after my son was diagnosed. I really couldn't do it and care for him. Nor did I want to do it. So I waited a while and started watching a few other kids. Here in my area, CA Bay Area, you can make fairly decent money babysitting. There are tons of rules and guidelines, I'm not a "daycare", but I still find it worthwhile to stay with him and make sure he's getting his treatments, meds etc. He has kids to play with and I get to cook him healthy foods etc. I plan on doing this until he's old enough for school. Maybe preschool a few hours a day a few days per week next year.

GriffinsMama

I'm a jewelry designer by trade and quit after my son was diagnosed. I really couldn't do it and care for him. Nor did I want to do it. So I waited a while and started watching a few other kids. Here in my area, CA Bay Area, you can make fairly decent money babysitting. There are tons of rules and guidelines, I'm not a "daycare", but I still find it worthwhile to stay with him and make sure he's getting his treatments, meds etc. He has kids to play with and I get to cook him healthy foods etc. I plan on doing this until he's old enough for school. Maybe preschool a few hours a day a few days per week next year.

GriffinsMama

GriffinsMama

GriffinsMama

ann232

hello my daugther is nineteen months old and i wwork by my moms schedule and my husbands so i personally will not put my daughter in day care they way i look at it is you have to becareful now but when they go to daycare then they are exposed to alot of more germs if u know what i mean hire a nanny to come to your house

ann232

hello my daugther is nineteen months old and i wwork by my moms schedule and my husbands so i personally will not put my daughter in day care they way i look at it is you have to becareful now but when they go to daycare then they are exposed to alot of more germs if u know what i mean hire a nanny to come to your house

ann232

ann232

ann232

jaimers

Super Moderator
when i was diganosed my parents were both still working (my mom later quit to stay home with my brother and i, but not until i was in the 3rd grade or so...) and they found an AMAZING woman that had a home daycare where we both stayed until we were old enough to go to kindergarten. she never had more than 6 kids at a time attending her daycare and she was licensed by the state, etc. i'm not a parent so i can't speak from that angle but i remember i loved being at her house and got to be around other kids but not to the same degree as being at a normal daycare center. and with there being less kids she was able to give me more specialized care in terms of my diet (she fixed us breakfast and lunch) and she was able to pay more attention to me if i was extra whezie or coughing more etc. and let my mom know. our family is still close with her and her family 19 years later....

jaimers

Super Moderator
when i was diganosed my parents were both still working (my mom later quit to stay home with my brother and i, but not until i was in the 3rd grade or so...) and they found an AMAZING woman that had a home daycare where we both stayed until we were old enough to go to kindergarten. she never had more than 6 kids at a time attending her daycare and she was licensed by the state, etc. i'm not a parent so i can't speak from that angle but i remember i loved being at her house and got to be around other kids but not to the same degree as being at a normal daycare center. and with there being less kids she was able to give me more specialized care in terms of my diet (she fixed us breakfast and lunch) and she was able to pay more attention to me if i was extra whezie or coughing more etc. and let my mom know. our family is still close with her and her family 19 years later....

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator