choking common is CF babies?

Chilemom

after my DD was dx i think that because all the stress that we were living, sometimes while she was crying she stop breathing, at least for 3 times...it was terrible, i shake her so she came back, and suddenly she relax and start breathing again.
i know is not the same, but at that moment i thought that maybe because her cf she stop breathing, but no, of course not, it was more my sadness, my stress that makes her to do that. Bottom line: not everything is cf, more things have to do with them being kids only.

Chilemom

after my DD was dx i think that because all the stress that we were living, sometimes while she was crying she stop breathing, at least for 3 times...it was terrible, i shake her so she came back, and suddenly she relax and start breathing again.
i know is not the same, but at that moment i thought that maybe because her cf she stop breathing, but no, of course not, it was more my sadness, my stress that makes her to do that. Bottom line: not everything is cf, more things have to do with them being kids only.

Chilemom

Chilemom

Chilemom

<br />i know is not the same, but at that moment i thought that maybe because her cf she stop breathing, but no, of course not, it was more my sadness, my stress that makes her to do that. Bottom line: not everything is cf, more things have to do with them being kids only.

Mummy

thx alot everyone!!
Advice seems helpful.... just read it today!

Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
She had severe pneumonia and was on antibiotics via IV for 8 days.
they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!

Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????
i really need help, as they are working on her on a trial and error basis!!!

--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

Mummy

thx alot everyone!!

Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!

Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????

--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

Mummy

thx alot everyone!!

Mummy

thx alot everyone!!

Mummy

thx alot everyone!!
<br />Advice seems helpful.... just read it today!
<br />
<br />Baby vomitted and choked again. Started gasping and managed to reach her to hospital on time.
<br />She had severe pneumonia and was on antibiotics via IV for 8 days.
<br />they taught me how to suction her lungs and asked me to do it at least 3 times a day!!! Is that normal????? Suctioning, i mean.... does anyone do that???
<br />Was just settling into that routine and she choked again after vomitting..... in ICU again.
<br />The doctors are pushing us to do a tracheostomy........ i cant see any CF people having done that on the net!
<br />
<br />Please can s/one tell me if suctioning is normal?? And is tracheostomy a solution????
<br />i really need help, as they are working on her on a trial and error basis!!!
<br />
<br />--- for her reflux i give her omeprazole... 1/6th of a capsule.... may be i need to increase that???

ashmomo

OMG! I can't believe what is going on! It really sounds like they have NO CF experience! Your poor baby...I hope everything turns out okay.
Is she pooping? Does she still have Pneumonia?
I wish I had more advice, just so much sympathy. Do what you need to do to save your baby. I am tearing up here! Keep us posted!

ashmomo

OMG! I can't believe what is going on! It really sounds like they have NO CF experience! Your poor baby...I hope everything turns out okay.
I wish I had more advice, just so much sympathy. Do what you need to do to save your baby. I am tearing up here! Keep us posted!

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />Is she pooping? Does she still have Pneumonia?
<br />I wish I had more advice, just so much sympathy. Do what you need to do to save your baby. I am tearing up here! Keep us posted!