Christmas gift only a CFer would ask for :-)

Scarlett81

I think its b/c we lose alot more salt in our sweat than the average person.

My aunt always tells me how when I was about 5, when I'd go over to her house, she'd greet me and hug me and I'd just say-m'kay, where's the potato chips?

Still do today!

Scarlett81

I think its b/c we lose alot more salt in our sweat than the average person.

My aunt always tells me how when I was about 5, when I'd go over to her house, she'd greet me and hug me and I'd just say-m'kay, where's the potato chips?

Still do today!

JazzysMom

The original post was adorable. I would say that having CF has made me a bit more practical in my thoughts of asking for gifts. I actually ask for gift certificates for food places & even for my shakes. I dont get them for shakes etc from hubby. He said that is a needed item & I would get it anyway. Others must think I am kidding when I ask, but I am not. My shakes are my life line & they add up!

JazzysMom

The original post was adorable. I would say that having CF has made me a bit more practical in my thoughts of asking for gifts. I actually ask for gift certificates for food places & even for my shakes. I dont get them for shakes etc from hubby. He said that is a needed item & I would get it anyway. Others must think I am kidding when I ask, but I am not. My shakes are my life line & they add up!

JazzysMom

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter loves salt, too. Pickles are a favorite. She is addicted to these lime flavored tortilla chips(unfortunately I love them too). Also A1 steak sauce. She wants it on everything, steak, rice , salmon! She told me she would drink it from the bottle if she could. Most kids like ketchup, not Maggie we always have to request a bottle of A1 and have even brought a small bottle out with us.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter loves salt, too. Pickles are a favorite. She is addicted to these lime flavored tortilla chips(unfortunately I love them too). Also A1 steak sauce. She wants it on everything, steak, rice , salmon! She told me she would drink it from the bottle if she could. Most kids like ketchup, not Maggie we always have to request a bottle of A1 and have even brought a small bottle out with us.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

ktsmom

What a sweet story! Aren't you glad you could make that wish come true for her! I can just see the frantic last-minute trip to the store...........

I wonder if she told her school-friends when they got back from winter break?

As for Katy's salty cravings - she asks for and eats pretzels pretty much non-stop all day long.

Dana
Mom to Katy (3, cf) and Kyra (6, no cf)

ktsmom

What a sweet story! Aren't you glad you could make that wish come true for her! I can just see the frantic last-minute trip to the store...........

As for Katy's salty cravings - she asks for and eats pretzels pretty much non-stop all day long.

Dana

ktsmom

Dana

D

ddawes27

EMILY65...........Thanks.......I will pour the salt on then. He is a little too young to ask for it........but I know the request for McDonalds french fries is his way of saying that he needs salt. I have ben told I have borderline hypertension by my doctor, I am supposed to eat low sodium food and never add salt......I just wasn't aware of how much salt he needs!........He is 4 years old.....should I put a couple of packets or more?

D

ddawes27

EMILY65...........Thanks.......I will pour the salt on then. He is a little too young to ask for it........but I know the request for McDonalds french fries is his way of saying that he needs salt. I have ben told I have borderline hypertension by my doctor, I am supposed to eat low sodium food and never add salt......I just wasn't aware of how much salt he needs!........He is 4 years old.....should I put a couple of packets or more?

D

ddawes27

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I usually take a salt packet and sprinkle half on DS's french fries and the other half on his hamburger. At home sometimes he asks for salt and just licks his hand and we sprinkle it on there. We just salt about everything of his.

The daycare director said early on, she could tell when he needed salt 'cuz he'd try to lick the other kids. Ewww! Usually they give him saltines or pretzel sticks in the summer when he's outside playing.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I usually take a salt packet and sprinkle half on DS's french fries and the other half on his hamburger. At home sometimes he asks for salt and just licks his hand and we sprinkle it on there. We just salt about everything of his.

The daycare director said early on, she could tell when he needed salt 'cuz he'd try to lick the other kids. Ewww! Usually they give him saltines or pretzel sticks in the summer when he's outside playing.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Augustmom0003

I think 90% of what Ethan eats/asks for is a salty food, now that I think about it. For breakfast, this morning, he asked for chips. He asks for chips, french fries, ham, ketchup, more ketchup, sausage biscuits, hashbrowns. Not much of a candy eater (only once in awhile)...but milk and salt he'll eat allllll day! LOL! Funny!

Augustmom0003

I think 90% of what Ethan eats/asks for is a salty food, now that I think about it. For breakfast, this morning, he asked for chips. He asks for chips, french fries, ham, ketchup, more ketchup, sausage biscuits, hashbrowns. Not much of a candy eater (only once in awhile)...but milk and salt he'll eat allllll day! LOL! Funny!

Augustmom0003