Chronic Sinusitus

mamerth

Flushing your sinuses might help. I agree also with Melx-- prop yourself up at night with pillows. I sleep with tons of pillows and it really helps my sinus drainage. Even after multiple surgeries I get some drainage from my sinuses. I have been known to breath in some of my Hypertonic Saline into my nose-- lovely I know. I find it helps some days.

Another thing I do is heat right on the sinuses (cheeks and forehead). I find it helps to drain them better. Also I have my hubby rub my feet and occasionally it will get my sinuses to drain (there are pressure points on your feet related to your sinuses).

mamerth

Flushing your sinuses might help. I agree also with Melx-- prop yourself up at night with pillows. I sleep with tons of pillows and it really helps my sinus drainage. Even after multiple surgeries I get some drainage from my sinuses. I have been known to breath in some of my Hypertonic Saline into my nose-- lovely I know. I find it helps some days.

Another thing I do is heat right on the sinuses (cheeks and forehead). I find it helps to drain them better. Also I have my hubby rub my feet and occasionally it will get my sinuses to drain (there are pressure points on your feet related to your sinuses).

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

<br />
<br />Another thing I do is heat right on the sinuses (cheeks and forehead). I find it helps to drain them better. Also I have my hubby rub my feet and occasionally it will get my sinuses to drain (there are pressure points on your feet related to your sinuses).

kmaried

Hi Tori,

What is in your sinus rinses? Just saline? I do gentamycin sinus rinses when I get an infection -- that seems to help a lot too!

Kris

kmaried

Hi Tori,

What is in your sinus rinses? Just saline? I do gentamycin sinus rinses when I get an infection -- that seems to help a lot too!

Kris

kmaried

Hi Tori,

Kris

kmaried

Hi Tori,

Kris

kmaried

Hi Tori,
<br />
<br />What is in your sinus rinses? Just saline? I do gentamycin sinus rinses when I get an infection -- that seems to help a lot too!
<br />
<br />Kris

M

MCGrad2006

I have been having an awful time as well! It is nice to know that I am not the only one out there.

What I do NOW is neilmed sinus rinse twice a day...with PULMOCORT dissolved in it. I do it first thing when I get up and right before bed. It DEF helps to get stuff out (old crusty sometimes streaks of blood mucus). But then about midday (lunch time) the pain is soooooo severe I cant bend down or will be throbbing in pain. I usually take a motrin or some sort of pain killer around then and then an hour or so later blow another round of green goo from the old sinuses.

What I have done IN THE PAST...which may be something worth looking into..is motrin everyday in very high doses. I know that sounds bad and you dont want to have to do that. But for YEARS (and I mean like from the time of my third surgery at age 14 to my 4th surgery at age 24) I took high doses twice a day and was in a very happy blissful state. I went off of the motrin before my last surgery which was a year and a half ago and have been pretty good since, but this winter have been in a lot of pain. I hope to get some better answers this week at my CF clinic, but my ENT said a month ago that my sinuses looked really good, so who knows whats going on.

Good luck!

M

MCGrad2006

I have been having an awful time as well! It is nice to know that I am not the only one out there.

What I do NOW is neilmed sinus rinse twice a day...with PULMOCORT dissolved in it. I do it first thing when I get up and right before bed. It DEF helps to get stuff out (old crusty sometimes streaks of blood mucus). But then about midday (lunch time) the pain is soooooo severe I cant bend down or will be throbbing in pain. I usually take a motrin or some sort of pain killer around then and then an hour or so later blow another round of green goo from the old sinuses.

What I have done IN THE PAST...which may be something worth looking into..is motrin everyday in very high doses. I know that sounds bad and you dont want to have to do that. But for YEARS (and I mean like from the time of my third surgery at age 14 to my 4th surgery at age 24) I took high doses twice a day and was in a very happy blissful state. I went off of the motrin before my last surgery which was a year and a half ago and have been pretty good since, but this winter have been in a lot of pain. I hope to get some better answers this week at my CF clinic, but my ENT said a month ago that my sinuses looked really good, so who knows whats going on.

Good luck!

M

MCGrad2006

Good luck!

M

MCGrad2006

Good luck!

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />What I do NOW is neilmed sinus rinse twice a day...with PULMOCORT dissolved in it. I do it first thing when I get up and right before bed. It DEF helps to get stuff out (old crusty sometimes streaks of blood mucus). But then about midday (lunch time) the pain is soooooo severe I cant bend down or will be throbbing in pain. I usually take a motrin or some sort of pain killer around then and then an hour or so later blow another round of green goo from the old sinuses.
<br />
<br />What I have done IN THE PAST...which may be something worth looking into..is motrin everyday in very high doses. I know that sounds bad and you dont want to have to do that. But for YEARS (and I mean like from the time of my third surgery at age 14 to my 4th surgery at age 24) I took high doses twice a day and was in a very happy blissful state. I went off of the motrin before my last surgery which was a year and a half ago and have been pretty good since, but this winter have been in a lot of pain. I hope to get some better answers this week at my CF clinic, but my ENT said a month ago that my sinuses looked really good, so who knows whats going on.
<br />
<br />Good luck!

Marjolein

I want to second what everyone else has said.

But also, do you know if your pseudo is sensitive to Tobramycine? Otherwise the Tobi nebs might now work, to keep try keep it under control.
And maybe rinses a higher than 0.9% saline might help?

Marjolein

But also, do you know if your pseudo is sensitive to Tobramycine? Otherwise the Tobi nebs might now work, to keep try keep it under control.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />But also, do you know if your pseudo is sensitive to Tobramycine? Otherwise the Tobi nebs might now work, to keep try keep it under control.
<br />And maybe rinses a higher than 0.9% saline might help?