Cipro Question

Tammy15

My daughter placed on cipro for 2 weeks, it is making her cough up some stuff. She got off IV's about 1 mos ago but I think caught something else. Doctor trying cipro, her coughing spells are hard but productive and nurse says chest sounds clear. Problem is it seems to be upseting her stomach now. Has anyone else had that problem? I am trying to think of some foods that may be easy on her stomach that will not produce a lot of flem., any ideas? we have tried yogurt as she likes that but it seems to irratate stomach.

Tammy15

My daughter placed on cipro for 2 weeks, it is making her cough up some stuff. She got off IV's about 1 mos ago but I think caught something else. Doctor trying cipro, her coughing spells are hard but productive and nurse says chest sounds clear. Problem is it seems to be upseting her stomach now. Has anyone else had that problem? I am trying to think of some foods that may be easy on her stomach that will not produce a lot of flem., any ideas? we have tried yogurt as she likes that but it seems to irratate stomach.

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

liz26ny

I don't know how old your daughter is and if she would be able to take this, but when I was younger and oral meds were making me feel sick to my stomach, my mom would give me Mylanta before each dose and it would coat my stomach and help with the nauseousness. The downside is that Mylanta tastes horrible in my opinion, but it is better than feeling sick all day. I think they have different flavors now also.

liz26ny

I don't know how old your daughter is and if she would be able to take this, but when I was younger and oral meds were making me feel sick to my stomach, my mom would give me Mylanta before each dose and it would coat my stomach and help with the nauseousness. The downside is that Mylanta tastes horrible in my opinion, but it is better than feeling sick all day. I think they have different flavors now also.

liz26ny

liz26ny

liz26ny

mbrandazzo

My son just got off Cipro, He was on for two weeks like your daughter... While he was taking it I didn't notice him coughing more, but he did get a HORRIBLE tummy from it, pooping 4-6 times a day. Now that he has been off for a few days, his tummy seems to be getting back to normal. One thing his nutritionist recommended to help his digestion while on the medicine was yogurt. It really didn't help Logan too much, but maybe it will help your daughter.

mbrandazzo

My son just got off Cipro, He was on for two weeks like your daughter... While he was taking it I didn't notice him coughing more, but he did get a HORRIBLE tummy from it, pooping 4-6 times a day. Now that he has been off for a few days, his tummy seems to be getting back to normal. One thing his nutritionist recommended to help his digestion while on the medicine was yogurt. It really didn't help Logan too much, but maybe it will help your daughter.

mbrandazzo

mbrandazzo

mbrandazzo

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' cough went away with it, thus the reason for being on it to begin with. I don't recall any issues with digestions or stooling; however, I know he really, really despised it because of the tiny little microbeads. Wasn't just the taste but the texture that bugged him. I think he was 4 years old the last time he was on it.

In the past with augmentin, we did push more yogurt and I bought acidophilis (sp) milk. I know some people use probiotics such as culturelle...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' cough went away with it, thus the reason for being on it to begin with. I don't recall any issues with digestions or stooling; however, I know he really, really despised it because of the tiny little microbeads. Wasn't just the taste but the texture that bugged him. I think he was 4 years old the last time he was on it.

In the past with augmentin, we did push more yogurt and I bought acidophilis (sp) milk. I know some people use probiotics such as culturelle...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />In the past with augmentin, we did push more yogurt and I bought acidophilis (sp) milk. I know some people use probiotics such as culturelle...