cipro resistance patterns

jdubbs

So, upon reading the cipro threads, it seems some people have PA that became resistant to oral Cipro over time. I'm curious as to how frequently people were taking it before they became resistant, and if they were taking it in conjunction with any other antibiotics. Thanks in advance.

jdubbs

So, upon reading the cipro threads, it seems some people have PA that became resistant to oral Cipro over time. I'm curious as to how frequently people were taking it before they became resistant, and if they were taking it in conjunction with any other antibiotics. Thanks in advance.

jdubbs

jdubbs

jdubbs

Jeana

I took Cipro for ten years for sinus infections, probably about every two months. When I became resistant is when I began to be hospitalized for lung flareups. Before that, I never had problems with my lungs. My guess is that the Cipro was keeping my lungs under control.

I didn't use other antibiotics at the same time. Now, I have both MRSA and PA, so I use multiple IV antibiotics. Most of the time my bugs are still resistant to Cipro even in conjunction with other antibiotics.

Jeana

I took Cipro for ten years for sinus infections, probably about every two months. When I became resistant is when I began to be hospitalized for lung flareups. Before that, I never had problems with my lungs. My guess is that the Cipro was keeping my lungs under control.

I didn't use other antibiotics at the same time. Now, I have both MRSA and PA, so I use multiple IV antibiotics. Most of the time my bugs are still resistant to Cipro even in conjunction with other antibiotics.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />I didn't use other antibiotics at the same time. Now, I have both MRSA and PA, so I use multiple IV antibiotics. Most of the time my bugs are still resistant to Cipro even in conjunction with other antibiotics.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
This doesn't have anything to do with Cipro, but when DS cultured Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia a couple years ago, it was resistant to Cefta, something that he's never ever been on before.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
This doesn't have anything to do with Cipro, but when DS cultured Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia a couple years ago, it was resistant to Cefta, something that he's never ever been on before.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

tesorotiffa

I don't know if I'm resistant to Cipro, but anytime the doc has put me on it, I have never improved, seen a difference, or anything. I'm assuming I show sensitivity to it for them to continue to try me on it... but we all know how the bugs can be!

tesorotiffa

I don't know if I'm resistant to Cipro, but anytime the doc has put me on it, I have never improved, seen a difference, or anything. I'm assuming I show sensitivity to it for them to continue to try me on it... but we all know how the bugs can be!

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />