Ciprofloxacin

PeterC

Juniper:

Sorry to hear about your problem!! I also get sick on Cipro.

Did they take a culture from you?

I think the best way to see what choices you have in terms of finding the best antibiotics available to treat your bugs is to have a culture taken and test it against all the antibiotic classes.

They should give you a copy of the results so you can see for yourself what your choices are. It is your right to get the copy!! It should only take a few days for the results to come back, so if you can hang in there without taking an antibiotic for a while you should do that.

When you get the results back, ask the doctor to explain what your choices are and ask about the potential side effects from each drug. Doctors are very busy people and they usually will not tell you this information unless you ask.

Be pro active about your care, you will get better results.

I hope this helps!!

Sincerely:

PeterC... 60 years old on September 8Th with CF

PeterC

Juniper:

I think the best way to see what choices you have in terms of finding the best antibiotics available to treat your bugs is to have a culture taken and test it against all the antibiotic classes.

They should give you a copy of the results so you can see for yourself what your choices are. It is your right to get the copy!! It should only take a few days for the results to come back, so if you can hang in there without taking an antibiotic for a while you should do that.

When you get the results back, ask the doctor to explain what your choices are and ask about the potential side effects from each drug. Doctors are very busy people and they usually will not tell you this information unless you ask.

I hope this helps!!

Sincerely:

PeterC

Juniper:

I hope this helps!!

Sincerely:

PeterC

Juniper:

I hope this helps!!

Sincerely:

PeterC

Juniper:
<br />
<br /> Sorry to hear about your problem!! I also get sick on Cipro.
<br />
<br /> Did they take a culture from you?
<br />
<br /> I think the best way to see what choices you have in terms of finding the best antibiotics available to treat your bugs is to have a culture taken and test it against all the antibiotic classes.
<br />
<br /> They should give you a copy of the results so you can see for yourself what your choices are. It is your right to get the copy!! It should only take a few days for the results to come back, so if you can hang in there without taking an antibiotic for a while you should do that.
<br />
<br /> When you get the results back, ask the doctor to explain what your choices are and ask about the potential side effects from each drug. Doctors are very busy people and they usually will not tell you this information unless you ask.
<br />
<br /> Be pro active about your care, you will get better results.
<br />
<br /> I hope this helps!!
<br />
<br /> Sincerely:
<br />
<br /> PeterC... 60 years old on September 8Th with CF

Giggles

Sorry to hear you are not feelig well. I am unable to take Brand name cipro of 750mg, so for awhile now I take the Gernic form of Cipro and 500mg , 3 times a day and I can totally tolerate it. And I am someone who CAN NOT tolerate any oral or IV drugs. Everytime I go into the hospital I am more sick during the treatment with side effects than I was before I went in! So maybe try the generic form of CIpro and 500mg 3 times daily. I am doing it right now actually!

Best Health
Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Sorry to hear you are not feelig well. I am unable to take Brand name cipro of 750mg, so for awhile now I take the Gernic form of Cipro and 500mg , 3 times a day and I can totally tolerate it. And I am someone who CAN NOT tolerate any oral or IV drugs. Everytime I go into the hospital I am more sick during the treatment with side effects than I was before I went in! So maybe try the generic form of CIpro and 500mg 3 times daily. I am doing it right now actually!

Best Health

Giggles

Best Health

Giggles

Best Health

Giggles

<br />
<br />Best Health
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

J

Juniper

Thanks everyone. i'll take it when i eat and see how it goes.

Peter, i can cough up loads at home, as soon as i get to the hospital and do my blows i dry up. Nothing so they got the tiniest bit of the palest green from me today. I'm most productive first thing in the morning and its very dark and thick so i think next time i go to clinic i'll take a sample in with me so they can see how gunky it is.

J

Juniper

Peter, i can cough up loads at home, as soon as i get to the hospital and do my blows i dry up. Nothing so they got the tiniest bit of the palest green from me today. I'm most productive first thing in the morning and its very dark and thick so i think next time i go to clinic i'll take a sample in with me so they can see how gunky it is.

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

<br />
<br />Peter, i can cough up loads at home, as soon as i get to the hospital and do my blows i dry up. Nothing so they got the tiniest bit of the palest green from me today. I'm most productive first thing in the morning and its very dark and thick so i think next time i go to clinic i'll take a sample in with me so they can see how gunky it is.

Scars

dont take any dairy prior to taking Cipro it loses its effectiveness. One hour prior and one hour after.

Scars

dont take any dairy prior to taking Cipro it loses its effectiveness. One hour prior and one hour after.

Scars

Scars

Scars