claimed cure found for cystic fibrosis

rotandroll

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.</end quote></div>

I wonder how effective a cure would be to many adults who have a very advanced stage of disease. It would be wonderful if something is found that can cease the disease process all together, but it's almost unreasonable to expect something to reverse all the damage (lungs, pancreas, liver, kidneys, etc)...

Just my train of thought on this.

rotandroll

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.</end quote></div>

I wonder how effective a cure would be to many adults who have a very advanced stage of disease. It would be wonderful if something is found that can cease the disease process all together, but it's almost unreasonable to expect something to reverse all the damage (lungs, pancreas, liver, kidneys, etc)...

rotandroll

rotandroll

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.</end quote>

rotandroll

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.</end quote>

kayleesgrandma

One quality that most of us here have is that of being REALISTIC, and it comes from hard-earned life experiences. We have all heard of "promising" new discoveries, and they have indeed increased the quality of life for cfrs. But to say that there is a "cure"--it is definitely not happening at this moment.

Blue Turtle--I think it is wrong to give "false hope" to new parents. It is better to do as Emily said--rely on proven methods and medicines--that is the best thing you can do for your child. We can try to be optimistic, but as the losses we have suffered recently prove--(and these people were told that a cure was just around the corner)...that there is no cure yet--we can only hope...and wait.

You won't see me jumping up and down untill I see it in black and white!

kayleesgrandma

One quality that most of us here have is that of being REALISTIC, and it comes from hard-earned life experiences. We have all heard of "promising" new discoveries, and they have indeed increased the quality of life for cfrs. But to say that there is a "cure"--it is definitely not happening at this moment.

Blue Turtle--I think it is wrong to give "false hope" to new parents. It is better to do as Emily said--rely on proven methods and medicines--that is the best thing you can do for your child. We can try to be optimistic, but as the losses we have suffered recently prove--(and these people were told that a cure was just around the corner)...that there is no cure yet--we can only hope...and wait.

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

EnergyGal

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.

If you people have a problem with that, you can ignore me. This is one thing I have every right to be negative about, because for right now... it's a load of horse sh*t. When the FDA starts screwing with something that really has promise, I'm sure we'll hear it from a more reliable source (i.e. docs or CF clinics, CFF, perhaps?) than some guy talking himself up on TV.

.....Not to mention, in my humble opinion, if you're an adult with CF, and you're hanging your hopes on a cure, you're in for a <b>very rude</b> awakening. I say put your hopes in things that make more sense, like things that actually exist. Meds, therapies, food, exercise, maybe a tx, etc.</end quote></div>

I agree with Emily. I do not believe in a "Cure" for any disease. There will be a medication, treatment perhaps but a "cure" I do not believe so. If there was a cure for cf or any other disease, the damage that has been done to the lungs will remain unless there is a treatment to reverse that too. Anything is possible but I try and stay realistic and the only thing that I know that works to keep us healthy is exercise, eating well, avoiding stress, getting proper rest and Living life Large when you are able to. The body needs to be strong no matter what life brings us. The people who take the best care of themselves are the ones to benefit from any of the new possible treatments.

EnergyGal

I don't know about anybody else... whether you're new to CF or you're just optimistic beyond reason... but when you've heard "there's a cure coming" for 17 years, you don't believe it when random people claim to have found one. I'll believe it when it's available.

If you people have a problem with that, you can ignore me. This is one thing I have every right to be negative about, because for right now... it's a load of horse sh*t. When the FDA starts screwing with something that really has promise, I'm sure we'll hear it from a more reliable source (i.e. docs or CF clinics, CFF, perhaps?) than some guy talking himself up on TV.

.....Not to mention, in my humble opinion, if you're an adult with CF, and you're hanging your hopes on a cure, you're in for a <b>very rude</b> awakening. I say put your hopes in things that make more sense, like things that actually exist. Meds, therapies, food, exercise, maybe a tx, etc.</end quote></div>

I agree with Emily. I do not believe in a "Cure" for any disease. There will be a medication, treatment perhaps but a "cure" I do not believe so. If there was a cure for cf or any other disease, the damage that has been done to the lungs will remain unless there is a treatment to reverse that too. Anything is possible but I try and stay realistic and the only thing that I know that works to keep us healthy is exercise, eating well, avoiding stress, getting proper rest and Living life Large when you are able to. The body needs to be strong no matter what life brings us. The people who take the best care of themselves are the ones to benefit from any of the new possible treatments.

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

.....Not to mention, in my humble opinion, if you're an adult with CF, and you're hanging your hopes on a cure, you're in for a <b>very rude</b> awakening. I say put your hopes in things that make more sense, like things that actually exist. Meds, therapies, food, exercise, maybe a tx, etc.</end quote>

EnergyGal

.....Not to mention, in my humble opinion, if you're an adult with CF, and you're hanging your hopes on a cure, you're in for a <b>very rude</b> awakening. I say put your hopes in things that make more sense, like things that actually exist. Meds, therapies, food, exercise, maybe a tx, etc.</end quote>

EnergyGal

I had rolfing several times. It is not that painful. IT does work to realign the facia within the body. For example, if you walk with a pronate or supernate walk, then they can help balance that out with rolfing. You will need to buy new shoes afterward but I believe it is worth it. I just did not like when they went up under the armpit area and around the breast. OUCH!! The lady wanted to do things that were really strange so I did not complete all ten sessions. I decided to continue with acupuncture instead. Rolfing and Soma are similar treatments. I remember a physical therapist in the late seventies inviting me to a lechure on Rolfing. Ida Rolf is the creator but she died many years ago. It is nice to see all of these practicines in existence.

My first session back in early eighties I had red marks on my back for a few weeks. When I had a session after my transplant, I never had those marks. If you want to Try Rolfing go to a qualified practitioner and ask them to take pictures of you before and after of your alignment.

Practicing good posture will probably help you more. Going to the gym, yoga, pilates will probably be better for someone with CF in my opinion.

EnergyGal

I had rolfing several times. It is not that painful. IT does work to realign the facia within the body. For example, if you walk with a pronate or supernate walk, then they can help balance that out with rolfing. You will need to buy new shoes afterward but I believe it is worth it. I just did not like when they went up under the armpit area and around the breast. OUCH!! The lady wanted to do things that were really strange so I did not complete all ten sessions. I decided to continue with acupuncture instead. Rolfing and Soma are similar treatments. I remember a physical therapist in the late seventies inviting me to a lechure on Rolfing. Ida Rolf is the creator but she died many years ago. It is nice to see all of these practicines in existence.

My first session back in early eighties I had red marks on my back for a few weeks. When I had a session after my transplant, I never had those marks. If you want to Try Rolfing go to a qualified practitioner and ask them to take pictures of you before and after of your alignment.

Practicing good posture will probably help you more. Going to the gym, yoga, pilates will probably be better for someone with CF in my opinion.

EnergyGal

EnergyGal

EnergyGal