Clinical Trials...

letsrockcfem

Here's a little survey for ya:

I am wondering if you all are knowledgeable about the clinical trials that are available for CF?

Have you been contacted by someone at your care center to participate in a trial? (If yes did you consider it?)

If you have not participated what is stopping you??

Any insight would be great. Happy Fat Tuesday friends!!
Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

I am wondering if you all are knowledgeable about the clinical trials that are available for CF?

Have you been contacted by someone at your care center to participate in a trial? (If yes did you consider it?)

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

<br />
<br />I am wondering if you all are knowledgeable about the clinical trials that are available for CF?
<br />
<br />Have you been contacted by someone at your care center to participate in a trial? (If yes did you consider it?)
<br />
<br />If you have not participated what is stopping you??
<br />
<br />Any insight would be great. Happy Fat Tuesday friends!!
<br />Rock CF,
<br />Em

JazzysMom

Our clinic is great about notifying us with trials. They often offer me a chance, but often know I decline if it requires frequent trips down since I am so far away.

They never leave me out of the loop tho. They figure some day I will surprise them LOL!

JazzysMom

Our clinic is great about notifying us with trials. They often offer me a chance, but often know I decline if it requires frequent trips down since I am so far away.

They never leave me out of the loop tho. They figure some day I will surprise them LOL!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />They never leave me out of the loop tho. They figure some day I will surprise them LOL!

Skye

I have NEVER been contacted or notified about ANY trials by either of the centers I go to.

I was pro-active and persistent and found a clinical trial on my own that I wanted to participate in and I drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back every 8 weeks to participate. If it had not been for the CF forum, I would have NEVER known to look for the drug I am now on.

Now I know to keep my eyes open and ask lots of questions. I also check regularly on the CF site to see if something may fit for me in the future.

Skye

I have NEVER been contacted or notified about ANY trials by either of the centers I go to.

I was pro-active and persistent and found a clinical trial on my own that I wanted to participate in and I drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back every 8 weeks to participate. If it had not been for the CF forum, I would have NEVER known to look for the drug I am now on.

Now I know to keep my eyes open and ask lots of questions. I also check regularly on the CF site to see if something may fit for me in the future.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />I was pro-active and persistent and found a clinical trial on my own that I wanted to participate in and I drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back every 8 weeks to participate. If it had not been for the CF forum, I would have NEVER known to look for the drug I am now on.
<br />
<br />Now I know to keep my eyes open and ask lots of questions. I also check regularly on the CF site to see if something may fit for me in the future.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Other than a study our local CF clinic was part of regarding pulmozyme --- DS wasn't on it at the time, I haven't heard of any. We've never been notified, though I do check the CFF site from time to time. Currently there aren't any at our local CF cinic and the ones in the City (3 1/2 hour drive), he isn't eligible according to the criteria listed.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Other than a study our local CF clinic was part of regarding pulmozyme --- DS wasn't on it at the time, I haven't heard of any. We've never been notified, though I do check the CFF site from time to time. Currently there aren't any at our local CF cinic and the ones in the City (3 1/2 hour drive), he isn't eligible according to the criteria listed.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member