colds and extra mucus in the lungs

dude

is it me or do other people suffer from this.I recently went swimming and did not dry my hair properly.Within a few hours my nose was all blocked up and i started producing a lot more mucus in my lungs.

dude

is it me or do other people suffer from this.I recently went swimming and did not dry my hair properly.Within a few hours my nose was all blocked up and i started producing a lot more mucus in my lungs.

dude

JazzysMom

I have been told from various sources (medical professions, fellow CFers etc) that having wet hair or catching a chill can not make you sick. That if you do get sick it was already in the works. IMHO this is crap! It NEVER fails that if I catch a chill or go out with my hair wet that I will end up feeling a problem physically. As to how bad it gets does vary, but for me it definitely happens. So to answer your ???....NO I DONT THINK ITS JUST YOU, but this will be argued until we are blue in the face.

JazzysMom

I have been told from various sources (medical professions, fellow CFers etc) that having wet hair or catching a chill can not make you sick. That if you do get sick it was already in the works. IMHO this is crap! It NEVER fails that if I catch a chill or go out with my hair wet that I will end up feeling a problem physically. As to how bad it gets does vary, but for me it definitely happens. So to answer your ???....NO I DONT THINK ITS JUST YOU, but this will be argued until we are blue in the face.

JazzysMom

J

Jade

Haven't had a haircut in years so mine takes forever to dry and I notice this as well. Just a thought, it seems like wet hair would catch pollen and other allergens very easily.

J

Jade

Haven't had a haircut in years so mine takes forever to dry and I notice this as well. Just a thought, it seems like wet hair would catch pollen and other allergens very easily.

J

Jade

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jade</b></i>

Haven't had a haircut in years so mine takes forever to dry and I notice this as well. Just a thought, it seems like wet hair would catch pollen and other allergens very easily.</end quote></div>

This is a thought. I am curious as to how much this might be true. I dont suppose there are any studies anywhere. That would be too easy for us LOL!

JazzysMom

Haven't had a haircut in years so mine takes forever to dry and I notice this as well. Just a thought, it seems like wet hair would catch pollen and other allergens very easily.</end quote></div>

This is a thought. I am curious as to how much this might be true. I dont suppose there are any studies anywhere. That would be too easy for us LOL!

JazzysMom

folione

I don't have CF (my son does), but swimming pool water makes my head fill with mucus...maybe it's all the chemicals they put in the water.

folione

I don't have CF (my son does), but swimming pool water makes my head fill with mucus...maybe it's all the chemicals they put in the water.

folione

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>folione</b></i>

I don't have CF (my son does), but swimming pool water makes my head fill with mucus...maybe it's all the chemicals they put in the water.</end quote></div>

It could be the chemicals. DUDE-Did you swim in a pool or natural water source of some sort?

JazzysMom

I don't have CF (my son does), but swimming pool water makes my head fill with mucus...maybe it's all the chemicals they put in the water.</end quote></div>

It could be the chemicals. DUDE-Did you swim in a pool or natural water source of some sort?

JazzysMom