Considering a move: I need your advice!

JennifersHope

For me, without a question of a doubt, anywhere by the ocean is wonderful for me.. I am not by the ocean now because I don't know anyone who lives anywhere within two hours from the ocean, but when I am on vacation I swear jut being in the ocean improves my lung function, I remember last summer walking on the boardwalk and being amazed at how well I could breath..

JennifersHope

For me, without a question of a doubt, anywhere by the ocean is wonderful for me.. I am not by the ocean now because I don't know anyone who lives anywhere within two hours from the ocean, but when I am on vacation I swear jut being in the ocean improves my lung function, I remember last summer walking on the boardwalk and being amazed at how well I could breath..

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

Kelli

Hi Ken,
So funny, my mom and I actually talked about this last night. My grandparents live in AZ and they can't breathe. NO joke. Obviously they don't have CF but they have bad allergies to what blooms out there (didn't have allergies before they moved there...but that was 25 years ago).

Currently the buds on the orange trees are blooming and it's horrible (asthma type stuff). My uncle there has something called Valley Fever (I think it's the 'hay fever' for OH equals Valley Fever for AZ).

I was going to go visit but it's so hot (not humid) that I'd have to be inside until the sun went down. I am even going to wait to take a vacation until it's colder there.
But that's just me, I visited AZ in high school (about 14 years ago), and don't recall how I felt (my CF is so much different now).

But that is what others that I personally know, deal with in AZ. If you have any questions, PM me.

Good luck and remember that's just my family's account of how they feel...you might LOVE it there. Perhaps taking another vacation (maybe 10 days or so) could help you find out for sure.
Have fun!

Kelli

Kelli

Hi Ken,
So funny, my mom and I actually talked about this last night. My grandparents live in AZ and they can't breathe. NO joke. Obviously they don't have CF but they have bad allergies to what blooms out there (didn't have allergies before they moved there...but that was 25 years ago).

Currently the buds on the orange trees are blooming and it's horrible (asthma type stuff). My uncle there has something called Valley Fever (I think it's the 'hay fever' for OH equals Valley Fever for AZ).

I was going to go visit but it's so hot (not humid) that I'd have to be inside until the sun went down. I am even going to wait to take a vacation until it's colder there.
But that's just me, I visited AZ in high school (about 14 years ago), and don't recall how I felt (my CF is so much different now).

But that is what others that I personally know, deal with in AZ. If you have any questions, PM me.

Good luck and remember that's just my family's account of how they feel...you might LOVE it there. Perhaps taking another vacation (maybe 10 days or so) could help you find out for sure.
Have fun!

Kelli

Kelli

Hi Ken,

Have fun!

Kelli

Kelli

Hi Ken,

Have fun!

Kelli

Kelli

Hi Ken,
<br />So funny, my mom and I actually talked about this last night. My grandparents live in AZ and they can't breathe. NO joke. Obviously they don't have CF but they have bad allergies to what blooms out there (didn't have allergies before they moved there...but that was 25 years ago).
<br />
<br />Currently the buds on the orange trees are blooming and it's horrible (asthma type stuff). My uncle there has something called Valley Fever (I think it's the 'hay fever' for OH equals Valley Fever for AZ).
<br />
<br />I was going to go visit but it's so hot (not humid) that I'd have to be inside until the sun went down. I am even going to wait to take a vacation until it's colder there.
<br />But that's just me, I visited AZ in high school (about 14 years ago), and don't recall how I felt (my CF is so much different now).
<br />
<br />But that is what others that I personally know, deal with in AZ. If you have any questions, PM me.
<br />
<br />Good luck and remember that's just my family's account of how they feel...you might LOVE it there. Perhaps taking another vacation (maybe 10 days or so) could help you find out for sure.
<br />Have fun!
<br />
<br />Kelli

dbtoo

Valley fever is very different from hay fever. Hey fever is an alergy, Valley fever is an infection, not nice! It has to do with some bacteria, i believe, that growns in the dirt.

I've been here for 13 years, and I love it. The smog, though is not healthy! If you have other options, like maybe flagstaff, or tuscon, they may be better than the valley of the sun - Phoenix. Flagstaff is awesome!

You can develop alergys to the 'local' plants. Alot of people move here, and they bring the plants from around their house and end up with the same alergys they wanted to leave! So, if you do move here, leave all the rugs, couches, and plants back there. My wife developed alergys to the flora here. I haven't noticed any myself.

The clinic in phoenix suck, in my humble opinion. but that's probably just me.

dbtoo

Valley fever is very different from hay fever. Hey fever is an alergy, Valley fever is an infection, not nice! It has to do with some bacteria, i believe, that growns in the dirt.

I've been here for 13 years, and I love it. The smog, though is not healthy! If you have other options, like maybe flagstaff, or tuscon, they may be better than the valley of the sun - Phoenix. Flagstaff is awesome!

You can develop alergys to the 'local' plants. Alot of people move here, and they bring the plants from around their house and end up with the same alergys they wanted to leave! So, if you do move here, leave all the rugs, couches, and plants back there. My wife developed alergys to the flora here. I haven't noticed any myself.

dbtoo

dbtoo

dbtoo

<br />
<br />I've been here for 13 years, and I love it. The smog, though is not healthy! If you have other options, like maybe flagstaff, or tuscon, they may be better than the valley of the sun - Phoenix. Flagstaff is awesome!
<br />
<br />You can develop alergys to the 'local' plants. Alot of people move here, and they bring the plants from around their house and end up with the same alergys they wanted to leave! So, if you do move here, leave all the rugs, couches, and plants back there. My wife developed alergys to the flora here. I haven't noticed any myself.
<br />
<br />The clinic in phoenix suck, in my humble opinion. but that's probably just me.