Constipation Help!

zoeg

Hi all,
My daughter has been having major on/off constipation issues for the past two months. The CF doctor put her on half a cap of Miralax a day indefinitely. Well, it is improved for most days, but she is still not the same and still has the straining occur. It is just horrible! She just plants her feet on the ground and moves from side to side in such pain groaning. I don't know what to do! I just don't think the Miralax is working, and that seems to be our clinic's solution. She was totally regular up until two months ago, and ever since she just hasn't gotten back to normal. Any suggestions? Have you tried any other medicines if Miralax just doesn't do the trick? I even did an enema on her tonight and it is just slowly coming out over time. Disgusting, and she is crying even more. Please help!

Zoe, Mom to Kate 2wCF

zoeg

Hi all,
My daughter has been having major on/off constipation issues for the past two months. The CF doctor put her on half a cap of Miralax a day indefinitely. Well, it is improved for most days, but she is still not the same and still has the straining occur. It is just horrible! She just plants her feet on the ground and moves from side to side in such pain groaning. I don't know what to do! I just don't think the Miralax is working, and that seems to be our clinic's solution. She was totally regular up until two months ago, and ever since she just hasn't gotten back to normal. Any suggestions? Have you tried any other medicines if Miralax just doesn't do the trick? I even did an enema on her tonight and it is just slowly coming out over time. Disgusting, and she is crying even more. Please help!

Zoe, Mom to Kate 2wCF

zoeg

Hi all,

Zoe, Mom to Kate 2wCF

zoeg

Hi all,

Zoe, Mom to Kate 2wCF

zoeg

Hi all,

Zoe, Mom to Kate 2wCF

fsuapril

I have always been on the more constipated side of life! Ask your doctor if when it seems really bad if you can give her alittle mineral oil.... it doesnt taste great but boy does it work... kinda like having a lube job to be frank but when you hurt anything is worth feeling better... just check with the Doctor to make sure about dosage and age.

I can total sympathize and hope it improves!
April

fsuapril

I have always been on the more constipated side of life! Ask your doctor if when it seems really bad if you can give her alittle mineral oil.... it doesnt taste great but boy does it work... kinda like having a lube job to be frank but when you hurt anything is worth feeling better... just check with the Doctor to make sure about dosage and age.

April

fsuapril

April

fsuapril

April

fsuapril

April

pnhuffman

Zoe,
I have a 6 year old with CF . He has had problems with constipation but I allso have a 2 year old without CF who has always had problems with constipation. Actually we just went to the doctor last Thursday after dealing with this issue for several weeks again.

He had finally gone and it hurt him so bad that he refused to go for several days. He would also plant his feet on the ground and hold it in. The doctor told me to give him a 1/2 cap of mirilax in water 3 times a day for 3 days. She said that should really clean him out. Because on that Wed prior to the doc visit i did the enema and he held that in as much as he could also. Soafter doing the 3 days of Mirilax she prscribed a medicine called Lactulose. He takes that daily 1 1/2 tsps. It has helped some but today I noticed him trying to hold it in again. She also wrote 6 refills on the script so I am assuming this is gonna be a daily thing.

pnhuffman

Zoe,
I have a 6 year old with CF . He has had problems with constipation but I allso have a 2 year old without CF who has always had problems with constipation. Actually we just went to the doctor last Thursday after dealing with this issue for several weeks again.

He had finally gone and it hurt him so bad that he refused to go for several days. He would also plant his feet on the ground and hold it in. The doctor told me to give him a 1/2 cap of mirilax in water 3 times a day for 3 days. She said that should really clean him out. Because on that Wed prior to the doc visit i did the enema and he held that in as much as he could also. Soafter doing the 3 days of Mirilax she prscribed a medicine called Lactulose. He takes that daily 1 1/2 tsps. It has helped some but today I noticed him trying to hold it in again. She also wrote 6 refills on the script so I am assuming this is gonna be a daily thing.

pnhuffman

Zoe,

pnhuffman

Zoe,

pnhuffman

Zoe,

M

momofcash

My son Cash has been on Miralax since Feb. when he was hospitalized with a distended abdomen and blockage. He was 13 months then and was on half a capful with 4oz. Its amazing how much we have been able to play with his dosage. The wonderful thing about Miralax is there is no cramping or bloating. However we have to keep him pretty loose to prevent any blockages. Cash's gastro doc explained to me that 1/2 a capful was 1 tsp. and that 1/8th of that dosage could make a difference. We now are exact with his Miralax. Cash can go up to 4 tsp. of Miralax if he needs to and he isn't even 2 yet. We also use dulcolax as plan B.

Is her constipation due to enzymes?

We have also limited Cash to 16oz of whole milk a day(per Gastro) and limit his intake of anything binding. Also all of the P juices help. Pear, Pineapple, Prune. Good Luck. Hope this helps...Constipation has plagued Cash since birth. It really is miserable.

M

momofcash

My son Cash has been on Miralax since Feb. when he was hospitalized with a distended abdomen and blockage. He was 13 months then and was on half a capful with 4oz. Its amazing how much we have been able to play with his dosage. The wonderful thing about Miralax is there is no cramping or bloating. However we have to keep him pretty loose to prevent any blockages. Cash's gastro doc explained to me that 1/2 a capful was 1 tsp. and that 1/8th of that dosage could make a difference. We now are exact with his Miralax. Cash can go up to 4 tsp. of Miralax if he needs to and he isn't even 2 yet. We also use dulcolax as plan B.

We have also limited Cash to 16oz of whole milk a day(per Gastro) and limit his intake of anything binding. Also all of the P juices help. Pear, Pineapple, Prune. Good Luck. Hope this helps...Constipation has plagued Cash since birth. It really is miserable.

M

momofcash

M

momofcash

M

momofcash