constipation

Marjolein

I've had very bad constipation ones.
I went to see my gp and she phoned my hospital right away. I was in so much pain.

I went to the ER and they admitted me to give me enema's a few times a day. I think I had to stay for 4 days in total. This did the trick for me.

I think your hospital was wrong in sending you home. When you are in so much pain. And when they have seen you are very constipated and you tell them you can't go to to the toilet. That way this can only get worse, I would think...

Marjolein

I went to see my gp and she phoned my hospital right away. I was in so much pain.

I went to the ER and they admitted me to give me enema's a few times a day. I think I had to stay for 4 days in total. This did the trick for me.

I think your hospital was wrong in sending you home. When you are in so much pain. And when they have seen you are very constipated and you tell them you can't go to to the toilet. That way this can only get worse, I would think...

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I went to see my gp and she phoned my hospital right away. I was in so much pain.
<br />
<br />I went to the ER and they admitted me to give me enema's a few times a day. I think I had to stay for 4 days in total. This did the trick for me.
<br />
<br />I think your hospital was wrong in sending you home. When you are in so much pain. And when they have seen you are very constipated and you tell them you can't go to to the toilet. That way this can only get worse, I would think...

lilywing

What you are describing reminds me of when I had a bowel blockage 3.5 years ago. It was INCREDIBLY painful, I could barely move for nearly 2 days. I needed medical attention. In the hopes of avoiding surgery, I was fitted with a gastric tube for suction, and given a series of barium enemas. I was in hospital for a while, but the treatments were effective. I think you need to see your doctor soon. I can't believe they sent you home. A bowel blockage is not uncommon in CF, and it can be quite dangerous if not looked after.
Can you see your doctor soon?
Take care

lilywing

What you are describing reminds me of when I had a bowel blockage 3.5 years ago. It was INCREDIBLY painful, I could barely move for nearly 2 days. I needed medical attention. In the hopes of avoiding surgery, I was fitted with a gastric tube for suction, and given a series of barium enemas. I was in hospital for a while, but the treatments were effective. I think you need to see your doctor soon. I can't believe they sent you home. A bowel blockage is not uncommon in CF, and it can be quite dangerous if not looked after.
Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

<br />Can you see your doctor soon?
<br />Take care

bat

I have a G tube for nighttime nutritional supplement, with a mic-key button for incognito daily use. In the past, I have used it to run GOLYTELY, which is basically a bulldozer for your sewage line. It can be done via drinking the substance, but you mix the powder with 1 gallon of water, and you are supposed to drink it over 20 minutes or so. That can be really hard to do, so the G tube helps a lot. You could possible use a NG tube (sp?) or line through your nose to your stomach, to ingest the liquid.

About an hour after drinking it, the process takes place and your body is cleansed. I have had good results in the past with this method.

bat

I have a G tube for nighttime nutritional supplement, with a mic-key button for incognito daily use. In the past, I have used it to run GOLYTELY, which is basically a bulldozer for your sewage line. It can be done via drinking the substance, but you mix the powder with 1 gallon of water, and you are supposed to drink it over 20 minutes or so. That can be really hard to do, so the G tube helps a lot. You could possible use a NG tube (sp?) or line through your nose to your stomach, to ingest the liquid.

About an hour after drinking it, the process takes place and your body is cleansed. I have had good results in the past with this method.

bat

bat

bat

<br />
<br />About an hour after drinking it, the process takes place and your body is cleansed. I have had good results in the past with this method.

MicheleGazelle

Some things that help when I am constipated: Sea salt with plenty of water, aloe vera supplements, potato soup made with sea salt and a generous amount of organic butter, anything with lots of organic butter in it. My sister has eaten prunes to deal with constipation from chemo drugs. She reports very good results with that approach.

MicheleGazelle

Some things that help when I am constipated: Sea salt with plenty of water, aloe vera supplements, potato soup made with sea salt and a generous amount of organic butter, anything with lots of organic butter in it. My sister has eaten prunes to deal with constipation from chemo drugs. She reports very good results with that approach.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle