corrosive effects of salt

jdubbs

oh yeah, if i'm at the gym, i can't get my ipod to work. i have to set it to go and just leave it. stats major? did you see that article in the NYT?

jdubbs

oh yeah, if i'm at the gym, i can't get my ipod to work. i have to set it to go and just leave it. stats major? did you see that article in the NYT?

jdubbs

jdubbs

jdubbs

BlueBeam

it gets embarassing at work, my chair isint the same color as my collegue's: It's grayish on the front and upper back. Same goes with my mousepad. I got many remarks regarding that.

My mouse at home needs cleaning 2 times a day and my gamepads are also affected. I get disgusted looks about the amount of 'dirt' aka salt stuk in my controllers.

heh i could go on and on but you get the point.

BlueBeam

it gets embarassing at work, my chair isint the same color as my collegue's: It's grayish on the front and upper back. Same goes with my mousepad. I got many remarks regarding that.

My mouse at home needs cleaning 2 times a day and my gamepads are also affected. I get disgusted looks about the amount of 'dirt' aka salt stuk in my controllers.

BlueBeam

BlueBeam

BlueBeam

<br />
<br />My mouse at home needs cleaning 2 times a day and my gamepads are also affected. I get disgusted looks about the amount of 'dirt' aka salt stuk in my controllers.
<br />
<br />heh i could go on and on but you get the point.

A

alegris

I've noticed that all my sterling silver rings break. First they'll start to corrode and eventually snap in half. It's annoying!! My necklaces get ruined too. My husband jokes that my skin has superpowers in that it can break metal (he's a nerd)!

A

alegris

I've noticed that all my sterling silver rings break. First they'll start to corrode and eventually snap in half. It's annoying!! My necklaces get ruined too. My husband jokes that my skin has superpowers in that it can break metal (he's a nerd)!

A

alegris

A

alegris

A

alegris

65rosessamurai

I made two posts, one at the beginning of the summer that explained how the sweat reacts to certain metals.

Gold, Platinum and Stainless Steel are "pervious" to salt--it won't tarnish, rust or stain.

Other metals oxidize with the salt causing staining, rusting and even discolorment.

As for things like cowhide, leather and such...I avoid those because I know they will turn to "jerky" and dry up.

My sword handle is wrapped in a cotton-based thread so its got a whitish-grey coloring to it. I intend to avoid such metals as copper and aluminum, but it may be tricky.

I stopped wearing a watch until I found that the stainless ones (diver's watches) can handle my sweat...I just run it under water frequently so the buttons don't get clogged and malfunction.

Keyboards...LOL...I gotta clean mine at work! I found that putting a keyboard cover on the keyboards causes them to last longer...just last night I was using the "undprotected" keyboard and one of the letters stopped working..probably cause some of the salt had creeped into the board causing a poor connection.

BTW, (Most) plastics are ok with sweat, but I don't think too many things made of wood are very good..so that would be a caution to make if you are dealing with wood.

65rosessamurai

I made two posts, one at the beginning of the summer that explained how the sweat reacts to certain metals.

Gold, Platinum and Stainless Steel are "pervious" to salt--it won't tarnish, rust or stain.

Other metals oxidize with the salt causing staining, rusting and even discolorment.

As for things like cowhide, leather and such...I avoid those because I know they will turn to "jerky" and dry up.

My sword handle is wrapped in a cotton-based thread so its got a whitish-grey coloring to it. I intend to avoid such metals as copper and aluminum, but it may be tricky.

I stopped wearing a watch until I found that the stainless ones (diver's watches) can handle my sweat...I just run it under water frequently so the buttons don't get clogged and malfunction.

Keyboards...LOL...I gotta clean mine at work! I found that putting a keyboard cover on the keyboards causes them to last longer...just last night I was using the "undprotected" keyboard and one of the letters stopped working..probably cause some of the salt had creeped into the board causing a poor connection.

BTW, (Most) plastics are ok with sweat, but I don't think too many things made of wood are very good..so that would be a caution to make if you are dealing with wood.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />Gold, Platinum and Stainless Steel are "pervious" to salt--it won't tarnish, rust or stain.
<br />
<br />Other metals oxidize with the salt causing staining, rusting and even discolorment.
<br />
<br />As for things like cowhide, leather and such...I avoid those because I know they will turn to "jerky" and dry up.
<br />
<br />My sword handle is wrapped in a cotton-based thread so its got a whitish-grey coloring to it. I intend to avoid such metals as copper and aluminum, but it may be tricky.
<br />
<br />I stopped wearing a watch until I found that the stainless ones (diver's watches) can handle my sweat...I just run it under water frequently so the buttons don't get clogged and malfunction.
<br />
<br />Keyboards...LOL...I gotta clean mine at work! I found that putting a keyboard cover on the keyboards causes them to last longer...just last night I was using the "undprotected" keyboard and one of the letters stopped working..probably cause some of the salt had creeped into the board causing a poor connection.
<br />
<br />BTW, (Most) plastics are ok with sweat, but I don't think too many things made of wood are very good..so that would be a caution to make if you are dealing with wood.