Coughing at night...

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Talk to your doc about it and get them to test you for H Pylori while you are there. </end quote></div>

Is that tested for in a sputum culture? Or is it in the digestive tract? What exactly is H. Pylori?

I am thinking something may be brewing, b/c as I said in my update yesterday afternoon, I felt worse...but still not really any symptoms other than a cough. The coughing was much worse last night but is still completely dry and I am not getting anything up. I have a call in to the doc, so I will ask about the reflux and about what my cuclture showed three weeks ago. Maybe I am building up a resistance to AZLI since I have been on it for so long. I will let you all know what they say.

Thanks for the responses!

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Talk to your doc about it and get them to test you for H Pylori while you are there. </end quote></div>

Is that tested for in a sputum culture? Or is it in the digestive tract? What exactly is H. Pylori?

I am thinking something may be brewing, b/c as I said in my update yesterday afternoon, I felt worse...but still not really any symptoms other than a cough. The coughing was much worse last night but is still completely dry and I am not getting anything up. I have a call in to the doc, so I will ask about the reflux and about what my cuclture showed three weeks ago. Maybe I am building up a resistance to AZLI since I have been on it for so long. I will let you all know what they say.

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Talk to your doc about it and get them to test you for H Pylori while you are there. </end quote>

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Talk to your doc about it and get them to test you for H Pylori while you are there. </end quote>
<br />
<br />Is that tested for in a sputum culture? Or is it in the digestive tract? What exactly is H. Pylori?
<br />
<br />I am thinking something may be brewing, b/c as I said in my update yesterday afternoon, I felt worse...but still not really any symptoms other than a cough. The coughing was much worse last night but is still completely dry and I am not getting anything up. I have a call in to the doc, so I will ask about the reflux and about what my cuclture showed three weeks ago. Maybe I am building up a resistance to AZLI since I have been on it for so long. I will let you all know what they say.
<br />
<br />Thanks for the responses!

AnD

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Helicobacter+pylori

I had H. pylori, and after I got treated for it, 99.9% of my stomach issues (chronic pain, irritation/discomfort, bloating, gas, etc.) cleared up. I did not have an ulcer. I was diagnosed with a blood test, and they retest to make sure it's gone with a stool test, because the antibiodies are still present (enough for a false positive) in your blood for up to a year.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

AnD

I had H. pylori, and after I got treated for it, 99.9% of my stomach issues (chronic pain, irritation/discomfort, bloating, gas, etc.) cleared up. I did not have an ulcer. I was diagnosed with a blood test, and they retest to make sure it's gone with a stool test, because the antibiodies are still present (enough for a false positive) in your blood for up to a year.

AnD

AnD

AnD

<br />
<br />I had H. pylori, and after I got treated for it, 99.9% of my stomach issues (chronic pain, irritation/discomfort, bloating, gas, etc.) cleared up. I did not have an ulcer. I was diagnosed with a blood test, and they retest to make sure it's gone with a stool test, because the antibiodies are still present (enough for a false positive) in your blood for up to a year.
<br />
<br />I hope you're feeling better soon!

KrazyKat

Andee is exactly right. With me, the main symptoms of my H Pylori were excessive reflux and a feeling of constant fullness in my tummy despite not having eaten much. I also had a dry cough and got nightsweats.

Something like 50% of the population have H Pylori and dont know it, it can also lead to stomach cancer later in life.

Simple blood test is all that should be required and mine cleared up after one week of triple therapy (2 x AB's plus twice a day prilosec)

KrazyKat

Andee is exactly right. With me, the main symptoms of my H Pylori were excessive reflux and a feeling of constant fullness in my tummy despite not having eaten much. I also had a dry cough and got nightsweats.

Something like 50% of the population have H Pylori and dont know it, it can also lead to stomach cancer later in life.

Simple blood test is all that should be required and mine cleared up after one week of triple therapy (2 x AB's plus twice a day prilosec)

KrazyKat

KrazyKat

KrazyKat

<br />
<br />Something like 50% of the population have H Pylori and dont know it, it can also lead to stomach cancer later in life.
<br />
<br />Simple blood test is all that should be required and mine cleared up after one week of triple therapy (2 x AB's plus twice a day prilosec)