Coughing Up Blood

L

luke

Jenna,

Even though coughing up blood becomes routine to us it is never normal. An increased frequency of hemoptysis is a good sign of infection. I would recommend getting a CT of his chest done to see if something else is present. Most CF patients develop bronchiectasis and that would explain the blood too. Anyway, don't just brush it off, it can lead to a serious problem it needs to be followed up on.

For the record..I have been doing it on and off for about 7 years, it always is more present when and sick or very active.

L

luke

Jenna,

Even though coughing up blood becomes routine to us it is never normal. An increased frequency of hemoptysis is a good sign of infection. I would recommend getting a CT of his chest done to see if something else is present. Most CF patients develop bronchiectasis and that would explain the blood too. Anyway, don't just brush it off, it can lead to a serious problem it needs to be followed up on.

For the record..I have been doing it on and off for about 7 years, it always is more present when and sick or very active.

L

luke

Jenna,

L

luke

Jenna,

L

luke

Jenna,

jalaucke1127

Jenna

i know how it is when u saw your son cough up blood. when i did it i was so scared i cried and went to the ER. but the doctor just said i broke a blood vessel due to the cleaning solution i was using when i was cleaning house. well after that one time i am still doing it every now and again and to let you know i got the ct scans done and the chest x -rays and because of the bleeding i was starting to get a small start of phemonia. but i was coughing up blood for 2 days. thats to long. also if he gets a coughing attack that can break a vessel. im not on vit k all the time i just take one when i start noticing blood so then that way i don't get a phemonia so tell him to be careful and never hold it back from your doctor if u start to notice weight loss thats another big issue but lukes right when an infection is about to occur or when running or during activity he may start to cough up blood. so make sure to keep an eye on his pfts.

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Jenna

i know how it is when u saw your son cough up blood. when i did it i was so scared i cried and went to the ER. but the doctor just said i broke a blood vessel due to the cleaning solution i was using when i was cleaning house. well after that one time i am still doing it every now and again and to let you know i got the ct scans done and the chest x -rays and because of the bleeding i was starting to get a small start of phemonia. but i was coughing up blood for 2 days. thats to long. also if he gets a coughing attack that can break a vessel. im not on vit k all the time i just take one when i start noticing blood so then that way i don't get a phemonia so tell him to be careful and never hold it back from your doctor if u start to notice weight loss thats another big issue but lukes right when an infection is about to occur or when running or during activity he may start to cough up blood. so make sure to keep an eye on his pfts.

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Jenna

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Jenna

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Jenna

Joanna