Craving Carbs

mamerth

I talked with my endo doc. She told me to go ahead and eat a bit more carbs when I get a craving but to eat protein with it and to watch for a dip in sugars later. Yep, Joni, I am borderline. My endo is hoping I can stay this way for quite a while with my strict carb counting diet. She did not give me permission to up my carbs on a regular basis... upping my carbs can only be for special occasions (holiday and such). She says that my tight control of carbs will help me tons to stay off the insulin and metformin.

I guess my blood work comes out just wonderful when I am disciplined and eliminate the sweets.

BTW... I did get an orange julius and.... I didn't like it. I think I would have been happier with a 4-6 once glass of frothy orange juice. I learned my lesson!! She did say I can eat the canned peaches (in their own juice) with a balanced meal... not alone.

mamerth

I talked with my endo doc. She told me to go ahead and eat a bit more carbs when I get a craving but to eat protein with it and to watch for a dip in sugars later. Yep, Joni, I am borderline. My endo is hoping I can stay this way for quite a while with my strict carb counting diet. She did not give me permission to up my carbs on a regular basis... upping my carbs can only be for special occasions (holiday and such). She says that my tight control of carbs will help me tons to stay off the insulin and metformin.
<br />
<br />I guess my blood work comes out just wonderful when I am disciplined and eliminate the sweets.
<br />
<br />BTW... I did get an orange julius and.... I didn't like it. I think I would have been happier with a 4-6 once glass of frothy orange juice. I learned my lesson!! She did say I can eat the canned peaches (in their own juice) with a balanced meal... not alone.