Creon 5 to Creon 10

skeeter6585

Hey everyone. I just had a quick question. When did everyone switch from Creon 5 to Creon 10? I had heard around 2 years old, but it seems like my 16 month old is needing an up in dosage. Also, what was the reason for the switch. I know as they get older, they eat more fat, thus having to switch. But were there any other signs that indicated a switch? Thanks

skeeter6585

Hey everyone. I just had a quick question. When did everyone switch from Creon 5 to Creon 10? I had heard around 2 years old, but it seems like my 16 month old is needing an up in dosage. Also, what was the reason for the switch. I know as they get older, they eat more fat, thus having to switch. But were there any other signs that indicated a switch? Thanks

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

<br />

M

Mommafirst

We still use Creon 5. My dd takes 2 with snacks and 3 with meals so she doesn't really need to go up to the 10s yet. I think its about dosing and the size of the pills. If your child is taking 5 or 6 of the creon 5's you could do 2 or 3 of the 10s instead. Talk to your doctor, the 10's are bigger though it won't matter if you are still opening them into applesauce.

M

Mommafirst

We still use Creon 5. My dd takes 2 with snacks and 3 with meals so she doesn't really need to go up to the 10s yet. I think its about dosing and the size of the pills. If your child is taking 5 or 6 of the creon 5's you could do 2 or 3 of the 10s instead. Talk to your doctor, the 10's are bigger though it won't matter if you are still opening them into applesauce.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS switched from Pancrease MT4s to MT10s last year. He wasn't gaining weight, we were giving him over 7 capsules and he was still having loose stools, so we switched gradually over the summer. He'd just turned 4, probably should've done it a lot sooner as he never had normal poo prior to that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS switched from Pancrease MT4s to MT10s last year. He wasn't gaining weight, we were giving him over 7 capsules and he was still having loose stools, so we switched gradually over the summer. He'd just turned 4, probably should've done it a lot sooner as he never had normal poo prior to that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

skeeter6585

Yeah, she's having alot of loose/semi soft stools. Even with Culturelle twice a day. We are also in the process of getting her off the baby food. We give her the pills with applesauce but we don't break them open... just put the pill on top and down it goes. She's also swollowing the culturelle pills so I'm not really worried about the size of the pills.

skeeter6585

Yeah, she's having alot of loose/semi soft stools. Even with Culturelle twice a day. We are also in the process of getting her off the baby food. We give her the pills with applesauce but we don't break them open... just put the pill on top and down it goes. She's also swollowing the culturelle pills so I'm not really worried about the size of the pills.

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

skeeter6585