creon and milk

ehtansky21

I agree, that they are just saying don't swallow the enzymes with milk. But as a side note, there are many other high calorie, high fat products that are not milk products.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

I agree, that they are just saying don't swallow the enzymes with milk. But as a side note, there are many other high calorie, high fat products that are not milk products.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />blessings,
<br />missa

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with what the others are saying. We give DS Carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream. He loves cheese. IMO, give your clinic a call, especially if the pharmacy might be giving incorrect info to other patients.

As for adding more calories, I do try to add olive oil or butter to some of DS' meals.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with what the others are saying. We give DS Carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream. He loves cheese. IMO, give your clinic a call, especially if the pharmacy might be giving incorrect info to other patients.

As for adding more calories, I do try to add olive oil or butter to some of DS' meals.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />As for adding more calories, I do try to add olive oil or butter to some of DS' meals.

2sickkids

They have never mentioned not giving milk at with my sons. Now I don't like them drinking milk for phlem reasons. But that's subjective. Other people don't notice that so much.
If your kiddo doesn't have bloodsugar issues try adding icecream topping like butterscotch,choc,strawberry or and other flavor syrup to things or as a dip with snack. They are fairly high cal in small dose.

2sickkids

They have never mentioned not giving milk at with my sons. Now I don't like them drinking milk for phlem reasons. But that's subjective. Other people don't notice that so much.
If your kiddo doesn't have bloodsugar issues try adding icecream topping like butterscotch,choc,strawberry or and other flavor syrup to things or as a dip with snack. They are fairly high cal in small dose.

2sickkids

2sickkids

2sickkids

<br /> If your kiddo doesn't have bloodsugar issues try adding icecream topping like butterscotch,choc,strawberry or and other flavor syrup to things or as a dip with snack. They are fairly high cal in small dose.

MissKitty

I was told by my doctor not to have milk or milk products but not when I take my creon. I dont like milk much but my mom used to put creon in my pudding, which has milk in it. As for the weight loss, maybe she needs more enzymes. I take as many now as I did as a kid. I take 3-5 with snack and 6-8 with meals. I usually just take 7 with everything because I dont just snack, I eat a whole meal. Now if I eat something high in fat and protein like red meats or any kind of meat in general, I'll take 8. Has she tried Pancrease(pancrelipase)? I have a friend who has CF and he had a weight gain problem with Creon as well and was switched to Pancrease. But he takes about 20 with every meal.

MissKitty

I was told by my doctor not to have milk or milk products but not when I take my creon. I dont like milk much but my mom used to put creon in my pudding, which has milk in it. As for the weight loss, maybe she needs more enzymes. I take as many now as I did as a kid. I take 3-5 with snack and 6-8 with meals. I usually just take 7 with everything because I dont just snack, I eat a whole meal. Now if I eat something high in fat and protein like red meats or any kind of meat in general, I'll take 8. Has she tried Pancrease(pancrelipase)? I have a friend who has CF and he had a weight gain problem with Creon as well and was switched to Pancrease. But he takes about 20 with every meal.

MissKitty

MissKitty

MissKitty