Creon

65rosessamurai

In general, there is no such thing as "Zero Calories", either!
The energy of water is 1,000 calories, or 1kCal. How a soda can be less than the equivalent of water sound illogical, AND, when they advertise calories in the states, they don't put the little 'k' in with it, despite all calories are measured in 'kCals'!
taking at least one Creon with the amount of soda probably won't hurt, but DEFINITELY take in MORE CALCIUM!!
The soda burns up the calcium, and with the malabsorption problem we already have, replacing the calcium is vital!
I take calcium before bedtime, which I heard was actually the best time. However, don't take too much calcium (maybe for women, too much is not likely), because too much causes a few disorders, such as quick temper--there was another one, but forgot (hopefully senility is NOT the other one! hehe!).

65rosessamurai

In general, there is no such thing as "Zero Calories", either!
The energy of water is 1,000 calories, or 1kCal. How a soda can be less than the equivalent of water sound illogical, AND, when they advertise calories in the states, they don't put the little 'k' in with it, despite all calories are measured in 'kCals'!
taking at least one Creon with the amount of soda probably won't hurt, but DEFINITELY take in MORE CALCIUM!!
The soda burns up the calcium, and with the malabsorption problem we already have, replacing the calcium is vital!
I take calcium before bedtime, which I heard was actually the best time. However, don't take too much calcium (maybe for women, too much is not likely), because too much causes a few disorders, such as quick temper--there was another one, but forgot (hopefully senility is NOT the other one! hehe!).

KrazyKat

well i don't like soda particularly or ice-cream....but i mix them both together YUM!! I have a can of coke with 4 scoops of ice-cream every day, adds a whopping calorie punch and is veeeery nice.

KrazyKat

well i don't like soda particularly or ice-cream....but i mix them both together YUM!! I have a can of coke with 4 scoops of ice-cream every day, adds a whopping calorie punch and is veeeery nice.

KrazyKat

batteredNfried

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KrazyKat</b></i>

well i don't like soda particularly or ice-cream....but i mix them both together YUM!! I have a can of coke with 4 scoops of ice-cream every day, adds a whopping calorie punch and is veeeery nice.</end quote></div>

Calories yes, and a lot of refined sugar. Might I suggest making a shake with whole milk instead? Vitamin D...

batteredNfried

well i don't like soda particularly or ice-cream....but i mix them both together YUM!! I have a can of coke with 4 scoops of ice-cream every day, adds a whopping calorie punch and is veeeery nice.</end quote></div>

Calories yes, and a lot of refined sugar. Might I suggest making a shake with whole milk instead? Vitamin D...

batteredNfried

KrazyKat

I do drink milkshakes as well, with Fortisip in them (complete nutrition drink) - but i get thoroughly sick of them, plus too much milk congests me. I barely eat any other forms of sugar tho, no cakes, biscuits, lollies or chocolate....these ice-cream sodas and sugar in my cups of tea is about it for sweet stuff apart from fruit. Excellent glucose control so far.........fingers crossed!! i'm such a skinny thing, but don't like junk food (don't eat pizza, macdonalds, burger king and only kfc if the skin is pulled off the chicken and the mayo is left off the burgers), so these are really my only crap food intake.

KrazyKat

I do drink milkshakes as well, with Fortisip in them (complete nutrition drink) - but i get thoroughly sick of them, plus too much milk congests me. I barely eat any other forms of sugar tho, no cakes, biscuits, lollies or chocolate....these ice-cream sodas and sugar in my cups of tea is about it for sweet stuff apart from fruit. Excellent glucose control so far.........fingers crossed!! i'm such a skinny thing, but don't like junk food (don't eat pizza, macdonalds, burger king and only kfc if the skin is pulled off the chicken and the mayo is left off the burgers), so these are really my only crap food intake.

KrazyKat