Cultured a bacteria

rosesixtyfive

Hi, everyone,
This is sort of an update on Sam's cold. Sam had a cold that started twelve days ago. He has been on an antibiotic for 10 days, and still has a runny nose. I have felt some crackles in his ribs, so the CF team urged us to come in tomorrow. They also said he might have to be admitted if the chest x-ray showed a need for a bronschopy. They said he had cultured serratia bacteria in November and the Augmentin prescribed by his regular ped would not clear this up. The nurse on the phone couldn't tell me anything about serratia or why no one told us about it in December, or why we were told we didn't need to return until February? Anyone ever cultured serratia?!? What is it? I'm scared for Sam.

rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, ddf508, 4 months old, and Robin, no CF, 4 years old

rosesixtyfive

Hi, everyone,
This is sort of an update on Sam's cold. Sam had a cold that started twelve days ago. He has been on an antibiotic for 10 days, and still has a runny nose. I have felt some crackles in his ribs, so the CF team urged us to come in tomorrow. They also said he might have to be admitted if the chest x-ray showed a need for a bronschopy. They said he had cultured serratia bacteria in November and the Augmentin prescribed by his regular ped would not clear this up. The nurse on the phone couldn't tell me anything about serratia or why no one told us about it in December, or why we were told we didn't need to return until February? Anyone ever cultured serratia?!? What is it? I'm scared for Sam.

rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, ddf508, 4 months old, and Robin, no CF, 4 years old

rosesixtyfive

Hi, everyone,

rosesixtyfive

Hi, everyone,

rosesixtyfive

Hi, everyone,
<br />This is sort of an update on Sam's cold. Sam had a cold that started twelve days ago. He has been on an antibiotic for 10 days, and still has a runny nose. I have felt some crackles in his ribs, so the CF team urged us to come in tomorrow. They also said he might have to be admitted if the chest x-ray showed a need for a bronschopy. They said he had cultured serratia bacteria in November and the Augmentin prescribed by his regular ped would not clear this up. The nurse on the phone couldn't tell me anything about serratia or why no one told us about it in December, or why we were told we didn't need to return until February? Anyone ever cultured serratia?!? What is it? I'm scared for Sam.
<br />
<br />rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, ddf508, 4 months old, and Robin, no CF, 4 years old

M

mneville

IS he coughing? A common cold can last up to two weeks. As for the culture, I don't know about the bacteria you mentioned but I have learned to ALWAYS get a copy of the culture report. Read it and make sure you discuss with the doctor why or why not it warrants treatment. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

IS he coughing? A common cold can last up to two weeks. As for the culture, I don't know about the bacteria you mentioned but I have learned to ALWAYS get a copy of the culture report. Read it and make sure you discuss with the doctor why or why not it warrants treatment. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

C

Cherylwithone

Google it at Wikipedia. It will tell you all about it.
It does'nt look like one of the major ones. This is found on tile grout and any place that is damp. Urinary Tracs.

I hope he feels better soon.

C

Cherylwithone

It does'nt look like one of the major ones. This is found on tile grout and any place that is damp. Urinary Tracs.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />It does'nt look like one of the major ones. This is found on tile grout and any place that is damp. Urinary Tracs.
<br />
<br />I hope he feels better soon.

rosesixtyfive

He is not coughing. He had a cough, but we think it was acid reflux, because Nexium settled it down. He just has a runny nose. I will definitely ask for a copy of the report from now on.

rosesixtyfive

He is not coughing. He had a cough, but we think it was acid reflux, because Nexium settled it down. He just has a runny nose. I will definitely ask for a copy of the report from now on.

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive