CURE?????!!!

Sontona

so i heard that there is supposed to be a cure for cystic fibrosis involving pig stem cells.
Has anyone else heard this?
Does anyone know what this is actually about?

Sontona

so i heard that there is supposed to be a cure for cystic fibrosis involving pig stem cells.

Sontona

Sontona

Sontona

<br />Has anyone else heard this?
<br />Does anyone know what this is actually about?
<br />

Sontona

Just to Clarify, im not trying to give false hope or anything. I have CF, and would love for this to be true. Im looking for people who have heard about this and can give me information regarding it

Sontona

Just to Clarify, im not trying to give false hope or anything. I have CF, and would love for this to be true. Im looking for people who have heard about this and can give me information regarding it

Sontona

Sontona

Sontona

Jeana

I found quite a few articles about using pigs to try to cure CF. Apparently, CF affects pigs in the same way it affects humans, so they gave CF to the pigs are are studying them as of Sept-Oct 2008. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they are anywhere near a cure, but any step forward helps.

Just do a search for "pig cystic fibrosis cure" and it brings up a bunch of articles about what they are doing in that regard. I tried to post a link to one but it didn't work. Sorry.

Jeana

I found quite a few articles about using pigs to try to cure CF. Apparently, CF affects pigs in the same way it affects humans, so they gave CF to the pigs are are studying them as of Sept-Oct 2008. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they are anywhere near a cure, but any step forward helps.

Just do a search for "pig cystic fibrosis cure" and it brings up a bunch of articles about what they are doing in that regard. I tried to post a link to one but it didn't work. Sorry.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />Just do a search for "pig cystic fibrosis cure" and it brings up a bunch of articles about what they are doing in that regard. I tried to post a link to one but it didn't work. Sorry.
<br />
<br />
<br />

58long

I haven't heard of this but would love to hear more about it. As far as I understand some researchers had come close to something a while ago involving gene therapy. The idea was to replace the mutated genes with clones of healthy genes. In theory it worked, but the problem was coming up with a way to deliver it throughout the body. The genes are in our DNA and DNA is in every cell of the body. I think they were successful in taking one cell and surgically replacing the mutation, but there is no way yet to apply that treatment to the whole body. I'm very interested in anything to find a cure as i'm sure everyone else is.

I started contributing to Folding@home research. Scientists at Standford University are studying protein folding. If they can better understand why the genes mutate maybe they can find a way to make them all reform correctly? Its all i can think of to help. If you want more info just google folding@home and read up on it. if your interested join my team! info is in my signature

58long

I haven't heard of this but would love to hear more about it. As far as I understand some researchers had come close to something a while ago involving gene therapy. The idea was to replace the mutated genes with clones of healthy genes. In theory it worked, but the problem was coming up with a way to deliver it throughout the body. The genes are in our DNA and DNA is in every cell of the body. I think they were successful in taking one cell and surgically replacing the mutation, but there is no way yet to apply that treatment to the whole body. I'm very interested in anything to find a cure as i'm sure everyone else is.

I started contributing to Folding@home research. Scientists at Standford University are studying protein folding. If they can better understand why the genes mutate maybe they can find a way to make them all reform correctly? Its all i can think of to help. If you want more info just google folding@home and read up on it. if your interested join my team! info is in my signature

58long

58long

58long

<br />
<br />I started contributing to Folding@home research. Scientists at Standford University are studying protein folding. If they can better understand why the genes mutate maybe they can find a way to make them all reform correctly? Its all i can think of to help. If you want more info just google folding@home and read up on it. if your interested join my team! info is in my signature