Daily medications

robert321

i know this isn't what you origionally posted about and i might be poking a bear but the ibuprophen is hard on the liver, really hard. The zythromax is what most of the drs have started putting people on instead of the ibuprofen. It has the anti-inflamitory atributes as well as its an antibiotic to ward off bugs, i would ask your sons dr about switching over to that. I don't know your personal circumstances so i don't know if there is extinuating circumstances making ibuprofen a better choice or not so please don't be offended i was just throwing that out there

btw i'm on....

zythromax 2 on monday wednesday friday
rantidine (knock-off zantac)
albuterol nebulized
albuterol inhaler
pulmozime
hypertonic saline 7%
and i'm sure i'm forgetting something

occasionally when i'm sick or whatever i'm on...

TOBI
cipro

robert321

i know this isn't what you origionally posted about and i might be poking a bear but the ibuprophen is hard on the liver, really hard. The zythromax is what most of the drs have started putting people on instead of the ibuprofen. It has the anti-inflamitory atributes as well as its an antibiotic to ward off bugs, i would ask your sons dr about switching over to that. I don't know your personal circumstances so i don't know if there is extinuating circumstances making ibuprofen a better choice or not so please don't be offended i was just throwing that out there

btw i'm on....

albuterol nebulized
albuterol inhaler
pulmozime
hypertonic saline 7%

TOBI
cipro

robert321

btw i'm on....

albuterol nebulized
albuterol inhaler
pulmozime
hypertonic saline 7%

TOBI
cipro

robert321

btw i'm on....

albuterol nebulized
albuterol inhaler
pulmozime
hypertonic saline 7%

TOBI
cipro

pnhuffman

Thats funny Robert 321 that you said that because i was telling my husband that i havent really noticed anyone else using the Ibprofen. And told him about the zithromax. I am not offended. I am here to find inforamtion out. And every comment is helping.

Before Austin started the Ibprofen therapy he had to go into the hospital for a 5 hour stay. They drew blood from his IV at certain hours and then thats how they decided how much to use for him. He takes 600mg 2 times a day. Thats also why they put him back on Prevacid. He used to take 15 mg and now he takes 30 mg of prevacid. He goes back to the doctor on July 24 so i will be sure to ask him about the zithromax.

I did question alot about the ibprofen. Liek what do i use if he gets sick with a fever or needs pain medication. They told me that it usually is only really effective between the ages of 6 and 12. And usually not as effective when they hit puberty. So maybe that has something to do with it.

pnhuffman

Thats funny Robert 321 that you said that because i was telling my husband that i havent really noticed anyone else using the Ibprofen. And told him about the zithromax. I am not offended. I am here to find inforamtion out. And every comment is helping.

Before Austin started the Ibprofen therapy he had to go into the hospital for a 5 hour stay. They drew blood from his IV at certain hours and then thats how they decided how much to use for him. He takes 600mg 2 times a day. Thats also why they put him back on Prevacid. He used to take 15 mg and now he takes 30 mg of prevacid. He goes back to the doctor on July 24 so i will be sure to ask him about the zithromax.

I did question alot about the ibprofen. Liek what do i use if he gets sick with a fever or needs pain medication. They told me that it usually is only really effective between the ages of 6 and 12. And usually not as effective when they hit puberty. So maybe that has something to do with it.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

tara

Ok, I'm not a child, but I'll list my meds anyway. And, about the Ibuprofin. I was on 800mg twice a day for about 8 years, from age 20-28. I stopped taking it when before I got pregnant, and then after the pregnancy, I asked my CF doctor about going back on it and he said no. Stick with the Zithro. But I'm obviously out of the prepubescent age range. And I have not noticed a difference, so it must not have been doing anything for me.

Here are my current meds:

Singulair
Ultrase MT20 (2-3 w/meals, 1-2 w/ snacks)
2 AquaDEK once a day
500mg Zithromax 3x a week
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
Hypertonic Saline 7% twice a day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
1g Aztreonam Nebulizer (one month on one month off)
SmartVest 3x/day
Rozerem 8mg once/day (sleeping pill)
Restoril (occasionally, when the Rozerem doesn't cut it)
Miralax
birth control pill
Saline nasal rinse once a day (I prefer to do this in the shower)
Flonase (2 sprays each nostril once a day)
I also have a Xop MDI as needed. (usually only if I'm out and about and have to skip my afternoon treatment)

Tara

tara

Ok, I'm not a child, but I'll list my meds anyway. And, about the Ibuprofin. I was on 800mg twice a day for about 8 years, from age 20-28. I stopped taking it when before I got pregnant, and then after the pregnancy, I asked my CF doctor about going back on it and he said no. Stick with the Zithro. But I'm obviously out of the prepubescent age range. And I have not noticed a difference, so it must not have been doing anything for me.

Singulair
2 AquaDEK once a day
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
SmartVest 3x/day
Miralax
birth control pill
I also have a Xop MDI as needed. (usually only if I'm out and about and have to skip my afternoon treatment)

Tara

tara

Singulair
2 AquaDEK once a day
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
SmartVest 3x/day
Miralax
birth control pill

Tara

tara

Singulair
2 AquaDEK once a day
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
SmartVest 3x/day
Miralax
birth control pill

Tara

tara

Singulair
2 AquaDEK once a day
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
SmartVest 3x/day
Miralax
birth control pill

Tara

tara

Singulair
2 AquaDEK once a day
Xopenex 3x/day
Pulmozyme 1x/day
600mg Calcium
Fossamax (once a week)
SmartVest 3x/day
Miralax
birth control pill

Tara

amber682

Hi! My son is about 2 and1/2 years old.
In the AM he does:
-zantac
-claritin
-ADEKs
-albuterol
-pulmozyme
-chest PT
-QVar (inhaler)

and then in the PM he does:
-zantac
-albuterol
-chest PT
-QVar

Plus he takes Creon 10, usually 3 with meals and 2 with snacks.

amber682

In the AM he does:
-zantac
-claritin
-ADEKs
-albuterol
-pulmozyme
-chest PT
-QVar (inhaler)

-zantac
-albuterol
-chest PT
-QVar

amber682

In the AM he does:
-zantac
-claritin
-ADEKs
-albuterol
-pulmozyme
-chest PT
-QVar (inhaler)

-zantac
-albuterol
-chest PT
-QVar

amber682

In the AM he does:
-zantac
-claritin
-ADEKs
-albuterol
-pulmozyme
-chest PT
-QVar (inhaler)

-zantac
-albuterol
-chest PT
-QVar