dairy=thicker mucus?

MaksNana

Hi everybody! Katie here having to use my moms login AGAIN lol. I don't know why it wont let me sign her out!

Anyways, I recently was told at a Whole Foods store by an employee that dairy makes mucus thicker. I was wondering what yall's opinion on that was. I'm hoping it might be some help but don't want to get my hopes up. Also, is there any other natural remedies you do to help? Thanks!

MaksNana

Hi everybody! Katie here having to use my moms login AGAIN lol. I don't know why it wont let me sign her out!

Anyways, I recently was told at a Whole Foods store by an employee that dairy makes mucus thicker. I was wondering what yall's opinion on that was. I'm hoping it might be some help but don't want to get my hopes up. Also, is there any other natural remedies you do to help? Thanks!

MaksNana

MaksNana

MaksNana

<br />
<br />Anyways, I recently was told at a Whole Foods store by an employee that dairy makes mucus thicker. I was wondering what yall's opinion on that was. I'm hoping it might be some help but don't want to get my hopes up. Also, is there any other natural remedies you do to help? Thanks!
<br />
<br />

JazzysMom

Milk & Mucous has always been in ??. Depending on who you speak with depends on the answer.

As to any real scientic proof? I dont know. I adore my dairy/milk. I also feel a difference when drinking/eating it.

I cant really say if its more or thicker, but I cough no ?? about it.

I suppose some could be allergic reactions &/or inflammation & not necessarily the mucous itself.

Guess I havent helped much except to let you know that unless someone can supply "proof" that one persons opinion is just that.....

JazzysMom

Milk & Mucous has always been in ??. Depending on who you speak with depends on the answer.

As to any real scientic proof? I dont know. I adore my dairy/milk. I also feel a difference when drinking/eating it.

I suppose some could be allergic reactions &/or inflammation & not necessarily the mucous itself.

Guess I havent helped much except to let you know that unless someone can supply "proof" that one persons opinion is just that.....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />As to any real scientic proof? I dont know. I adore my dairy/milk. I also feel a difference when drinking/eating it.
<br />
<br />I cant really say if its more or thicker, but I cough no ?? about it.
<br />
<br />I suppose some could be allergic reactions &/or inflammation & not necessarily the mucous itself.
<br />
<br />Guess I havent helped much except to let you know that unless someone can supply "proof" that one persons opinion is just that.....

M

Mommafirst

Well I think Mel has said it all. Its an old wives tale that has no scientific proof -- but may have some anecdotal evidence to support it. I'd suspect that allergies or sensitivities are likely part of it. If your daughter does well with dairy, I wouldn't remove it from her diet since it is such a good source of protein and fats necessary for gaining weight.

M

Mommafirst

Well I think Mel has said it all. Its an old wives tale that has no scientific proof -- but may have some anecdotal evidence to support it. I'd suspect that allergies or sensitivities are likely part of it. If your daughter does well with dairy, I wouldn't remove it from her diet since it is such a good source of protein and fats necessary for gaining weight.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

ashmomo

I always heard that, even non CF people, should avoid milk when congested cuz it causes it to get worse. I do agree, and I do no have CF, that if I drink milk when sick with congestion I do get more congested, whether it is beacuse it is thicker or just more, I do not know. That is just my experience. Hope it helps you out!

ashmomo

I always heard that, even non CF people, should avoid milk when congested cuz it causes it to get worse. I do agree, and I do no have CF, that if I drink milk when sick with congestion I do get more congested, whether it is beacuse it is thicker or just more, I do not know. That is just my experience. Hope it helps you out!

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo