Daughter stopped taking creon

lmattaway

I also concur with AJ and Mary. I remember deciding I wasn't going to take my enzymes because I wanted to lose weight (yea, I know, not a very healthy way to do it) in high school. I lasted about a week before the stomach aches and gas convinced me this was not the way to go about things. I'm pretty sure most teenage CF girls go through this at some point for one reason or another. My guess is it won't last too long.

lmattaway

I also concur with AJ and Mary. I remember deciding I wasn't going to take my enzymes because I wanted to lose weight (yea, I know, not a very healthy way to do it) in high school. I lasted about a week before the stomach aches and gas convinced me this was not the way to go about things. I'm pretty sure most teenage CF girls go through this at some point for one reason or another. My guess is it won't last too long.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

Solo

I remember distinctly when I was 17 and I told my docs that when I turn 18, I'll be an adult so my parents can no longer make my do my treatments. I just wanted to be a normal teenager, like AJ said it's normal for a kid to rebel in some way.

Believe me, nothing you can say will matter the least to your daughter, she has to actually go through it on her own. Tough love.

Just like my docs told me- just because you are officially an adult, does not mean your CF will magically disappear. The game doesn't change at all; you have CF all your life, but the player changes, and how you decide to play the game. Do you want to win (do your treatments, take your enzymes) or lose?(Neglect everything)

Solo

I remember distinctly when I was 17 and I told my docs that when I turn 18, I'll be an adult so my parents can no longer make my do my treatments. I just wanted to be a normal teenager, like AJ said it's normal for a kid to rebel in some way.

Believe me, nothing you can say will matter the least to your daughter, she has to actually go through it on her own. Tough love.

Just like my docs told me- just because you are officially an adult, does not mean your CF will magically disappear. The game doesn't change at all; you have CF all your life, but the player changes, and how you decide to play the game. Do you want to win (do your treatments, take your enzymes) or lose?(Neglect everything)

Solo

Solo

Solo

<br />
<br />Believe me, nothing you can say will matter the least to your daughter, she has to actually go through it on her own. Tough love.
<br />
<br />Just like my docs told me- just because you are officially an adult, does not mean your CF will magically disappear. The game doesn't change at all; you have CF all your life, but the player changes, and how you decide to play the game. Do you want to win (do your treatments, take your enzymes) or lose?(Neglect everything)
<br />

U

uwrong1053

Trust me it is a phase they go through, unfortunately you have tolet her be and make the decision on her own
I rarely ever take my creon and Im just fine the doctor suggests it but i usually dont take it unless Im in the hospital.

U

uwrong1053

Trust me it is a phase they go through, unfortunately you have tolet her be and make the decision on her own
I rarely ever take my creon and Im just fine the doctor suggests it but i usually dont take it unless Im in the hospital.

U

uwrong1053

U

uwrong1053

U

uwrong1053

<br />I rarely ever take my creon and Im just fine the doctor suggests it but i usually dont take it unless Im in the hospital.

S

sdelorenzo

Lisa Greene's book - "Parenting Children with Health Issues" is exactly what you need. You can get it on Amazon.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 1 month, no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Lisa Greene's book - "Parenting Children with Health Issues" is exactly what you need. You can get it on Amazon.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 1 month, no cf