Daycare?

jennc0315

Logan is now 2 and has been in a daycare center since he was 2 months old... Yes the first couple of months were hard but he wasnt diagnosed with CF til 4 months.. We thought he was getting sick because he was exposed to more germs etc.. We had gone through the same thing with our older son.

The Daycare we are in is WONDERFUL!! Very clean, gloves, sanitized toys, changing areas, etc (same as described above in the home setting). They do his CPT, inhaler treatments they would even do it via Nebulizer if we had an extra one. I like that he gets to interact and play with other adults and children. Does he get sick? Yes, the biggest problem we have had in the past year is ear infections that would cause upper respiratory infections. He now has tubes so hopefully it will be better.

Do I want to keep him at home with me, protecting him... Oh Yes! I would give anything to do that but unfortunately that isnt possible. So we do the best we can and be grateful that we have a wonderful daycare. The girls at the daycare actually participated in the Great Strides walk with us.

I know this probably doesnt help to make your decision any easier but it lets you know that great home and center based daycares do exist.

Take care and good luck
Jenn

jennc0315

Logan is now 2 and has been in a daycare center since he was 2 months old... Yes the first couple of months were hard but he wasnt diagnosed with CF til 4 months.. We thought he was getting sick because he was exposed to more germs etc.. We had gone through the same thing with our older son.

The Daycare we are in is WONDERFUL!! Very clean, gloves, sanitized toys, changing areas, etc (same as described above in the home setting). They do his CPT, inhaler treatments they would even do it via Nebulizer if we had an extra one. I like that he gets to interact and play with other adults and children. Does he get sick? Yes, the biggest problem we have had in the past year is ear infections that would cause upper respiratory infections. He now has tubes so hopefully it will be better.

Do I want to keep him at home with me, protecting him... Oh Yes! I would give anything to do that but unfortunately that isnt possible. So we do the best we can and be grateful that we have a wonderful daycare. The girls at the daycare actually participated in the Great Strides walk with us.

I know this probably doesnt help to make your decision any easier but it lets you know that great home and center based daycares do exist.

Take care and good luck
Jenn

jennc0315

Take care and good luck
Jenn

jennc0315

Take care and good luck
Jenn

jennc0315

<br />
<br />The Daycare we are in is WONDERFUL!! Very clean, gloves, sanitized toys, changing areas, etc (same as described above in the home setting). They do his CPT, inhaler treatments they would even do it via Nebulizer if we had an extra one. I like that he gets to interact and play with other adults and children. Does he get sick? Yes, the biggest problem we have had in the past year is ear infections that would cause upper respiratory infections. He now has tubes so hopefully it will be better.
<br />
<br />Do I want to keep him at home with me, protecting him... Oh Yes! I would give anything to do that but unfortunately that isnt possible. So we do the best we can and be grateful that we have a wonderful daycare. The girls at the daycare actually participated in the Great Strides walk with us.
<br />
<br />I know this probably doesnt help to make your decision any easier but it lets you know that great home and center based daycares do exist.
<br />
<br />Take care and good luck
<br />Jenn

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My daughter is going back to work part time and Graycie will be staying with Pappy. Since we have been involved with Graycie's care since the very beginning it makes more sense to have her pappy watch her. It will be a good time for both of them. We are pretty paranoid with who watches her. She is only 16months old but spent the first 6 months of her life in the NICU so I guess we are a bit overprotective. Do you have family available that you trust to leave your baby with? I would rather watch my granddaughters, then have anyone else do it. Momma Bear syndrome I guess! I know this wouldn't work for all families but my husband is disabled and can handle watching her. After watching the twins, Graycie seems like a breeze. LOL

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My daughter is going back to work part time and Graycie will be staying with Pappy. Since we have been involved with Graycie's care since the very beginning it makes more sense to have her pappy watch her. It will be a good time for both of them. We are pretty paranoid with who watches her. She is only 16months old but spent the first 6 months of her life in the NICU so I guess we are a bit overprotective. Do you have family available that you trust to leave your baby with? I would rather watch my granddaughters, then have anyone else do it. Momma Bear syndrome I guess! I know this wouldn't work for all families but my husband is disabled and can handle watching her. After watching the twins, Graycie seems like a breeze. LOL

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

amityvsvenom

I do whatever I can to be a stay at home mom for my daughter. She is 1 year old now and I am still home with her, everyday. We are just now looking into the respite. Maybe having a nurse come (because she has a g tube we can get this program) to my house and watch her for up to 8 hours at a time. I would try to avoid day care at all costs!

amityvsvenom

I do whatever I can to be a stay at home mom for my daughter. She is 1 year old now and I am still home with her, everyday. We are just now looking into the respite. Maybe having a nurse come (because she has a g tube we can get this program) to my house and watch her for up to 8 hours at a time. I would try to avoid day care at all costs!

amityvsvenom

amityvsvenom

amityvsvenom

julieann1966

It is definately a hard decision especially when you feel you have no choice, for us we decided to do without our second car and to make cut backs so that I can stay home all day with our daughter and then when my husband comes home I go out and work 3 evenings a week. When we worked out how much daycare would cost (not including the stress), factored in the second car, wardrobe etc, we found it wasn't as hard an adjustment as we had at first aniticipated. At the end of the day you still have to be able to afford to live but you also have to be able to live with yourself and the decision you make.

Good luck and thinnking of you with a difficult choice to make.

julieann1966

It is definately a hard decision especially when you feel you have no choice, for us we decided to do without our second car and to make cut backs so that I can stay home all day with our daughter and then when my husband comes home I go out and work 3 evenings a week. When we worked out how much daycare would cost (not including the stress), factored in the second car, wardrobe etc, we found it wasn't as hard an adjustment as we had at first aniticipated. At the end of the day you still have to be able to afford to live but you also have to be able to live with yourself and the decision you make.

julieann1966

julieann1966

julieann1966

<br />
<br />Good luck and thinnking of you with a difficult choice to make.