DDF508

LMG453

Just curious, who on this site is DDF508. Also, if you don't mind telling me your age, fev1, and when you were diagnosed. My hubby is DDf508, he is 43, and was diagnosed at 9 months. His fev1 is 55%. He also has cfrd. Thanks!

LMG453

Just curious, who on this site is DDF508. Also, if you don't mind telling me your age, fev1, and when you were diagnosed. My hubby is DDf508, he is 43, and was diagnosed at 9 months. His fev1 is 55%. He also has cfrd. Thanks!

Incomudrox

I'm not sure how much it will help you as the direct relationship between genotype and phenotype (if any) is not know. However it sounds like your husband is doing pretty good for his age. For the record I'm not Homozygous DF508.

Incomudrox

I'm not sure how much it will help you as the direct relationship between genotype and phenotype (if any) is not know. However it sounds like your husband is doing pretty good for his age. For the record I'm not Homozygous DF508.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
*raises hand* I'm 20. FEV1 is 68% Diagnosed at 7 months old. I have CFRD as well.

Deltaf508 is the most common mutation in CF. I'm not sure about the exact statistics but many CFer's have at least one copy of Deltaf508. Others, like me, have two copies which makes it DDF508.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
*raises hand* I'm 20. FEV1 is 68% Diagnosed at 7 months old. I have CFRD as well.

Deltaf508 is the most common mutation in CF. I'm not sure about the exact statistics but many CFer's have at least one copy of Deltaf508. Others, like me, have two copies which makes it DDF508.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Havoc

IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know.

Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.

Havoc

IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know.

Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know. Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.</end quote>

Heterozygous (DF508) is 90% of the population globablly.
Homozygous (DDF508) is around 70% in Europe but around 40%~ in the US.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know. Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.</end quote>

Heterozygous (DF508) is 90% of the population globablly.
Homozygous (DDF508) is around 70% in Europe but around 40%~ in the US.

imported_Momto2

DD508 here. 40 years old, FEV around 60-65%, was down to about 45% in 2010. Diganosed at 3 months.
I wont bore you with the laundry list of medical annoyances. Important thing is I feel pretty good in the NOW.

imported_Momto2

DD508 here. 40 years old, FEV around 60-65%, was down to about 45% in 2010. Diganosed at 3 months.
I wont bore you with the laundry list of medical annoyances. Important thing is I feel pretty good in the NOW.

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know. Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.</end quote> Heterozygous (DF508) is 90% of the population globablly. Homozygous (DDF508) is around 70% in Europe but around 40%~ in the US.</end quote>

Hah, I was a little off. Thanks for looking that up.

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i> IIRC, DF508 is found in ~37% of the population in North America. What the prevalence of double delta's is, I don't know. Incomudrox is correct, there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between genotype and phenotype.</end quote> Heterozygous (DF508) is 90% of the population globablly. Homozygous (DDF508) is around 70% in Europe but around 40%~ in the US.</end quote>

Hah, I was a little off. Thanks for looking that up.