Death??

hwilson19

So I'm in the hospital, have been for 3 days now. Only in because I'm aneamic so just need a boost of iron and some IVs and I'll be okay. However there's one person next door to me, I don't know if its a she or he or how old, I do know they have CF and are quite young and hasn't got long left... this scares the bejesus out of me.I've come outside as I need to get out of the unit... the atmosphere is slightly tense and endless of relatives coming in and out, even breaking their heart crying. And I'm praying for them really praying... I just don't know what to say or do, I don't want to be there, is that wrong? Its terrifying and I haven't slept a wink. All I hear is the machines going off and running footsteps during the night. I feel quiet scared now, is that is what it comes to? Screaming in pain and endless of drugs being pumped into you? I hate CF sometimes, and i'd never wish this upon anyone, I just wish I could take it all away from them and I don't even know them. Its a Sad time, and its such a beautiful day outside.
I'm not quite sure why I'm sharing this, guess I needed to get off my chest. God bless you all x

Hannah 19 w/cf

hwilson19

So I'm in the hospital, have been for 3 days now. Only in because I'm aneamic so just need a boost of iron and some IVs and I'll be okay. However there's one person next door to me, I don't know if its a she or he or how old, I do know they have CF and are quite young and hasn't got long left... this scares the bejesus out of me.I've come outside as I need to get out of the unit... the atmosphere is slightly tense and endless of relatives coming in and out, even breaking their heart crying. And I'm praying for them really praying... I just don't know what to say or do, I don't want to be there, is that wrong? Its terrifying and I haven't slept a wink. All I hear is the machines going off and running footsteps during the night. I feel quiet scared now, is that is what it comes to? Screaming in pain and endless of drugs being pumped into you? I hate CF sometimes, and i'd never wish this upon anyone, I just wish I could take it all away from them and I don't even know them. Its a Sad time, and its such a beautiful day outside.
I'm not quite sure why I'm sharing this, guess I needed to get off my chest. God bless you all x

Hannah 19 w/cf

hwilson19

<br />I'm not quite sure why I'm sharing this, guess I needed to get off my chest. God bless you all x
<br />
<br />Hannah 19 w/cf

LouLou

In the US you're not placed directly next door to another cfer mostly because of cross contamination fear. You should request a room change if you'll be there much longer. Hopefully they aren't using the same nurses for you and she. Make sure people gown and glove before coming in your room...even food service.

LouLou

In the US you're not placed directly next door to another cfer mostly because of cross contamination fear. You should request a room change if you'll be there much longer. Hopefully they aren't using the same nurses for you and she. Make sure people gown and glove before coming in your room...even food service.

LouLou

hwilson19

Sorry I should have made it clear, not directly next door, we are all in cubicles, just the walls aren't very thick. We are very strict on cross infection control. X

Hannah 19 w/cf

hwilson19

Sorry I should have made it clear, not directly next door, we are all in cubicles, just the walls aren't very thick. We are very strict on cross infection control. X

Hannah 19 w/cf

hwilson19

<br />
<br />Hannah 19 w/cf

mom2lillian

cubicles like not completely closed off?

Maybe get an MP3 player or some ear phones, I have done that before when there was a 'screamer' in teh hospital floor where I was at.

mom2lillian

Maybe get an MP3 player or some ear phones, I have done that before when there was a 'screamer' in teh hospital floor where I was at.

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Maybe get an MP3 player or some ear phones, I have done that before when there was a 'screamer' in teh hospital floor where I was at.

missT

Hannah, oh, I am sooo sorry that you are going through this and also I feel for the CFer and his/her family. I was in the hospital a few years ago for pancreatitis and they put me next to this 100 year old woman who was going through the dying process. It was not peaceful at all...and she had no family so it was basically her and I. Who knows what life has in store for each of us? someone on this site said that "we come into the world struggling and we go out the same way". I think about you question all the time. Not only dont I want to suffer but it kills me to think my family will have to see it too. On an interesting note...I hear they put you on massive amounts of pain meds to ease a person into death. Well, when my lung collapsed every pain med they administered made my puke-violently. Change your room to another floor.....

missT

Hannah, oh, I am sooo sorry that you are going through this and also I feel for the CFer and his/her family. I was in the hospital a few years ago for pancreatitis and they put me next to this 100 year old woman who was going through the dying process. It was not peaceful at all...and she had no family so it was basically her and I. Who knows what life has in store for each of us? someone on this site said that "we come into the world struggling and we go out the same way". I think about you question all the time. Not only dont I want to suffer but it kills me to think my family will have to see it too. On an interesting note...I hear they put you on massive amounts of pain meds to ease a person into death. Well, when my lung collapsed every pain med they administered made my puke-violently. Change your room to another floor.....

missT

static

I know this is not the most pleasent topic, but thank you for bringing this up.

It is quite fascinating to get a first hand view of death. I got mine about two years ago when my grandfather died. I was with him the day before his death and he seemed perfectly fine, then the next morning the EMT called me and I found him hunched over the bathtub with some type of ooze on the floor.

Since then I often wondered how I am going to die when the time comes. Looking it up on google just seems so meaningless, there is no emotion involved in scientific text. I can only imagine what it is like for you right now, seeing a possible outcome of what it is like to die with CF. If anthing good shall come of this, I hope it encourages you to continue fighting for many years to come. It helped me for a short time after my grandfather passed.

static

It is quite fascinating to get a first hand view of death. I got mine about two years ago when my grandfather died. I was with him the day before his death and he seemed perfectly fine, then the next morning the EMT called me and I found him hunched over the bathtub with some type of ooze on the floor.

Since then I often wondered how I am going to die when the time comes. Looking it up on google just seems so meaningless, there is no emotion involved in scientific text. I can only imagine what it is like for you right now, seeing a possible outcome of what it is like to die with CF. If anthing good shall come of this, I hope it encourages you to continue fighting for many years to come. It helped me for a short time after my grandfather passed.

static

<br />
<br />It is quite fascinating to get a first hand view of death. I got mine about two years ago when my grandfather died. I was with him the day before his death and he seemed perfectly fine, then the next morning the EMT called me and I found him hunched over the bathtub with some type of ooze on the floor.
<br />
<br />Since then I often wondered how I am going to die when the time comes. Looking it up on google just seems so meaningless, there is no emotion involved in scientific text. I can only imagine what it is like for you right now, seeing a possible outcome of what it is like to die with CF. If anthing good shall come of this, I hope it encourages you to continue fighting for many years to come. It helped me for a short time after my grandfather passed.

P

pbpc95

Aww Hannah that's terrible. It would be hard enough listening to anyone going through the dying process, but to listen to someone that has CF has got to be scary. I know I wouldn't want to be that close to it all. I would definately get moved. I think the staff should be more considerate of you. Sure everyone dies, but we don't generally want a "preview" of how our life could end. Hang in there. I'm praying for you and the other CFer and your family......

P

pbpc95

Aww Hannah that's terrible. It would be hard enough listening to anyone going through the dying process, but to listen to someone that has CF has got to be scary. I know I wouldn't want to be that close to it all. I would definately get moved. I think the staff should be more considerate of you. Sure everyone dies, but we don't generally want a "preview" of how our life could end. Hang in there. I'm praying for you and the other CFer and your family......