Denied by Social Security

K

katethekid

It is hard to get it the first time, but definitely isn't protocol to be denied.

K

katethekid

It is hard to get it the first time, but definitely isn't protocol to be denied.

scanboyd

Approved on first go around, heard from them in about 3 wks. It was based on my FEV1 and the fact that I nebulized Tobi every other month. This was back in 2004. I called SSDI and applied and they ask me what my last day of employment was and I told them today, actually called from work. Letter from my Dr. ;and was easy process for me. They have guide lines and put a lot of weight on FEV1. Good luck!!

scanboyd

Approved on first go around, heard from them in about 3 wks. It was based on my FEV1 and the fact that I nebulized Tobi every other month. This was back in 2004. I called SSDI and applied and they ask me what my last day of employment was and I told them today, actually called from work. Letter from my Dr. ;and was easy process for me. They have guide lines and put a lot of weight on FEV1. Good luck!!

JustDucky

I too was approved first time, but had other severe problems as well, I was on O2 full time, BiPAP as well. My PFT's weren't great, so I am sure all of this contributed to approval. Yes, many people are denied the first time around, forgot the percentages, but it isn't impossible. Most people do better on appeal.....I hope you get benefits soon!

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

I too was approved first time, but had other severe problems as well, I was on O2 full time, BiPAP as well. My PFT's weren't great, so I am sure all of this contributed to approval. Yes, many people are denied the first time around, forgot the percentages, but it isn't impossible. Most people do better on appeal.....I hope you get benefits soon!

Jenn 40 wCF

Brad

I was approved on my first attempt also.

I had all my paper work in order . I went in and spent about a hour and half with a SS agent.

I also had my Doc write a letter to take with me then He offered 20 years of
Med Records.After it got to the point where send My Doc papers to file I was approved in 3 weeks.

When you go to your local SS office, take as many documents as you can.

Good Luck

Brad

I was approved on my first attempt also.

I had all my paper work in order . I went in and spent about a hour and half with a SS agent.

I also had my Doc write a letter to take with me then He offered 20 years of
Med Records.After it got to the point where send My Doc papers to file I was approved in 3 weeks.

When you go to your local SS office, take as many documents as you can.

Good Luck

ONELIFETOLIVE

I suggest you send letters to your Federal representative and senator. Make a copy for your friends & family and have them send in the letters also. List out your medical problems and Dr. information. Wait a couple of weeks and do it all over again. After several rounds of letters, call and identify yourself. Your representative is supposed to "work for you" and unless they know & understand what a person has to do to get approval, they ignore issues. It shouldn't be this hard for someone to get SSDI but this is an area where everyone wants to cut spending! Send letters to the editor to your local newspaper also. The more people who know the better off all of us will be. Good luck!

ONELIFETOLIVE

I suggest you send letters to your Federal representative and senator. Make a copy for your friends & family and have them send in the letters also. List out your medical problems and Dr. information. Wait a couple of weeks and do it all over again. After several rounds of letters, call and identify yourself. Your representative is supposed to "work for you" and unless they know & understand what a person has to do to get approval, they ignore issues. It shouldn't be this hard for someone to get SSDI but this is an area where everyone wants to cut spending! Send letters to the editor to your local newspaper also. The more people who know the better off all of us will be. Good luck!

semnle34

Thank you to everyone who responded. I have been told different things from everyone but heard denials are common the first time. I met two out of the three stipulations under the CF SSI disability requirements. I cant for the life of me understand how they came to their decision. I did my appeal and I have Beth and Lauren on the case. I am hoping for a better shot now the second time around. I had to get more medical records and mail them to SSDI. I really think it depends on where you live too. I was told that Florida {where I live} is very difficult due to all the people abusing the system. Some states are easier than others. The second appeal is reviewed by different people so Im hoping this time around someone will actually READS the 500+ pages I sent. I also filed the first time in person but that apparently didnt make a difference. He was just an intake guy and had nothing to do with the decision. I will keep everyone posted. I am def going to contact my legislation and try to get some of these issues resolved so no other CF patients have to jump through hoops like we are freakin circus animals. CF is an accepted disability listed in SSI's book so why dont they accept it.......Ughhhhhhh Thanks again to all.

semnle34

Thank you to everyone who responded. I have been told different things from everyone but heard denials are common the first time. I met two out of the three stipulations under the CF SSI disability requirements. I cant for the life of me understand how they came to their decision. I did my appeal and I have Beth and Lauren on the case. I am hoping for a better shot now the second time around. I had to get more medical records and mail them to SSDI. I really think it depends on where you live too. I was told that Florida {where I live} is very difficult due to all the people abusing the system. Some states are easier than others. The second appeal is reviewed by different people so Im hoping this time around someone will actually READS the 500+ pages I sent. I also filed the first time in person but that apparently didnt make a difference. He was just an intake guy and had nothing to do with the decision. I will keep everyone posted. I am def going to contact my legislation and try to get some of these issues resolved so no other CF patients have to jump through hoops like we are freakin circus animals. CF is an accepted disability listed in SSI's book so why dont they accept it.......Ughhhhhhh Thanks again to all.

semnle34

500 pages was from the last year. Clinical notes, PFT's, Hospitalizations, Cultures etc....they want stuff from every doctor treating me. My chart is like 8 volumes thank god they only wanted the past year.

semnle34

500 pages was from the last year. Clinical notes, PFT's, Hospitalizations, Cultures etc....they want stuff from every doctor treating me. My chart is like 8 volumes thank god they only wanted the past year.