Denied by Social Security

Hardak

yeah not uncommon with a CFer to have volumes of charts if they are going though a rougher time. Been a few times in my life I've averaged better then a volume of chart a month. lab's, tests, Ex rays, sergery's nurses notes. Nurses notes from a day in the hospital alone stack up fast.

Hardak

yeah not uncommon with a CFer to have volumes of charts if they are going though a rougher time. Been a few times in my life I've averaged better then a volume of chart a month. lab's, tests, Ex rays, sergery's nurses notes. Nurses notes from a day in the hospital alone stack up fast.

anthonyeric

I am 19, and applied march of 2011 online. Got accepted in aug of 2011. It was a very smooth process. My pfts are good. I was hospitalized a year ago and put on IVs along with doing tobi every other month. Does anyone know how long I will be on SSDI before they reevaluate?

anthonyeric

I am 19, and applied march of 2011 online. Got accepted in aug of 2011. It was a very smooth process. My pfts are good. I was hospitalized a year ago and put on IVs along with doing tobi every other month. Does anyone know how long I will be on SSDI before they reevaluate?

julie

Of the 54 cases DAFCF has taken on from initial application and eventually won, 49 were denied on initial application. Of those 49, 36 were denied on first appeal. Of those 36 some were won in a subsequent appeal, and others were won in a hearing (some states allow for a 2nd appeal at the DDS level).

So being denied is the absolute norm. Having someone/some organization who knows how to word an appeal while taking into consideration the impairment listings and incorporate them into your appeal, is an absolute necessity.

If you haven't already contacted Beth Sufian, DAFCF would be happy to help! www.dafcf.org, email: services@dafcf.org

Robinranae

I've had SSI all 18 (almost) years of my life. I just had to go back to the office to switch over to the adult. The woman that has been working my case all these years told me that you will get a letter of decline usually and if you do then go through with the appeals process. However, I have not worked or anything. But they shouldn't decline you because the disability (CF) is permanent. You should at least get SOMETHING since you aren't working. Just talk to your case worker and go from there. Best of luck!