Dental Problems from Meds?

RistaGirly

I was curious as to if other CFers have any dental problems?
I wasn't sure if its just me and my overly sensitive teeth, or if its the meds destroying our teeth?

RistaGirly

I wasn't sure if its just me and my overly sensitive teeth, or if its the meds destroying our teeth?

RistaGirly

<br />I wasn't sure if its just me and my overly sensitive teeth, or if its the meds destroying our teeth?

ashmomo

My 1 year old seems to be having problems with the teeth coming in...not sure what is causing it yet??
Could be iron or antibiotics...

ashmomo

My 1 year old seems to be having problems with the teeth coming in...not sure what is causing it yet??
Could be iron or antibiotics...

ashmomo

<br />Could be iron or antibiotics...

jbrandonAW

I have awful teeth! I have been told is b/c of vitamin deficiency and meds. It sucks b/c it seems that no matter what I do to take care of my teeth they just get worse.

jbrandonAW

I have awful teeth! I have been told is b/c of vitamin deficiency and meds. It sucks b/c it seems that no matter what I do to take care of my teeth they just get worse.

jbrandonAW

missT

Hi, I am almost 40 and I have had so many problems with my teeth. I really always thought it was because I am irish....I don't think we will ever really know. I did know a guy when I was a kid who had stained teeth because of meds.

missT

Hi, I am almost 40 and I have had so many problems with my teeth. I really always thought it was because I am irish....I don't think we will ever really know. I did know a guy when I was a kid who had stained teeth because of meds.

missT

Jana

I read once--can't remember where--that cf patients generally have a lower incidence of cavities than the general population. However, the teeth tend to be discolored. According to wherever I read this, both are probably the result of early and frequent use of antibiotics.

Given my pathetic source on this, I can't claim to know it's accurate. However, it is true for me. My teeth are discolored, but I've only had a couple of cavities in my lifetime.

Jana

I read once--can't remember where--that cf patients generally have a lower incidence of cavities than the general population. However, the teeth tend to be discolored. According to wherever I read this, both are probably the result of early and frequent use of antibiotics.

Given my pathetic source on this, I can't claim to know it's accurate. However, it is true for me. My teeth are discolored, but I've only had a couple of cavities in my lifetime.

Jana

<br />
<br />Given my pathetic source on this, I can't claim to know it's accurate. However, it is true for me. My teeth are discolored, but I've only had a couple of cavities in my lifetime.

Shine

I'm the same.
My teeth are discoloured too.
I was told by a dentist some time ago that it's b/c of the meds i take and liquid vitamin E etc, that has discoloured my teeth over time.
Though I noticed about 6 months ago, some definite black marks on a 2 of my molars at the back.
Come to think of it, I've been getting a very dry mouth and have had no end of problems with fungal in mouth since I started taking Azithromycin a couple of years back.

Also I found out from my cf/asmatha doc that, Pulmicort(Budesonide)turbuhaler can cause loads of problems with teeth. She said I was more susceptible to cavities b/c of the pulmicort being a steroid and all. Sheesh why didn't they tell me this before!

Just out of curiosity...has any cfer had this happen to them while being on Azithromycin?

Shine

I'm the same.
My teeth are discoloured too.
I was told by a dentist some time ago that it's b/c of the meds i take and liquid vitamin E etc, that has discoloured my teeth over time.
Though I noticed about 6 months ago, some definite black marks on a 2 of my molars at the back.
Come to think of it, I've been getting a very dry mouth and have had no end of problems with fungal in mouth since I started taking Azithromycin a couple of years back.

Also I found out from my cf/asmatha doc that, Pulmicort(Budesonide)turbuhaler can cause loads of problems with teeth. She said I was more susceptible to cavities b/c of the pulmicort being a steroid and all. Sheesh why didn't they tell me this before!

Just out of curiosity...has any cfer had this happen to them while being on Azithromycin?