Denufosol: Anyone currently taking?

damiensmom

I think its a wonderfull thing. You can remember that you contributed to the fight for a better life not just for your child but the children to come.

Bunny

I am new at this, so please be patient. My son, Jacob, age 23, finished the 1 year drug study with Denufosol today. Unfortunately, there was not a significant difference between the drug and hypertonic saline 3%. It was a pains taking year trying to do 3 treatments of denufosol along with Pulmozyme and his TOBI rotation. However he was very complient. His large airways remain in very good shape, but the small airways still remained in the low numbers. We did notice that he coughed more often while on this drug--dry cough. Jacob is working on his masters-Ph.D and found he had no time to spare between school and treatments. While I believe that you need to be vigilent with your daily therapies, I also believe that you need a life. To have CF, Jacob has remained remarkably healthy. We are blessed with that. Bunny

Bunny

I am new at this, so please be patient. My son, Jacob, age 23, finished the 1 year drug study with Denufosol today. Unfortunately, there was not a significant difference between the drug and hypertonic saline 3%. It was a pains taking year trying to do 3 treatments of denufosol along with Pulmozyme and his TOBI rotation. However he was very complient. His large airways remain in very good shape, but the small airways still remained in the low numbers. We did notice that he coughed more often while on this drug--dry cough. Jacob is working on his masters-Ph.D and found he had no time to spare between school and treatments. While I believe that you need to be vigilent with your daily therapies, I also believe that you need a life. To have CF, Jacob has remained remarkably healthy. We are blessed with that. Bunny

Bunny

Bunny

Bunny