Disabilty after transplant

Joblazer86

anyone on disability after getting their lung transplant. if you are how are your pft's. im debating on going back b/c ive been hospitalized 3 times already this year and i dont have any paid time off anymore. it would just be easier to go back on it and find a part time job. does anyone have info on medicare?

Joblazer86

anyone on disability after getting their lung transplant. if you are how are your pft's. im debating on going back b/c ive been hospitalized 3 times already this year and i dont have any paid time off anymore. it would just be easier to go back on it and find a part time job. does anyone have info on medicare?

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

Transplantmommy

I am on disability but my lung function is good. I have way more problems to deal with than that. We are concerned that if I go back to work and have to put my son in daycare, that he would bring a lot of germs home to me and that would not be good with my transplant (double lung and liver). I also had to have my colon removed due to c-diff and am in the bathroom constantly, so that's another downer for me.

What info do you need on Medicare?

Transplantmommy

I am on disability but my lung function is good. I have way more problems to deal with than that. We are concerned that if I go back to work and have to put my son in daycare, that he would bring a lot of germs home to me and that would not be good with my transplant (double lung and liver). I also had to have my colon removed due to c-diff and am in the bathroom constantly, so that's another downer for me.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />What info do you need on Medicare?

coltsfan715

I am still on Disability and I am 2 years post. The only thing that has really varied is my supplemental income. I have worked a part time job since about 6-7 months post transplant as well. I have talked to the Social Security people and they basically won't take me off Disability at least at this point.

My PFTs right now are around 90% and have been since about 6 months post transplant.

I have medicare part A B and D and am also eligible for Unicare. I became eligible for that pre transplant and remain on it now. With Unicare (it is a supplemental prescription plan through medicare) my copays for meds range from $1 to about $3.50. If they are filed as primary when it comes to prescription coverage.

I also have United HealthCare which is considered Primary because I am working. So for medical care that is filed first but as I said my pharmacies tend to file Medicare first for my scripts.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am still on Disability and I am 2 years post. The only thing that has really varied is my supplemental income. I have worked a part time job since about 6-7 months post transplant as well. I have talked to the Social Security people and they basically won't take me off Disability at least at this point.

My PFTs right now are around 90% and have been since about 6 months post transplant.

I have medicare part A B and D and am also eligible for Unicare. I became eligible for that pre transplant and remain on it now. With Unicare (it is a supplemental prescription plan through medicare) my copays for meds range from $1 to about $3.50. If they are filed as primary when it comes to prescription coverage.

I also have United HealthCare which is considered Primary because I am working. So for medical care that is filed first but as I said my pharmacies tend to file Medicare first for my scripts.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />My PFTs right now are around 90% and have been since about 6 months post transplant.
<br />
<br />I have medicare part A B and D and am also eligible for Unicare. I became eligible for that pre transplant and remain on it now. With Unicare (it is a supplemental prescription plan through medicare) my copays for meds range from $1 to about $3.50. If they are filed as primary when it comes to prescription coverage.
<br />
<br />I also have United HealthCare which is considered Primary because I am working. So for medical care that is filed first but as I said my pharmacies tend to file Medicare first for my scripts.
<br />
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey