Do enyzymes cause stomach pain?

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TonyaH</b></i>
It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.</end quote></div>

I agree with this. Generally pain is: enzymes are not working; there are not enough enzymes; they're not the right kind, etc.

Emily65Roses

It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.</end quote></div>

I agree with this. Generally pain is: enzymes are not working; there are not enough enzymes; they're not the right kind, etc.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.</end quote>

Emily65Roses

<br />It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I agree with this. Generally pain is: enzymes are not working; there are not enough enzymes; they're not the right kind, etc.

coltsfan715

I would talk to the doc about this because yes it is possible that he needs to take more enzymes but there is a distinct difference in stomach cramps from gas or needing enzymes and having another issue with the enzymes.

When I was younger I started having severe cramps and they were entirely unexplained I took my enzymes as directed and they increased my dose still the same stomach pains. I ended up having a colonoscopy before it was all said and done to make sure I wasn't have colon problems.

You know how docs emphasize not taking too many enzymes - well they realized that taking to many for an extended period can cause (I think they told me) colon constriction or something along those lines. I would just talk to them and maybe ask your son in terms he can understand what hi stomach aches feel like. Are the "poop pains" or something else. You may think he won't be able to understand but he may surprise you.

I don't want to freak you out with that because it is unlikely because your son is on such a low dose BUT I still wanted to put it out there cause I know I went through that when I was younger. They never did find out what my issue was. It lasted for a few months and then just went away as quickly as it arose.

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I would talk to the doc about this because yes it is possible that he needs to take more enzymes but there is a distinct difference in stomach cramps from gas or needing enzymes and having another issue with the enzymes.

When I was younger I started having severe cramps and they were entirely unexplained I took my enzymes as directed and they increased my dose still the same stomach pains. I ended up having a colonoscopy before it was all said and done to make sure I wasn't have colon problems.

You know how docs emphasize not taking too many enzymes - well they realized that taking to many for an extended period can cause (I think they told me) colon constriction or something along those lines. I would just talk to them and maybe ask your son in terms he can understand what hi stomach aches feel like. Are the "poop pains" or something else. You may think he won't be able to understand but he may surprise you.

I don't want to freak you out with that because it is unlikely because your son is on such a low dose BUT I still wanted to put it out there cause I know I went through that when I was younger. They never did find out what my issue was. It lasted for a few months and then just went away as quickly as it arose.

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />When I was younger I started having severe cramps and they were entirely unexplained I took my enzymes as directed and they increased my dose still the same stomach pains. I ended up having a colonoscopy before it was all said and done to make sure I wasn't have colon problems.
<br />
<br />You know how docs emphasize not taking too many enzymes - well they realized that taking to many for an extended period can cause (I think they told me) colon constriction or something along those lines. I would just talk to them and maybe ask your son in terms he can understand what hi stomach aches feel like. Are the "poop pains" or something else. You may think he won't be able to understand but he may surprise you.
<br />
<br />I don't want to freak you out with that because it is unlikely because your son is on such a low dose BUT I still wanted to put it out there cause I know I went through that when I was younger. They never did find out what my issue was. It lasted for a few months and then just went away as quickly as it arose.
<br />
<br />Good Luck,
<br />Lindsey

Trevsmom

I know that when our doc perscribed Zantac in addition to the enzymes, Trev has had no food related tummy aches in about four months!!! He takes it twice a day in liquid form. Not the best tasting stuff, but it's made our life much more enjoyable!!

Trevsmom

I know that when our doc perscribed Zantac in addition to the enzymes, Trev has had no food related tummy aches in about four months!!! He takes it twice a day in liquid form. Not the best tasting stuff, but it's made our life much more enjoyable!!

Trevsmom

Trevsmom

Trevsmom

JennyCoulon

Maybe check with your doctor about acid reflux. This could cause the stomach to hurt. Both of my boys have been on meds for this since they were born and it seems to help block that acid. Just a thought.

JennyCoulon

Maybe check with your doctor about acid reflux. This could cause the stomach to hurt. Both of my boys have been on meds for this since they were born and it seems to help block that acid. Just a thought.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon