Do smokers piss you off?

sheanna

Okay seriously.

I was so absolutely glad when our town passed the smoke free laws a couple of years ago, because it meant I could actually go and spend time at the bars with my friends. I went to the British Isles a couple of years ago, and LOVED that the whole country is smoke free. And when I was over there, nobody complained. Here though, in hickville, all the cowboys whine about it constantly. God forbid you don't die of lung cancer.

So I don't know of you who have heard of Art Spiegelman, or the Maus books, but he is actually in our town tomorrow. I desperately want to go, but they purposely placed the sessions outside of town to get past the smoke free laws. Gee, maybe there's a reason for the ordinance? So just because a few smokers can't fight their addiction for like 2 hours, I can't go. I refuse to sit in a room having smoke blown in my face, and lose all the hard work I've put into treatments.

It frustrates me too that I spend an hour every day sucking on my nebulizer to PREVENT what these idiots are doing to their lungs. Not to mention I don't need to smell nasty smoke in my sinuses for three days just because I'm walking behind you on the way to class!

So what's more fair? Smokers walking the ten feet to go stand outside and smoke, or me having to stay at home all weekend while my friends go out? And besides, if people are so addicted that they are willing to go stand out in the freezing weather to have a smoke, they need to seriously evaluate their addictions.

Just thought I'd post that....I figured you all would understand.

sheanna

Okay seriously.

I was so absolutely glad when our town passed the smoke free laws a couple of years ago, because it meant I could actually go and spend time at the bars with my friends. I went to the British Isles a couple of years ago, and LOVED that the whole country is smoke free. And when I was over there, nobody complained. Here though, in hickville, all the cowboys whine about it constantly. God forbid you don't die of lung cancer.

So I don't know of you who have heard of Art Spiegelman, or the Maus books, but he is actually in our town tomorrow. I desperately want to go, but they purposely placed the sessions outside of town to get past the smoke free laws. Gee, maybe there's a reason for the ordinance? So just because a few smokers can't fight their addiction for like 2 hours, I can't go. I refuse to sit in a room having smoke blown in my face, and lose all the hard work I've put into treatments.

It frustrates me too that I spend an hour every day sucking on my nebulizer to PREVENT what these idiots are doing to their lungs. Not to mention I don't need to smell nasty smoke in my sinuses for three days just because I'm walking behind you on the way to class!

So what's more fair? Smokers walking the ten feet to go stand outside and smoke, or me having to stay at home all weekend while my friends go out? And besides, if people are so addicted that they are willing to go stand out in the freezing weather to have a smoke, they need to seriously evaluate their addictions.

sheanna

Okay seriously.

sheanna

Okay seriously.

sheanna

Okay seriously.
<br />
<br />I was so absolutely glad when our town passed the smoke free laws a couple of years ago, because it meant I could actually go and spend time at the bars with my friends. I went to the British Isles a couple of years ago, and LOVED that the whole country is smoke free. And when I was over there, nobody complained. Here though, in hickville, all the cowboys whine about it constantly. God forbid you don't die of lung cancer.
<br />
<br />So I don't know of you who have heard of Art Spiegelman, or the Maus books, but he is actually in our town tomorrow. I desperately want to go, but they purposely placed the sessions outside of town to get past the smoke free laws. Gee, maybe there's a reason for the ordinance? So just because a few smokers can't fight their addiction for like 2 hours, I can't go. I refuse to sit in a room having smoke blown in my face, and lose all the hard work I've put into treatments.
<br />
<br />It frustrates me too that I spend an hour every day sucking on my nebulizer to PREVENT what these idiots are doing to their lungs. Not to mention I don't need to smell nasty smoke in my sinuses for three days just because I'm walking behind you on the way to class!
<br />
<br />So what's more fair? Smokers walking the ten feet to go stand outside and smoke, or me having to stay at home all weekend while my friends go out? And besides, if people are so addicted that they are willing to go stand out in the freezing weather to have a smoke, they need to seriously evaluate their addictions.
<br />
<br />Just thought I'd post that....I figured you all would understand.

Emily65Roses

What a terrible story... and I don't feel like writing what's in my head, because it would go on forever.

But in short... YES smokers piss me off.

Emily65Roses

What a terrible story... and I don't feel like writing what's in my head, because it would go on forever.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

<br />
<br />But in short... YES smokers piss me off.

CowTown

I had a lame experience last week too. I did my treatment in the morning, spent several hours working out, went for a hike, did light weights when I got home. All in all I was feeling like a champ at the end of the day. I felt so good, strong and could breath well, etc. It was so nice. Then, my neighbor walks over to ask me a question about some things with a lit cigarette and after less then 5 minutes I could feel it in my lungs. For the rest of that night it felt like I was breathing in smog all day, when I hadn't. It felt like a snag in my lungs all of a sudden and that all the awesome effort I put into it that day was denied a bit.

I felt better after I did my last treatment but still.... he messed up that good feeling I had going. So lame indeed!

Granted I need to make a much more focused effort to tell people to go away when they're smoking around me. At this time I was just backing away and trying to get away from the smoke until he finished asking me his questions, but he didn't know what I was doing. Next time I will tell him to take his smoke elsewhere and come back when he's done. I need to start communicating this better when I have the chance!

CowTown

I had a lame experience last week too. I did my treatment in the morning, spent several hours working out, went for a hike, did light weights when I got home. All in all I was feeling like a champ at the end of the day. I felt so good, strong and could breath well, etc. It was so nice. Then, my neighbor walks over to ask me a question about some things with a lit cigarette and after less then 5 minutes I could feel it in my lungs. For the rest of that night it felt like I was breathing in smog all day, when I hadn't. It felt like a snag in my lungs all of a sudden and that all the awesome effort I put into it that day was denied a bit.

I felt better after I did my last treatment but still.... he messed up that good feeling I had going. So lame indeed!

Granted I need to make a much more focused effort to tell people to go away when they're smoking around me. At this time I was just backing away and trying to get away from the smoke until he finished asking me his questions, but he didn't know what I was doing. Next time I will tell him to take his smoke elsewhere and come back when he's done. I need to start communicating this better when I have the chance!

CowTown

CowTown

CowTown

<br />
<br />I felt better after I did my last treatment but still.... he messed up that good feeling I had going. So lame indeed!
<br />
<br />Granted I need to make a much more focused effort to tell people to go away when they're smoking around me. At this time I was just backing away and trying to get away from the smoke until he finished asking me his questions, but he didn't know what I was doing. Next time I will tell him to take his smoke elsewhere and come back when he's done. I need to start communicating this better when I have the chance!

C

cfsucks

smokers do not piss me off. they only bother me when they smoke near other people. i could care less if they smoked, just don't do it near me.

C

cfsucks

smokers do not piss me off. they only bother me when they smoke near other people. i could care less if they smoked, just don't do it near me.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks