Do you like the new CFF logo?

LouLou

When I saw it today I thought someone had hacked the website. The site is still not fully operational. My hope is that the logo that is showing with 3 balls rising isn't it. I hate it!
I liked the last logo. I thought it was very versatile. This one with the colored background is not ideal. It will always be trapped in the rectangular box. I'm really hoping it gets canned.

T

TonyaH

I completely agree! Very disappointed in the new design and new website.

CrisDopher

Yes, the new logo is boring.

But sometimes, that's the point. The Chase logo is also boring. But unique - and because of that and its constant association with the name, you can't forget it. My industry intersects at the fringes with the advertising and marketing industry. I know loads of graphic designers and typographers. Sometimes boring is the right choice.

There are also some very practical reasons too boring to share with the public, but which make a ton of sense. Simple logos in a simple two-color scheme mean the logo is cheap to reproduce - which means it can be slapped onto EVERYTHING. Better, yes?

I think some people are reacting badly to the logo because they fear change. It is a shock to see a new look rolled out. Just look at how loudly people scream every time Facebook makes some minor tweak.

As for the CF Superstar phenomenon, I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's important to have an "all-star of the week" kind of thing because we need role models. Our CF kids need role models! People the parents can point to and say, "See Jerry there? He got OLD. He got old because he does his THERAPY." Then, a few years later, the parents can still point to Jerry - "see Jerry there STILL? Why do you think that is? Maybe because he took this transplant thing seriously?" etc. These role models earned the recognition they get and continue to work to be the best example they can be. We have to have examples of "who's doing it right." But if we diffuse the CF Superstar phenomenon by promoting a thousand faces (and aren't we all superstars to somebody in our lives?), then we also diffuse the power of a good role-model.

That said, I have my role models. Superstars you've never heard of, I guess. Kathy Russell, Jen Eisenmann, Marion Rojas, Jonathan McCulley (OK, you may know Jon). I pick my CF Superstars for my own use. And maybe I've been a role model for somebody, somewhere. Hard to say.

Try not to beat up on the CFF for their marketing choices - THEY WORK.

Cris Dopher

A

Allansarmy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TonyaH</b></i> Hannah, I understood the meaning of the logo right away as well,,,I just don't care for it. I am also going to go out on a limb here...(and this may ban me forever!!), but is anyone else getting really tired of the 'cf celebrity' phenomenon? I think inspirational stories of fellow CFers are a wonderful thing, as are friendships that are built within the community. But it seems the CF community seems to choose a few individuals to "idolize" almost, and it goes a bit too far. It seems every time there is a conference or fundraiser the same people are speaking or being used as examples. I can think of so many people I know who are doing amazing things and are great role models for my family....I can't begin to imagine how many more amazing stories could be shared if the CFF (and other resources), would broaden their horizons.</end quote>

I agree with you to a degree. The logo thing, I don't mind it much to be honest. But in my opinion the "CF celebrity" thing doesn't bother me at all. I think the more people that actually knows about the disease the better. There is so many people that have heard the abbreviations CF but they absolutely have no idea whats its about. So when "Celine Dion" speaks about it (Her niece passed away from CF). Also, people like "Boomer Esiason" speaks about it because of his son, I think it gets more awareness out there. I really could care less how they do it either. I want more people donating. If the rich want to get together and "flaunt their clothes and jewelry in front of the camera" and jump on the band wagon of "Lets help these people find a cure" I am all for it. I want my son to live a long and healthy life.