Do you or have you made your own baby food?

HollyAnnsMom

Hi there! I have made most of Holly Ann's baby food since she started eating. She never really cared for jarred baby foods so I had to improvise. I use the "magic bullet". That product has been a life saver. I use it in the morning when she has her milkshake with whole milk, cream, ice cream, and carnation instant breakfast. I also use it to grind up some of the meals that we eat still. When she was younger I would grind up mac and cheese and add extra butter and cheese to make it higher in fat. She also loved any of her meats ground up with whatever veggies we were having and you really can sneak in the extra calories with some squeeze butter or cheese.

HollyAnnsMom

Hi there! I have made most of Holly Ann's baby food since she started eating. She never really cared for jarred baby foods so I had to improvise. I use the "magic bullet". That product has been a life saver. I use it in the morning when she has her milkshake with whole milk, cream, ice cream, and carnation instant breakfast. I also use it to grind up some of the meals that we eat still. When she was younger I would grind up mac and cheese and add extra butter and cheese to make it higher in fat. She also loved any of her meats ground up with whatever veggies we were having and you really can sneak in the extra calories with some squeeze butter or cheese.

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Because of allergy potential, I believe they also recommend delaying giving children peanut butter until they're over a year old.

DS didn't have any issues with dairy, we introduced it gradually.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Because of allergy potential, I believe they also recommend delaying giving children peanut butter until they're over a year old.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS didn't have any issues with dairy, we introduced it gradually.

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>HollyAnnsMom</b></i>

I use the "magic bullet". That product has been a life saver.</end quote></div>

I have one also and this is what I was planning on using. Please let me know if you have any additional tips!

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>HollyAnnsMom</b></i>

I have one also and this is what I was planning on using. Please let me know if you have any additional tips!

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

I use the "magic bullet". That product has been a life saver.</end quote>

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I use the "magic bullet". That product has been a life saver.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I have one also and this is what I was planning on using. Please let me know if you have any additional tips!
<br />
<br />

PlumPerfect

I have a magic bullet and love it!!! I already use it to grind up the supplements I add to his milk.. I was planning on making my own food as well.. they seem to like the idea alot at the clinic ecause you can make it tailored to all thier needs. the dr. said to start with veggies then fruit then meat and the nutritionist said to start with sweet veggies and fruit then veggies then meat.. lol I love how they all have different ideas.. I figure I will give him what he will eat fruit and veggie wise then add meats at the right age. I can't wait. I figure with his sis who get alot of tailored kid healty meals we can generally grind up what she eats.. alot of the time we all eat good ut when spicy and junk stuff comes into play we try to keep that away from her.

PlumPerfect

I have a magic bullet and love it!!! I already use it to grind up the supplements I add to his milk.. I was planning on making my own food as well.. they seem to like the idea alot at the clinic ecause you can make it tailored to all thier needs. the dr. said to start with veggies then fruit then meat and the nutritionist said to start with sweet veggies and fruit then veggies then meat.. lol I love how they all have different ideas.. I figure I will give him what he will eat fruit and veggie wise then add meats at the right age. I can't wait. I figure with his sis who get alot of tailored kid healty meals we can generally grind up what she eats.. alot of the time we all eat good ut when spicy and junk stuff comes into play we try to keep that away from her.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect