Do you think Dr's should be at their patients funerals?

my65roses4me

<u><b>Hi everyone!!!,
I am glad to be back but I am back with moderation in mind so I dont forget about me again.</b></u>

I am just curious what all of your opinions on this subject would be.

Do you think that Dr's should (morally) go to their patients funeral or at least be there with them while they are passing?
Or at least have someone from the Cf team be there?

How do you think these situations should be handled?
When you die do you expect someone from your Cf team to be there, to at least show support for your family?

Please honestly share you opinion. Thanks

my65roses4me

<u><b>Hi everyone!!!,
I am glad to be back but I am back with moderation in mind so I dont forget about me again.</b></u>

Do you think that Dr's should (morally) go to their patients funeral or at least be there with them while they are passing?

When you die do you expect someone from your Cf team to be there, to at least show support for your family?

my65roses4me

<u><b>Hi everyone!!!,

my65roses4me

<u><b>Hi everyone!!!,

my65roses4me

<u><b>Hi everyone!!!,
<br />I am glad to be back but I am back with moderation in mind so I dont forget about me again.</b></u>
<br />
<br />I am just curious what all of your opinions on this subject would be.
<br />
<br />Do you think that Dr's should (morally) go to their patients funeral or at least be there with them while they are passing?
<br />Or at least have someone from the Cf team be there?
<br />
<br />How do you think these situations should be handled?
<br />When you die do you expect someone from your Cf team to be there, to at least show support for your family?
<br />
<br />Please honestly share you opinion. Thanks

LisaV

No.
But I did appreciate my late husband's doctor calling me. (He wasn't on duty the night my husband died.)

I think it is important for the doctors to stay focused on helping people live. Since every one of their patients die. They'd have to go to every single bloody funeral. Burnout and PTSD would hit them faster than it does now.

LisaV

No.
But I did appreciate my late husband's doctor calling me. (He wasn't on duty the night my husband died.)

I think it is important for the doctors to stay focused on helping people live. Since every one of their patients die. They'd have to go to every single bloody funeral. Burnout and PTSD would hit them faster than it does now.

LisaV

No.

LisaV

No.

LisaV

No.
<br />But I did appreciate my late husband's doctor calling me. (He wasn't on duty the night my husband died.)
<br />
<br />I think it is important for the doctors to stay focused on helping people live. Since every one of their patients die. They'd have to go to every single bloody funeral. Burnout and PTSD would hit them faster than it does now.

tara

I think it depends on the relationship you have with your doctor.

My CF doctor was the first person to sign the guestbook at my father's memorial. He came before the funeral parlor even opened that day and payed his respects. I didn't even tell him my dad had died. He must have seen the obituary in the paper. But that's just the kind of man my doctor is. He's a busy man, but obviously takes time out of his day for his patients when he can. (Even though my dad was not a patient, I'm the CF patient)

I don't expect my doctor to be at my bedside, or make a house call when I die. I expect my family will be there.

tara

My CF doctor was the first person to sign the guestbook at my father's memorial. He came before the funeral parlor even opened that day and payed his respects. I didn't even tell him my dad had died. He must have seen the obituary in the paper. But that's just the kind of man my doctor is. He's a busy man, but obviously takes time out of his day for his patients when he can. (Even though my dad was not a patient, I'm the CF patient)

I don't expect my doctor to be at my bedside, or make a house call when I die. I expect my family will be there.

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />My CF doctor was the first person to sign the guestbook at my father's memorial. He came before the funeral parlor even opened that day and payed his respects. I didn't even tell him my dad had died. He must have seen the obituary in the paper. But that's just the kind of man my doctor is. He's a busy man, but obviously takes time out of his day for his patients when he can. (Even though my dad was not a patient, I'm the CF patient)
<br />
<br />I don't expect my doctor to be at my bedside, or make a house call when I die. I expect my family will be there.