Do You Wear Face Masks?

kybert

dont wear em and even if i did wear one it would never stop me from getting infections as they happen by themselves. perhaps i would wear one on a plane, but thats it. unless you are wearing one of those specialmasks that filter germs out [cant remember the name, has a number in it], regular masks are useless for someone wanting protection from others due to poor filtering and gaps in the mask. they only work if they are on the person who is spreading the germs.

kybert

dont wear em and even if i did wear one it would never stop me from getting infections as they happen by themselves. perhaps i would wear one on a plane, but thats it. unless you are wearing one of those specialmasks that filter germs out [cant remember the name, has a number in it], regular masks are useless for someone wanting protection from others due to poor filtering and gaps in the mask. they only work if they are on the person who is spreading the germs.

kybert

Debi

I have never worn them, except for doing yard work. Besides the science that shows they don't really help, it sure seems like it would affect the quality of my life. I do try to avoid touching things that sick people have just touched, especially at work. But I don't avoid being in the same room with sick co-workers or family members. That's just me.

Debi
54 w/cf

Debi

I have never worn them, except for doing yard work. Besides the science that shows they don't really help, it sure seems like it would affect the quality of my life. I do try to avoid touching things that sick people have just touched, especially at work. But I don't avoid being in the same room with sick co-workers or family members. That's just me.

Debi
54 w/cf

Debi

Debi
54 w/cf

LouLou

only on planes. how's your social life? I'm sure with the fashion/beauty conscience high schooler attitude a masked girl doesn't go over too well. I hope you don't get ridiculed. High school can be so stupid sometimes. I once went over to this random hot guys house for breakfast before the pre-SAT and asked his mom if I could have oatmeal... my nickname is Oatmeal to this day by a few jocks in this small Missouri town outside of St. L. Wow! I can only imagine if I'd shown up at age 14 wearing a mask. Like others said I don't think it is likely doing much good and don't underestimate the effects it might have on your life otherwise. Why did you start wearing a mask may I ask and how long have you been wearing one?

LouLou

only on planes. how's your social life? I'm sure with the fashion/beauty conscience high schooler attitude a masked girl doesn't go over too well. I hope you don't get ridiculed. High school can be so stupid sometimes. I once went over to this random hot guys house for breakfast before the pre-SAT and asked his mom if I could have oatmeal... my nickname is Oatmeal to this day by a few jocks in this small Missouri town outside of St. L. Wow! I can only imagine if I'd shown up at age 14 wearing a mask. Like others said I don't think it is likely doing much good and don't underestimate the effects it might have on your life otherwise. Why did you start wearing a mask may I ask and how long have you been wearing one?

LouLou

catboogie

Ceci,

i'm wondering what kind of masks you wear??

i have worn masks on airplanes before, but usually only if there is someone with a nasty cough anywhere near me.

what i DO do is carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere i go. on planes i even take antibacterial wipes and wipe down the arm rests, tray and seat belt. i use it before i eat in restaurants especially.

it is so hard to stop yourself from touching your face! i am going to try and get out of that habbit unless i have clean hands.

catboogie

Ceci,

i have worn masks on airplanes before, but usually only if there is someone with a nasty cough anywhere near me.

what i DO do is carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere i go. on planes i even take antibacterial wipes and wipe down the arm rests, tray and seat belt. i use it before i eat in restaurants especially.

it is so hard to stop yourself from touching your face! i am going to try and get out of that habbit unless i have clean hands.

catboogie

Ceci,

Allie

I'm pretty sure Ry woudl have rather given himself sinus surgery with a grapefruit spoon than wear a mask to the movies.

what made you start wearing masks in public? What does you doctor think?

Allie

I'm pretty sure Ry woudl have rather given himself sinus surgery with a grapefruit spoon than wear a mask to the movies.

Allie

Bumblebee

I'd say life is too short to be going around wearing a mask that is
unlikely to do anything really.  Most bacteria that are
harmful to us are not airborne.  I don't have bug phobia - not
much point.<br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

much point.<br>
xxxx

Bumblebee

much point.<br>
xxxx

kybert

haha good question allie. what DOES you doc think fruity? i know mine would laugh his head off and send me to a psych if i did that!